mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "LG 800 Stand"

Posted on: October 06, 2010 @ 01:15 AM
vanillawafer
Total Posts:  126
Joined  07-01-2007

Will the Yamaha LG 800 stand hold the XF8?  It says it’s for the CP1 but it also looks like it would be great for the XF8.  I hope the answer is yes since I just ordered one :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 06, 2010 @ 10:46 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Yes it does… you can see the Motif XF8 on LG800 stand if you go to the dedicated page: Motif XF on yamahasynth

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 06, 2010 @ 11:06 AM
vanillawafer
Total Posts:  126
Joined  07-01-2007

Awesome, found it.  Looks sweet :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2010 @ 06:29 PM
Hobby
Total Posts:  20
Joined  09-04-2009

To: Bad_Mister

Can you tell us what kind/manufacturer of keyboard’s stand was pictured for XF7 on previous picture (XF7 right to the “studio-table") ?
Together with my friends I’m tried to find it on Net’s stores but without success… Is it something special from Yamaha or future product not announced by Yamaha today? It’s looking so good but not available or so difficult to be find… also not mentioned as option/accessories.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2010 @ 06:50 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

That stand on the XF7 is the old Yamaha LG100 - which may be discontinued depending on where in the world you are… The stand on the XF8 is the Yamaha LG800

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2010 @ 06:17 AM
Redhotpoker
Total Posts:  3601
Joined  11-18-2010

When I first had my LG 800 stand home and easily assembled, I admit to being a bit concerned about fit too. The stand is definately very well made, good design and with excellent clean smooth finish. I had the stand fully extended with the little spring clips sticking out, right where they belong, to prevent over extension. I soon realized looking up from underneath the stand, with the XF 8 on top, the feet weren’t anywhere near the cutouts made for them. This particular stand was just a tiny bit too long, I thought at first.

But with a little juggleing & a few light, firm but gentle open palm hits, that stand slowly slid back together, into the right length dimension, and you know, those feet just slid so lovingly, within them round/oblong cutouts you’d think it was a marriage made in Workstation Keyboard Stand Heaven.
Or simply some Yamaha quality craftsmanship.

With the stand legs a bit narrower, within the outside boundaries width of the keyboard, it has that magical mathematical right measure, the golden rule, carpenters and tradesmen know about.
It looks so very good together. Balanced both ways.
That pic don’t do this duo justice, as nice as it was composed.

Ain’t nothin like the ‘Real Thing’ up close, Baby!!
Black on Black on Black. The new Motif has been Murdered Out!

Enjoy your combo, I really love mine.

Hey, Who turned out the lights??

“Don’t Turn The Lights Out Yet” ‘Stanley Clarke’

Chas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2011 @ 02:39 PM
zen archer
Total Posts:  5
Joined  02-10-2011

The LG800 looks like the perfect stand for the XS8 but the Yamaha site indicates that is has been
discontinued:

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/keyboards/accessories/kb-stands/lg-800/?mode=model

I currently use a Standtastic stand but it just takes up too much floor space in small stage areas.
Online retailers indicate that the LG800 is not in stock but on order.
I’d buy one in a minute if I could find one.

Does anyone know the real story on this stand?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2011 @ 02:31 AM
Redhotpoker
Joined  11-18-2010

Discontinued? Wow, That stand is awesome, it is a rock steady design, and has a very appealing look, with an xf 8 upon it.

By the way, OUT OF STOCK often only means:
At that location or distributor.
Not neccessarily all over the Yamaha universe.

My advice would be to call around to all the music dealers in your general areas and ask if they could check on availability there,or ordering possibilities. There are always Amazon, Ebay, Craigs List, Kijiji, more,,, & A stand is unlike elecronics gear, less to have concerns over like: If it was dropped,liquids spilled in/on, others.

Please don’t get too discouraged, at least until after you have nearly exhausted most, if not all of your options.

Chas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2011 @ 10:44 PM
zen archer
Joined  02-10-2011

I took your advice, Redhotpoker, and contacted Kraft Music (online retailer).
They have a few coming in the next week and I reserved one for myself.
But if you will notice, the Yamaha site I listed in my previous post indicates
‘DISCONTINUED’. Confusing,

On the subject of stands in general --- my first one was an Ultimate Support Systems
A frame that shook so badly when I played that I eventually chopped it up and made
some specialized stands that I still use to this day for a Mackie mixer and effects.

The Standtastic --- ROCK solid!

One thing I wanted to ask you --- will the platform extend high enough to permit
playing in a standing position? The product description seems to indicate that it
can be set to three different heights.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2011 @ 04:25 AM
Redhotpoker
Joined  11-18-2010

Yes, the LG 800 has three settings for height adjustment.
Very rarely do I, normally ever stand while I’m playing, I have set my stand at the lowest point, for my preferrence of sitting.

As I’m 5’9” and could easily play this standing up, while at the lowest height. & so my answer would have to be yes, without my even taking the board off the stand, reselect height adjustment, replace the board, check stand twice as I try it, from both other settings for you?

It would appear to be the one for you.

By the way, How Tall Are You?? Shouldn’t matter.

The low setting are actually just the correct height to sit on a piano bench to play.

Do you know the average height, of seats on a regular sized piano bench?

Chas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 27, 2011 @ 10:37 PM
zen archer
Joined  02-10-2011

My LG800 stand was delivered last week and it is absolutely perfect for the XS8.
It fits so well that you would think it was custom made for this model.
I think the platform type stand works better for larger, heavier keyboards.
The only thing that I could recommend is that Yamaha manufacture a
tier attachment for it to support an additional keyboard. But the design intent
was probably to support a single, 88-note, weighted keyboard and this
it does very well and in an aesthetically pleasing way. Also, the lack of
cross-braces allows plenty of legroom and pedal placement area.
Music stores would do well to display the XF8 on one of these.
I’m very glad I found out about this stand on the forum as I was
getting ready to settle for the Standtastic stand I’ve used for years
for other other large keyboards.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2011 @ 07:40 AM
Redhotpoker
Joined  11-18-2010
zen archer - 27 February 2011 10:37 PM

My LG800 stand was delivered last week and it is absolutely perfect for the XS8.
It fits so well that you would think it was custom made for this model.
I think the platform type stand works better for larger, heavier keyboards.
The only thing that I could recommend is that Yamaha manufacture a tier attachment for it to support an additional keyboard. But the design intent was probably to support a single, 88-note, weighted keyboard and this it does very well and in an aesthetically pleasing way.
Also, the lack of cross-braces allows plenty of legroom and pedal placement area. Music stores would do well to display the XF8 on one of these.
I’m very glad I found out about this stand on the forum as I was
getting ready to settle for the Standtastic stand I’ve used for years for other other large keyboards.

Hi Zen Archer,
Oh By The Way, that’s a great name. Although I don’t practice Zen
I do shoot Mathews Archery, if that makes any sense to you?
I enjoy a Switcback LD. Set at 70#. Easton shafts.

I’m glad to learn that you have received your LG 800 stand.
You sound very pleased, as you should be.
We could have bought a shopping cart full of Z or X stands for the price of these. But would You be as satisfied? No buts....
+ With a keyboard that weighs over 60 lbs, my feet feel safe.
Yes, the missing crossbars are an added attraction here, with plenty of leg room to move around, not get cramped under there.
Some, of the Long & McQuade Music stores in Canada, display thee Motif XF 8 upon an LG 800 stand.

Chas

[ Ignore ]