mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "K-Sounds Yamaha C7 Signature Piano"

Posted on: October 18, 2010 @ 01:15 AM
abwdoc
Total Posts:  32
Joined  10-09-2004

I have been reading on the forum about pianos, and I decided that I would go ahead and get the K-Sounds Yamaha C7 Signature Piano.  Since I have a 1G flash board installed and formatted, I decided to go with the large file size piano (495Mb).
First, I loaded the KSSP_LRG.X0A file, as a All file type.  Then, I loaded the KSSP_LRG.X0W file as a All Waveform file.  And I get.....NOTHING !!  All the voices using this C7 are dead and non-responsive.  When I pull up the performances, I only get the non-piano sounds or portions of the sounds...with C7 + Rhodes, all I get is the Rhodes...with the C7 & Strings, all I get is strings.
So, has anyone else experienced this ??  I loaded this twice (actually re-formatting my flash drive in-between), and still the same results.  Any ideas why this is ??  And, how can I fix it ?? 
Thanks in advance for any and all help in this matter.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2010 @ 02:23 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Please see Private Message…

Image Attachments
KsoundIssueLrg.JPG
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2010 @ 10:17 AM
ksounds
Total Posts:  670
Joined  05-06-2004

abwdoc,

Thank you for your message. And thank you for purchasing Signature Piano! I just became aware of this issue as it relates to the Motif XF. You’ll need to load an ALL file that contains the samples in it. I have sent this file type to Keyfax / Motifator. Please contact them for links to download this update. An updated user guide should be available in the near future, but the loading process for the new files is simple: just load the All file.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2010 @ 03:57 PM
aaronnkosi
Total Posts:  50
Joined  07-17-2009

Hi,
I have the same problem with k sounds piano 1.

after turning the power off and on again, the sounds were not audible when pressing the keyboard. what could be the problem because I have flash board installed?

please help me with the loading

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2010 @ 04:22 PM
abwdoc
Joined  10-09-2004

Hello Ksounds...thanks for the quick response.  I noticed that the order of loading is important...so...does this file also have loading instructions ??  I got some instructions from Bad_Mister that got me going (THANK YOU PHIL !!), but I don’t trust my knowledge of software...so...I think that I am going to clear the memory and reload it.
From what I hear, the pianos are a VAST improvement over stock sounds...but...how hard is it to (1) boost the upper and lower ends just a little bit, and (2) eliminate the “airy-ness”...maybe a little too much reverb on some patches ??  I’m dying to hear what you can do with doing this for a Steinway B.
I’ll contact Keyfax right now.  Again, thanks Bad_Mister for your help in this...people like you are why YAMAHA RULES !!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2010 @ 05:29 PM
ksounds
Joined  05-06-2004

aaronnkosi, my guess is that the samples loaded into the stock 128Mb RAM, not the flash.

abwdoc, 1.) Very easy. You can adjust the VCM EQ insert effect for the voices. Adjust the Master EQ for performances.  2.) You can disable the sympathetic string resonance, which has a reverb quality to it. The samples themselves are slightly ambient, so there will always be a bit of ambiance even without resonance samples.

Other thoughts…

I’ve always formatted my sample libraries as two separate files: an All file containing voices and performances, and an AllWaveform file containing the samples. Getting the sounds onto a Motif ES or XS involved loading the All file and then loading the AllWaveform file. Keeping the waveforms separate allowed users to reload just the samples for subsequent uses (instead of loading a whole All file, which would overwrite any voice edits they made).

However, I plan to change my approach for K-Sounds sample libraries to include everything in a single All file. Two reasons for this change: 1.) Other developers include the samples in the same All file as the voices and performances, and the different approach of K-Sounds products has caused confusion. 2.) The Motif XF was designed to easily load samples with the corresponding voices in the same All file. Having a separate file for the samples requires editing after loading to point each voice element to the correct flash bank. (The XS didn’t have flash, so XS files don’t have a flash bank parameter saved in them.)

I’ve sent complete ALL files to Keyfax for Signature Piano (XS / XF format). I’m working on the files for Piano 1 and Piano 2, as well as updated user guides with new (simpler) loading instructions.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2010 @ 11:09 PM
abwdoc
Joined  10-09-2004

Okay...Motifator sent me the corrective files for this to load to my XF.  I downloaded them, and I get the following zip files:

(1) KSSP_XS_All_Files_updates_10-18-10-1.zip
(2) KSSP_XS_All_Files_updates_10-18-10.zip

...but...when I try to unzip them, here’s what I get:
“unable to archive”...on both files.

Any ideas as to what’s happening here now ???

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2010 @ 10:23 AM
ksounds
Joined  05-06-2004

Have you tried selecting / highlighting both files at the same time and then trying to unzip / extract? I’m not sure how Keyfax have formatted the zip files, so if that doesn’t solve your problem, they will need to comment on what you need to do.

UPDATE: I just emailed Keyfax updated files for the XS/XF formats of Piano 1 and Piano 2. Keyfax is not even open yet (it’s still very early in California), so please allow them some turnaround time. Just wanted folks to know the problem is actively being addressed.

[ Ignore ]