mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Keyfax reputable?"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: November 20, 2010 @ 02:53 PM
Igglethorpe
Total Posts:  163
Joined  11-20-2010

Greetings.  I am new here.  I’ve never owned a Yamaha keyboard until now.  In the past I’ve owned Roland boards, but the most recent Fantom G really turned me off to their products.

Anywho… I thought it might be a good idea to buy a video tutorial on the new Motif XF.  I read that the XS is very similar in structure and should be able to pick up a video based on that workstation and get enough out of it to learn my new board.  In my desire to get started right away and also find DVDs somewhat useless, I went to Keyfax’s website and purchased the digital download version of “World of Motif” for $19.99.  It asked me to create an account (which I did).  After the transaction, they took my money, but did not register my account.  I proved this by trying to restore my password using the email address I used to register.  Obviously, I emailed them right away and am waiting a response.

Has anyone else had issues with this company?  Keep in mind, I’m completely new in the Yamaha realm and have not had business dealing with this company in the past.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 20, 2010 @ 03:14 PM
abwdoc
Total Posts:  32
Joined  10-09-2004

Hello Igglethorpe...I have dealt with the Motifator store and Keyfax many times over the course of owning Motifs, and I have always been able to get ahold of someone with a immediate and positive response, be it a billing or technical issue.  I would give them my highest recommendation !!
So call them first thing on Monday...I’m sure they’ll take care of you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 20, 2010 @ 03:55 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

I have had a working business relationship with Keyfax since 2002 (I’m DCP Productions, and many of my sound libraries are available for purchase
and download at the Shop on this website).

Keyfax is a completely honest, reputable company, ethically and business-wise. The owner and staff are great people.

There is some kind of electronic data mixup with your account. Call Keyfax
Monday morning (remember, they’re on the West Coast of the U.S., on Pacific time)- they’ll get it straightened out for you, as the first reply
stated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 20, 2010 @ 03:58 PM
g.nieddu
Total Posts:  185
Joined  02-14-2009

In my opinion Keyfax gives an excellent support and be sure that they solve your problem. I’ve bought 5 XS libraries and I didn’t have any trouble. Sorry for you, but don’t worry.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 20, 2010 @ 04:54 PM
admin
Total Posts:  9578
Joined  12-09-2008

Hi there,

At 9:05 this AM (Saturday 11/20) igglethorpe was sent a replacement link. 

We do our best to take care of any download issues as soon as possible.

Thanks for your continued support!

KF

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 20, 2010 @ 08:30 PM
Igglethorpe
Joined  11-20-2010

Thanks everyone for your response and assistance.  I have indeed received a new link and am downloading the video now.

Thanks for the warm welcome and general level headedness which can be sometimes hard to find on forums these days.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 20, 2010 @ 09:11 PM
Ricoche
Total Posts:  20
Joined  05-06-2010

Hello,

I just recently had a bumpy transaction myself just two days ago.  Indeed I feel Keyfax is reputable although I’ve only had one purchase with them.  My download links were not working for an unknown reason after signing up and paying the amount.  In fact it was for one of Dave’s DVDs called “Sound Advice”.  The “correct” links were issued after I ranted a bit 24 hours later and all was well.  Honestly, Keyfax has been around for a long time initially with their midi files and such.  I’m sure they are a great company in the eyes of most here, especially on Motifator.  They didn’t leave me with a favorable first impression though which is just as important as properly sending download links.  Without a proper explanation as to what happened, I frankly will be on the fence now as to whether I’ll purchase another DVD download from Keyfax.  My experience wasn’t smooth at all unfortunately.

By the way, the DVD is great Dave!!  Thank you!

- Jim

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 21, 2010 @ 12:45 PM
jasonthebaldguy
Total Posts:  71
Joined  04-01-2010

iggy?!  from roland clan!...hey its JCTHMC or “Jasonthebaldguy” here… so you got a motif xs? I exited the minute I laid eyes on the Fantom G..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 21, 2010 @ 07:15 PM
Igglethorpe
Joined  11-20-2010

Hey JCTHMC!  Long time no see.

I actually drank the cool aid and bought a G7 a few years ago.  Was major frustration from day one.  Sold it not long after at a low cost because no one wants it.  Thought I was done with hardware workstations until… I picked up a Motif XF and love it so far.  The sounds are phenomenal.  There definitely are more important things than mouse support a big screen and 128 track recording on a workstation!

