mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Export ES waves/voices into XF?"

Posted on: January 02, 2011 @ 05:35 PM
Mirage1977
Total Posts:  29
Joined  01-02-2011

Hi!
I just bought the MOTIF XF8 coming from ES8.
Can I load into XF8 Flash Memory Waves and Voices/presets of the ES8? I would still have on XF the “Full Grand piano” and others beautiful voices of ES8…

Yamaha makes available the download of these files?

Thanks
Alberto

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 02, 2011 @ 11:25 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002
Mirage1977 - 02 January 2011 05:35 PM

Hi!
Can I load into XF8 Flash Memory Waves and Voices/presets of the ES8? I would still have on XF the “Full Grand piano” and others beautiful voices of ES8…

Thanks
Alberto

No, you cannot load XF waveforms or voices into the ES8.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2011 @ 05:28 AM
Mirage1977
Joined  01-02-2011
DavePolich - 02 January 2011 11:25 PM
Mirage1977 - 02 January 2011 05:35 PM

Hi!

Thanks
Alberto

No, you cannot load XF waveforms or voices into the ES8.

Hi, thanks for reply!

No, I want to do the opposite,
I want to upload into XF8 the waves/voices of ES8!
On ES8, with the function “SaveAll”, it’s possible to export on a Usb PenDrive the waves contained in the ROM of ES8 or should I first copy them into User banks and then export?

thanks
Alberto

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2011 @ 05:00 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Mirage1977 - 03 January 2011 05:28 AM

On ES8, with the function “SaveAll”, it’s possible to export on a Usb PenDrive the waves contained in the ROM of ES8 or should I first copy them into User banks and then export?

thanks
Alberto

No, you could not load ROM waveforms using Save ALL option on any Motif (Classic/ES/XS/XF). With Save ALL function you could only save to USB all User settings: User banks, Utility options, and User Waveforms that is in SDRAM or Flash (XF).

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2011 @ 05:31 AM
Mirage1977
Joined  01-02-2011
nbadesign - 03 January 2011 05:00 PM

thanks
Alberto

No, you could not load ROM waveforms using Save ALL option on any Motif (Classic/ES/XS/XF). With Save ALL function you could only save to USB all User settings: User banks, Utility options, and User Waveforms that is in SDRAM or Flash (XF).

Alex

Hi Alex!
Infact it is exactly as you say! :-<
Why can not we export the original wave ROM?! Perhaps a copyright issue? This is a serious gap! :-(
On my new XF8 I would have liked to have various voices of my previous ES8…
I am disappointed by this fact, Yamaha should consider this demand of its customers! :-/

Alberto

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2011 @ 12:21 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Mirage1977 - 05 January 2011 05:31 AM
nbadesign - 03 January 2011 05:00 PM

[color=gray]

Hi Alex!
Infact it is exactly as you say! :-<
Why can not we export the original wave ROM?! Perhaps a copyright issue? This is a serious gap! :-(
I am disappointed by this fact, Yamaha should consider this demand of its customers! :-/

Alberto

Yes, probably it is copyright issue, but there is also a question who need to save additional information on USB while it is already in ROM? I suppose that no one think about solution to exchange ROM data between different synth models.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2011 @ 12:33 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Why can not we export the original wave ROM?! Perhaps a copyright issue?

You think? (lol)

Please don’t be disappointed with Yamaha. We hired the best programmers in the business and have some of the best engineers. The sound design team goes over previous products and along with the marketing folks decides what waveforms are essential to keep, which ones are essential to upgrade and which one are to be replaced and what new ones need to be added.
While your old favorite (Motif ES) had a total of 1,859 Waveforms… your new Motif XF has more than double that: some 3,977 Waveforms.
While the ES had 175MB of Wave ROM the new XF has more than four times that amount (741MB).

If you have any ALL data (.w7a/.w8a) or ALL VOICE (.w7v/.w8v)files from your old Motif ES, simply load them into the Motif ES (you can load SONGS and PATTERNS, as well). The Motif XF has a sophisticated “look up” function that will “find” the appropriate waveform or the new updated substitute waveform - and the VOICES will load.

