mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "TIME OUT sync error in MOTIF XS editor"

Posted on: January 09, 2011 @ 12:54 AM
Danzo
Total Posts:  24
Joined  06-14-2010

First issue was that the Motif Editor complained of firmware error so I updated it to the 1.56. All is well.
Then in the MOTIF editor as VST, it always reads “OFFLINE” and when I try to sync it, it get the TIME OUT SYNC ERROR.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2011 @ 01:34 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Welcome to the forums.

You are receiving accurate information from your computer. In each case, when you solve the issue the Error messages will stop. When you got the message about the firmware an appropriate update solved the issue, same will be true when you address the cause of the TIME OUT ERROR.

Time Out Errors are mostly caused by incorrect or incomplete port assignments. You, unfortunately, did not include any information about how you are connected to your computer - we assume either via USB or Firwire

Motif XS VST TIPS

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2011 @ 01:54 AM
Danzo
Joined  06-14-2010

Ok that helps me. The port assignments are probably NOT correct since at the moment, my Cubase 5 educational and I’m on USB.

It is not hearing the midi information on display within the DAW. (blank) I also cannot control other VSTi’s as i used to before with my Motif. I guess i screwed up!!

Whatever information I need to give you, I’ll do my best.

I appreciate your fast and friendly help :D

Also, do you know where and how i can download the original master Presets? I lost mine after the BIOS flash. (Says INITIALIZED MASTER).

Thanks

CAPS ( On parts where it says “not connected”, I cant change it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2011 @ 02:43 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Danzo - 09 January 2011 01:54 AM

[...] Also, do you know where and how i can download the original master Presets? I lost mine after the BIOS flash. (Says INITIALIZED MASTER). [...]

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/index.php/viewthread/445293/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2011 @ 05:06 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Also, do you know where and how i can download the original master Presets? I lost mine after the BIOS flash. (Says INITIALIZED MASTER).

Press [UTILITY]
Press [JOB]
Press [ENTER]
Press [YES]

This is a Factory Set and will restore all the programs to out-of-the-box condition.

Then go to [UTILITY]
Press [F5] CONTROL
Press [SF2] MIDI
Set the MIDI IN/OUT = USB

You will want setup a Cubase Project and launch the Motif XS Editor VST:

· Start a NEW PROJECT
· Use the EMPTY Template
· Once the empty Track View window is showing:
· Go to DEVICES > VST INSTRUMENTS

In the first space in the VST Instruments Rack click and select:
“External” > “D – Motif XS VST”

This is how you access the new “Motif XS Editor VST”. In a similar scenario as you would in setting up an VSTi, you will be asked if you want to create a MIDI track assigned to the “Motif XS VST”.

Create the MIDI track.

The MIDI track for Motif XS data and a VST Folder for the audio lane will appear. The number of audio lanes will depend on the number of audio Outputs you activate for the Motif XS. You are not using mLAN/Firewire so you will have to use the main stereo output for your Audio Interface. Connect the main Left/Right audio outputs to your particular Audio Interface and you will select its DRIVER within the EDITOR VST.

The Editor will launch. If it does not automatically find the ports and communicate with your Motif XS take the following steps:

· Make sure the Motif XS is set to communicate via USB for MIDI communication).
· On the menu bar of the Motif XS Editor VST click FILE > SETUP

Make appropriate Device and Port settings on the Setup screen and click OK. (see first screen shot #1 below - shown for a Motif XS7)

The VST version of the Editor works by establishing both the MIDI path between your computer software applications (Cubase) and an audio path for the returning audio signal (from the Motif XS via your audio interface).

In the Motif XS Editor VST, click on FILE > VSTi SETUP
In the center column “Audio Return Port” setup your audio interface under Left and Right for number 1.

(You will not be able to access the other AUDIO RETURNS as these require an mLAN16E2 or FW16E firewire expansion board. Your audio interface will receive just the Left output and the Right output of the Motif XS returning audio to the DAW. (see screen shot #2 below)

Hope that helps.

You will not need to go to DEVICES > VST CONNECTIONS > INPUTS as you have shown in one of your screen shots… the Motif XS’s audio returns are setup in the EDITOR VST, under FILE > VSTi SETUP.

This is why you cannot CONNECT there.

Image Attachments
USB.jpgVSTi_AudioReturnPorts.JPG
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2011 @ 11:19 AM
Danzo
Joined  06-14-2010

GREAT!! Thank you ! That solves everything. I followed your instructions and now everything syncs==like a charm.

One problem:
In the DEVICE SETUP> INPUT I can’t select a device for STEREO IN.
STEREO OUT reads as Audio Kontrol 1, but I cant select it for INPUT recording.
=-------------------

Ok now that is settled, here is what I would need to/like to do.

I need MULTIPLE instances of the VST and EACH with a different instrument. However, if I make another instance of the VST, it won’t stay independent and both instruments are the SAME.

In able for me to compose music the way I like, I want to have each instance of the VSTi independent with its own different instrument . How can I do this? If its not possible, what is the best alternate route?

I basically need a project with several instrument tracks in a composition all editable. Easy enough with other software vsti’s I dont know how well timed I can make a performance to “bake them all in” as just wave files.

Thank you again :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2011 @ 01:38 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

First, when working with the Motif XS and the Motif XS Editor VST, you must understand that both the Motif XS itself and the Editor represent the same thing. The Editor would be in a MULTI PART mode when you are sequencing with the internal or with an external sequencer - this is so you have access to the 16 Part multi-timbal tone engine.

The Editor in MULTI mode (SONG or PATTERN) represents all 16 PARTS of the XS. In otters words the VST Editor represents your Motif XS. You would only open a second instance of the Editor VST if you have a second Motif XS. The Editor itself represents a multi-timbal / multi-MIDI channel device.

One Motif XS = 1 instance of the Motif XS Editor VST

You create a separate MIDI track for *each* PART, assigning the track to a separate MIDI Channel 1-16, and as you select the track the Editor will select that corresponding PART and Channel.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2011 @ 10:23 PM
Danzo
Joined  06-14-2010

Ahh great. Thank you. I have set up my Cubase as such. Everything is working as it should.
Each midi pattern corresponds to the instrument part and plays into Cubase without error.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9190/xscreen054.jpg

Ok if i have any other questions not related to Time out sync, I’ll make a new topic. Sorry that its veering out of title, but this the problem was preventing me to get to this final stage.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ i’m shocked !!
Next Topic:

How to put a voice into a performance with all of its settings? ››