Will see you around the motifator!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2010 @ 12:48 AM
PSALM23
Total Posts:  25
Joined  11-07-2010
Igglethorpe - 20 November 2010 02:53 PM

Greetings.  I am new here.  I’ve never owned a Yamaha keyboard until now.  In the past I’ve owned Roland boards, but the most recent Fantom G really turned me off to their products.

Anywho… I thought it might be a good idea to buy a video tutorial on the new Motif XF.  I read that the XS is very similar in structure and should be able to pick up a video based on that workstation and get enough out of it to learn my new board.  In my desire to get started right away and also find DVDs somewhat useless, I went to Keyfax’s website and purchased the digital download version of “World of Motif” for $19.99.  It asked me to create an account (which I did).  After the transaction, they took my money, but did not register my account.  I proved this by trying to restore my password using the email address I used to register.  Obviously, I emailed them right away and am waiting a response.

Has anyone else had issues with this company?  Keep in mind, I’m completely new in the Yamaha realm and have not had business dealing with this company in the past.

I had the same issue. I ordered twice thinking the first one was an error. I have had no response as yet from the company.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 24, 2010 @ 09:09 PM
motidave
Total Posts:  426
Joined  10-03-2010

I had some issues with voice/perf libraries they sell - they were designed for the XS and, me being a new user, I had issues loading.  I bought two separate collections, and still haven’t gotten all of both to load as they are trying to load to the same place.  Its fixable, I just haven’t had time to mess with it.

My point ... when I emailed them, I didn’t get any reply either.  So I actually picked up the phone and called their 800 number.  They answered immediately and were very interested and responsive in helping me.  They didn’t realize the XF issues so they didn’t have an immediate answer, but they did seem to care.

I have a feeling they aren’t monitoring their emails very well - give them a direct call when you have an issue.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 24, 2010 @ 11:10 PM
Jive Talking Robot
Total Posts:  201
Joined  08-23-2010

After years of trying different online resellers, I have settled on Sweetwater and Nova as my 1 and 2 go-to joints.. but I found KeyFax to treat me as well as my regular outlets.

Case in point: I bought about 10 of their MIDI loop libraries on floppy YEARS ago.  I contacted them about getting the latest Motifizednd/or updated versions via download w/ PDF manuals a few months back.  They literally e-mailed me the updates the very next day free of charge. Zero hassle.  Heck, a few years back one of those floppies bit the dust - I contacted their customer service and they sorted me out w/ a download version… again, w/ no issues.

I ended up buying some monitors and an XF6 from them in Sept.  I went back to buy the FW16e a few weeks later.  My experiences have been great and I am very happy with my purchase(s). They may not be my go to for everything (I am happy w/ my rep @ Sweetwater and the crew @ Nova is top flight), but I am happy to use them for all things Yamaha.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2016 @ 10:15 AM
SjaakMotifXF8
Joined  01-06-2013

My experience with Keyfax is not positive. They do respond to emails in order to get sales, and once the money is in, no emails are ever responded too. I’ve paid USD 449 on Nov 16th, 2015, and never got the downloadable product (Jan 9th, 2016).

Here the details (GMT+1hr times) (brief summary text only):

Nov 8 4:37
Subject: Streaming Option Now Available for Alan Parsons’ Master Class at Abbey Road

Nov 11 18:02
I forward the message to ‘info@artandscienceofsound.com’
Will there be the option for downloading the streamed sessions?

Nov 12 23.20
From: [mailto:info.keyfax@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Keyfax NewMedia
Yes, we will have an option to download the streamed sessions that is included in the price.
The ASSR and Musicians Guild team.

Nov 12 23.47
I respond to
Looks like the page you’re trying to visit doesn’t exist.
Please check the URL and try your luck again.
Can you confirm all this is no scam????

Nov 12 23.51
Keyfax NewMedia wrote:
This is no scam. Once logged in to musiciansguild.com you should be able to complete the purchase at https://musiciansguild.com/learning
We are busy trying to reproduce those issues now.
Many have already signed up, and you can feel secure in this process.
Thanks!

