mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cutoff being goofy"

Posted on: November 13, 2010 @ 11:12 AM
KeyboardPlayerforfun
Total Posts:  23
Joined  07-19-2009

Hi! Can someone please give me an idea what should I be editing to get the desired effect from tweaking the cutoff knob?
Here is my problem: I’m trying to use the sound called “Big Lead” ( actually 2 of them slightly detuned in a multi once I’m done tweaking) when I turn the cutoff knob ( CCW ) on my controller (MM6) I expect the sound to become muffled,dark,souding like it’s coming from the end of a long tunnel etc. Instead I get left with this sharp punchy high pitch organ type sound (pretty ugly)about the oposite what I want.
This is a 3 element voice and I know every voice is effected differently from cutoff but I hope there is a way to get different frequencies filtered somehow.
Any input appreciated!
Barna

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 16, 2010 @ 08:23 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry we don’t have the MM6 and Motif-Rack here to try this out. Don’t remember the sound you are talking about “Big Lead”??? is that the name of it?

Try the MW - often synth lead sounds have the filter already assigned to the MW.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 16, 2010 @ 11:35 PM
KeyboardPlayerforfun
Total Posts:  23
Joined  07-19-2009

Well, in my Motif Rack VOICE ----> CATEGORY = Syn.Lead scroll past half way down and although it does say USR1 Big Lead I know I did not name it however a previous owner might have over written and renamed a voice? I guess possible.
Bad Mister thanks for getting back to me on this but don’t worry about it,I’m probably asking the impossible! The point was not the MM6 but what the cutoff effect does to most of the synth voices in the rack!
If I tweak the cutoff right from the front panel of the rack,(editing)it (obviously)does the same as tweaking it on the controller keyboard.

Even though I only use the MM6 as a MIDI controller anymore,I have to mention that what ever the cutoff effect filters in the MM6,(using it’s own voices)it does a hell of a better job to the synth voices than the Motif Rack does with it’s own synth voices. And that’s what I was trying to change but looks like not going to happen.
Seems like the designers of the Motif Rack hated Trance music but loved organ sounds and as a joke they went “ I give you stupid trance when you touch that cutoff it’s gonna leave you organ sound haha “

Tried MW ,it does resonance change as is but I will play with it.
Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Getting Motif Rack voices into the Motif
Next Topic:

Motif Rack ››