Now, that said, we cannot help it if the new VOICE sounds better (lol), we cannot guarantee that the Voice will sound exactly the same because of several factors:
1) The Waveform could be the same but effect processors in the XF are a new generation. You will have to deal with reprogramming the Effects in many cases.
2) the Waveform could be the same but the assigned arpeggios from the ES (1787) have been completely redone. There are now over 7800 of them. Many of the ES arpeggios are not in the XF (and if they are there is look-up table for the arpeggios in all cases.
3) The Waveform data has replaced with a new new sample set.
4) The better DACs will undoubtedly sound different (we know they sound better) - the XF is two generations beyond the ES.

Then because we are sensitive to the needs of customers, like yourself, who can’t let go of the “old bulb” (so to speak), we make the best of the previous keyboard’s Voice library available for free download… how’s that? :-/ >>>> :-)

Still disappointed?

We do it this way - because, you’re right, we cannot just post the raw data as .wav format, so that every other comapny can improve their own keyboards… you’ll just have to trust Yamaha. Trust that the staff tasked with doing this kind of thing, knows what they are doing… More times than not, they REALLY do! :)

Link to the INSPIRATION IN A FLASH - free content for the Motif XF

Enjoy!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2011 @ 05:01 PM
Mirage1977
Joined  01-02-2011
Bad_Mister - 05 January 2011 12:33 PM

Why can not we export the original wave ROM?! Perhaps a copyright issue?

You think? (lol)

Please don’t be disappointed with Yamaha. We hired the best programmers in the business and have some of the best engineers. The sound design team goes over previous products and along with the marketing folks decides what waveforms are essential to keep, which ones are essential to upgrade and which one are to be replaced and what new ones need to be added.
While your old favorite (Motif ES) had a total of 1,859 Waveforms… your new Motif XF has more than double that: some 3,977 Waveforms.
While the ES had 175MB of Wave ROM the new XF has more than four times that amount (741MB).

If you have any ALL data (.w7a/.w8a) or ALL VOICE (.w7v/.w8v)files from your old Motif ES, simply load them into the Motif ES (you can load SONGS and PATTERNS, as well). The Motif XF has a sophisticated “look up” function that will “find” the appropriate waveform or the new updated substitute waveform - and the VOICES will load.

Now, that said, we cannot help it if the new VOICE sounds better (lol), we cannot guarantee that the Voice will sound exactly the same because of several factors:
1) The Waveform could be the same but effect processors in the XF are a new generation. You will have to deal with reprogramming the Effects in many cases.
2) the Waveform could be the same but the assigned arpeggios from the ES (1787) have been completely redone. There are now over 7800 of them. Many of the ES arpeggios are not in the XF (and if they are there is look-up table for the arpeggios in all cases.
3) The Waveform data has replaced with a new new sample set.
4) The better DACs will undoubtedly sound different (we know they sound better) - the XF is two generations beyond the ES.

Then because we are sensitive to the needs of customers, like yourself, who can’t let go of the “old bulb” (so to speak), we make the best of the previous keyboard’s Voice library available for free download… how’s that? :-/ >>>> :-)

Still disappointed?

We do it this way - because, you’re right, we cannot just post the raw data as .wav format, so that every other comapny can improve their own keyboards… you’ll just have to trust Yamaha. Trust that the staff tasked with doing this kind of thing, knows what they are doing… More times than not, they REALLY do! :)

Link to the INSPIRATION IN A FLASH - free content for the Motif XF

Enjoy!

Hi Bad_Mister!
I am sorry, I did not want to mortify the EXCELLENT work done by the Yamaha staff in the new Motif XF!
Motif XF is certainly a keyboard at the top of excellence!!!
I’ll try to follow your advice about loading “AllVoice” of ES in the XF.

thanks
Alberto

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ metronome too slow.
Next Topic:

How to open the ES6 to replace key ››