mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Restricting MIDI control to the keys only"

Posted on: December 24, 2010 @ 05:44 AM
Manoa
Total Posts:  2
Joined  12-23-2010

I need assistance in setting the MIDI control to only the keys. I am using a Voice Live module and everytime I change a setting in the Performance mode it resets the settings on the Voice Live module.  I need to fix this quickly before my next gig....HELP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2010 @ 04:44 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry, but you really need to gather more information on operating your VOICE LIVE module (whatever that is)… we can help you on the Motif XS side of things, if you provide us with some information about your connection to this device and what it responds to… and your basic goal in using it.

If it is something you wish to control and it is obviously an external device, the mode on the Motif XS for such things is called (appropriately enough): MASTER mode.

This is used when you need to customize what is sent to your internal Motif XS tone engine separately from what you want to send OUT via MIDI.

So, if you are using PERFORMANCE mode, you need to associate a MASTER program with your PERFORMANCE and setup to control it via ZONE 1. Then you can setup ZONE 2 to send or not send specific commands to your external device whatever that happens to be…

Hope that gets you started.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2010 @ 04:03 PM
Manoa
Total Posts:  2
Joined  12-23-2010

I have found the problem.  It is in the xs operating system.  I need to upgrade to the ver 1.07.  How do I do that?  I have two xs’s Only one has the ver 1.07 the other does not.  The one with ver 1.07 works just fine with the voice live.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2010 @ 07:23 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

1.07??? The latest operating system for the Motif XS is version 1.56 (and a new one is due in January) I don’t even want to tell you how old 1.07 is.

Please visit the official Motif XS download page and bring both of your units up to date, many new features and functions have been added to the Motif XS while you’ve been sleeping :)

Official Motif XS download page

When you download the updater all the instructions are included - recommended: Read them carefully!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Which of the three daw systems is the best
Next Topic:

xs display backlight defect? ››