Nov 12 23:52
Keyfax NewMedia wrote:
What web browser and on what machine were you getting this error?

Nov 13 0:02
I see the error now.
I will fix the popup link for the terms and conditions. 
As far as the 1064 error, you need to click on which of the packages you would like to purchase, and then click on the buy now button.
Thanks!

Nov 13 00:19
I respond to
Just completed the purchase.

Nov 13 0:23
Thank you for your feedback.
It’ll be a great session!

Nov 29 16:46
I respond to
“Yes, we will have an option to download the streamed sessions that is included in the price.“ Where can I find the downloads?

Dec 10 19:39
I sent a reminder email to .

Dec 20 13:19
To: ‘info@alanparsons.com’
Cc: ‘info.keyfax@gmail.com’;
Please can you help me out?
At keyfax they are very helpful and swiftly responding to resolve a sales payment issue (hours response time), but when there is a delivery issue they just don’t respond in 3 weeks. Very annoying.

Dec 23 18:34
To: ‘info@artandscienceofsound.com’
CC: ‘info.keyfax@gmail.com’ ; ‘Keyfax NewMedia’ ; ‘info@alanparsons.com’
Please can you help me out?
I haven’t been able to get support. See details in emails below.

Jan 9 13:47
To: ‘Keyfax NewMedia’
Cc: ‘info.keyfax@gmail.com’; ‘info@alanparsons.com’; ‘info@artandscienceofsound.com’
First of all, best wishes for 2016!
On http://www.keyfax.com/index.php/about-keyfax I read “KEYFAX is a fresh, new online store with old school experience and values.” and “Welcome to a new experience in music production retailing.”
Unfortunately I’m not experiencing this.
I’ve placed an order, and paid it, on November 12th. However, delivery hasn’t been done yet.
Please can you help out?

End of emails so far.

I read in previous posts, you have to call them, because they don’t regularly check their email. I see that differently. They read their emails and selectively respond. See their response time to get the money in and compare that with their response time when it’s time for delivery....

My conclusion: Keyfax is not a reliable party. I can’t recommend them.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2016 @ 12:53 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Sorry you have been having trouble but emails over the Xmas and New Year’s holidays to any business often get slowed down because the offices might be closed or folks are on vacation. I am surprised you didn’t get any automated responses stating that.

Keyfax is reputable. I haven’t always gotten immediate responses but I have always been able to get my issues resolved in a timely fashion.

Have you tried calling them on the phone?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2016 @ 03:42 PM
SjaakMotifXF8
Joined  01-06-2013

Dear meatballfulton

Thanks for your fast response!
“emails over the Xmas and New Year’s holidays to any business often get slowed down”
I fully agree and I fully accept that, but Xmas period didn’t start Nov 29, isn’t it?

On Nov 12, I got 5 responses within 1 working day. Yes, that’s about them closing the sale.
How many holidays do they have from Nov 29 to Jan 9? That’s a 41 day period. These 6 weeks are not enough to even respond once about a delivery issue. And it’s not a USD 9,99 download. It’s a USD 449 download. Even if they will resolve this issue, I can’t see that as resolving in a timely fashion anymore. Sorry if you read my frustration between the lines, but yes, I’m frustrated by this lack of service.

You wrote “Keyfax is reputable”.
I’m not native English. According to Oxford Dictionary “reputable” means “that people consider to be honest and to provide a good service”.

The facts:
5 responses in 1 day to get USD 449 in
Then not delivering the product in 58 days.
0 responses in 41 days upon raising the issue

Sorry, this is not really an example of providing a good service.
So based on my experience, and per definition described above, Keyfax is not reputable.

I haven’t been calling them. I’m based in Europe, GMT+1.
I guess I’m 9-11 hours ahead of Keyfax?

Again, thanks for your response!
Have a great weekend!

Sjaak

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2016 @ 07:42 PM
SjaakMotifXF8
Joined  01-06-2013

Update. It’s now 13 Jan, 23.39 GMT+1. I guess Keyfax is 9-11 hours behind. Not sure about their exact time zone.

I called +1 (800) 752-2780. Nobody present at the office, so I left a voice mail message.
Status: 0 responses in 45 days upon raising the issue. Keyfax is a reputable company?

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Tap Tempo
Next Topic:

XS files and XF files. Compatibility? ››