mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Converting .w2w files into wav?"

Posted on: December 31, 2010 @ 05:27 PM
jgk281
Total Posts:  40
Joined  04-22-2010

Whenever I re-sample a song and save it as a wav file, it instead saves it as a .w2w file. So how do I play that on my computer or burn it to a cd?

Is there a program that I need to convert the file, or a way to just save it as a standard wav file to begin with?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 02, 2011 @ 11:46 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Whenever I re-sample a song and save it as a wav file, it instead saves it as a .w2w file. So how do I play that on my computer or burn it to a cd?

We assume you have a Motif (classic). We only know this because you are apparently saving in the Motif “ALL WAVEFORM”.

You do not want to save a Waveform… just FYI: A Waveform contains Motif parameters that give the sampled audio the necessary information to be accessed by a Motif VOICE. That is, it includes things like KEY BANK parameters which tell it what keys and pitch to play in response to the KEYBOARD, it also includes VELOCITY range information that tell it when and how loud to sound when you press a KEY on the keyboard. It also includes whether the sample will play forward once, in reverse, or looped, etc.

Since know of this information means anything to your computer, you do not want to save as ALL WAVEFORM.

Save it in a format that a device like your computer can understand - save it as a (simple) .wav file.

Press [FILE]
Set TYPE = .WAV

Save in this format and your computer (which does not care or even know about KEYS, or VELOCITY or play direction) will be able to play it back and you can burn it to CD or whatever.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Loading Save All gives 2 octaves up
Next Topic:

Which way to sample?? ››