mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "DRUM TRACK 10"

Posted on: December 14, 2010 @ 10:10 PM
harvey44
Total Posts:  2
Joined  12-14-2010

Hello!

I am using some purchased sequences. When I load the song the drum track (track 10) plays random voices other than drums. I have gone back in and changed and/or verified that the file is reset to GM. Any Ideas?

Thanks!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 14, 2010 @ 10:34 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Improperly prepared MIDI files do not contain the appropriate RESET commands or do not use the required Bank Select MSB/LSB information. If that information were in the file, the Motif XS would properly set PART 10 to drums.

Call up the SONG
Make sure the [TRACK] button is lit
Press [10] to select Track 10
Press [EDIT] to view the EVENT LIST
The first event on the track should be the “PC” event… Yamaha shows the MSB/LSB and Program Change information as a single ‘packed’ event.

Undoubtedly your track 10 will show:

Meaning the author probably prepared the file on a device that only had a GM sound set, and only drums could be on track 10. Unfortunately, or better stated, fortunately, your XF has more than just a GM bank. So it requires the proper MSB-LSB-PC event.

Move the cursor to highlight this event and change the asterisks to 127-000-000 if you want the GM KIT

Change it to 063-032-xxx if you want to use a PRESET Motif XF kit… where ‘xxx’ = a kit 000-031 (1-32 in the Preset Drum Bank)

Once you have made the Edit, press [STORE] - and be sure to SAVE the file in a Motif XF format.

For more on how GM files work - please see the following article: A short tutorial: Proper GM Files

It includes a “test” example file that shows exactly what should have been done in the GM file. Hope it helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 21, 2010 @ 02:44 PM
harvey44
Total Posts:  2
Joined  12-14-2010

Thanks very much.
That worked.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Loading Pattern onto USB Drive
Next Topic:

Motif XS OS Update ››