mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Loading Pattern onto USB Drive"

Posted on: December 14, 2010 @ 03:43 PM
Lifespeed
Total Posts:  9
Joined  09-17-2010

Ok, so I created a pattern chain that is comprised of Sections A-I and is ~4 minutes in length. Next, I inserted my handy-dandy Dell USB drive (128MB capacity) and went through what I believe are the correct procedures via utility, file, save to record the pattern chain to the USB.

My XS88 wrote 11 min worth of data to to the drive. This puzzles me since the pattern is so short and I specifically selected the pattern that I named “Housemaster”.  Second, when I went to play the .wav file on my computer it would not work. It looked like it was playing but I could not hear the tracks. The file type is Vox but it has a .wav extension - do I need to do something else to the file to hear it?

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Incapatible USD flash storage device or am I missing a step when I am saving the pattern?

I have read the manual and there are not a lot of details about this operation.

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 14, 2010 @ 07:39 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Ok, so I created a pattern chain that is comprised of Sections A-I and is ~4 minutes in length. Next, I inserted my handy-dandy Dell USB drive (128MB capacity) and went through what I believe are the correct procedures via utility, file, save to record the pattern chain to the USB.

We have to conclude that what you believed were the correct procedures were not. What is it you really wanted to do?

Are you attempting to record the data as audio to your USB drive?
or are you simply trying to back up the data.

Recording audio to the USB drive is done in real time and if your Chain is 4 minutes will take 4 minutes and what’s more you will hear it as it happens.

Try again.

Call up your PATTERN.
Press [F4] CHAIN (makes sure you are the TOP)
Go directly to [FILE]
Press [F4] AUDIO
Press [F1] SAVE
Give the file a name > Press [ENTER]
Set the TRIGGER LEVEL = 1
Press [ENTER] to arm the recorder
Press Start on the SEQ TRANSPORT.

When the audio recording is complete, Press [ENTER] to end recording…

Verify the playback by press [SF2] PLAY.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 14, 2010 @ 08:26 PM
Lifespeed
Total Posts:  9
Joined  09-17-2010

Bad Mister,
You are the man. Thanks! I downloaded it last night and it worked. The directions I had indicated the same steps but left out hitting the sequencer transport button whilst recording to the USB. I think the first time I accidentally backed up all my data.

As usual, you are extremely helpful. Thanks again.

Drew

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ 3rd day trying to get MIDI out working
Next Topic:

DRUM TRACK 10 ››