mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Possible problem with MOWAVE using tiny samples."

Posted on: January 07, 2011 @ 12:35 AM
mkastrup
Total Posts:  6
Joined  10-16-2010

EDIT:

Hang on, this might be a problem with the Motif Waveform Editor by John Melas. Going to do some tests.!

TESTING:

It seems that the problem starts in MOWAVE, when i import a wav file i can clearly hear a buzz in the loop. I’ve reported this to John Melas, for some odd reason there is no trouble in his end. Perhaps its a Vista MAC thing, dunno yet.

------------------------------------------------------

I made some tiny looped waveform which produce no clicks in wavelab and no clicks when load in to USR memory but when i copy the waveforms to FL2 Flash then suddenly i can hear each loop click. I have tested those waveforms over and over with other applications and they loop fine but when copy’ed to Flash then 90% of the loops will click.

I’m working with single cycle waveforms up to 8 cycles.

Soooo something happens in the copy process to flash, how can i get rid of this click. If this cant be helped then i have to ditch my Motif XF since this was the sole reason for buying it.

I’ve spend 2 months creating those waveforms and always used them in USR memory with no problem at all.

I could use some help here.....

/Michael

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2011 @ 12:47 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

We can give you one other tip. The Motif XF chip needs data at the end of the loop for interpolation.

You might try putting an extra cycle of the waveform at the end of sample AFTER the loop.

I realize this sounds strange because technically you never hear this, but it is used by the chip to interpolate or for a less technical term , anticipate , what data point will come next.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2011 @ 04:51 PM
motifiert
Total Posts:  22
Joined  01-08-2011

Hey mkastrup, did you solve the problem?

What do you mean by “Vista MAC thing”? Are you running Vista with Bootcamp or Parallels or VMware on a Mac?

-

Does anybody else here have these buzzy/clicky-loops problem?

Does anybody here use the Motif Waveform Editor frequently and copy the samples to the XF user flash? How are your experiences?

(I’m asking because I’m thinking about buying a Motif XF. I’d make heavy use of the Waveform Editor and the Flash memory, so it needs to work flawlessly.)

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2011 @ 09:03 PM
John Melas
Total Posts:  271
Joined  10-31-2002

We confirmed with Michael that there is a difference in reading loop points from WAV files between Motif XS and Motif XF. Actually Motif XF
adds +1 to the end point. Thank you Athan for implying(?) this.
This will be fixed in the next version of Motif Waveform Editor!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MacOS Studio Manager Not Seeing MIDI
Next Topic:

Remote Mode Guide ››