mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF Editors by John Melas are OUT!"

Page 2 of 3
Posted on: March 25, 2012 @ 04:12 PM
Hobby
Total Posts:  20
Joined  09-04-2009

Go to site: http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/bundle.php - there you can download it and test as well as buy, if you will like it. It will works with your Motif, sure.

Regards and fun!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2012 @ 04:48 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
G-XF - 25 March 2012 04:08 PM

Hello I want to test out this software and then I will buy, But for this I think needs Motif/XF version 2.0.0 ? If yes then please tell me where I can download, thanks.

You don’t need the latest OS to use the Melas software, but I would update anyway if I were you (UNLESS you will be affected by some of the wireless connectivity issues discussed in other threads).

The latest version is 1.30

Download it here:  Motif XF 1.30 Download

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2012 @ 07:50 PM
G-XF
Total Posts:  132
Joined  12-08-2007

Thanks all,
I checked the software and its working fine but now what I want is to create a voice which is Split for example left side should have string and base, mid range keys have piano and right upper keys should have el-Guitar. Please tell me how can I do this & for this I use XF Voice Editor Software?
Best Regards,
Grover.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2012 @ 01:54 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
G-XF - 25 March 2012 07:50 PM

...now what I want is to create a voice which is Split for example left side should have string and base, mid range keys have piano and right upper keys should have el-Guitar. Please tell me how can I do this & for this I use XF Voice Editor Software?

G-XF, it sounds as though you want to create a PERFORMANCE with (3) PARTS assigned to various keyboard ranges, if I am reading you correctly.  This won’t have anything to do with editing software, it is done inside the XF. 

My recommendation:  Since this is a brand new topic, and doesn’t relate to the original thread title, start a new thread.  This will allow many more members to notice and helpfully respond to your question.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2012 @ 02:45 PM
Machina
Total Posts:  63
Joined  09-13-2009

All the power to Melas, but I can’t just help but feel that Yamaha should provide these kinds of editors for FREE, bundled on a CD with the instrument. It just feels so daft to pay $135 for software to do editing on an instrument…

Yeah Yamaha provides the VST “Editor”, but you need VST/Cubase to use it, which is a bit of a downer for users of any other DAW.

It’s also ironic, that you purchase a hardware workstation to get AWAY from the computer...but still end up fiddling with the mouse in front of one if you want to create your own sounds for it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2012 @ 03:28 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
Machina - 26 March 2012 02:45 PM

It’s also ironic, that you purchase a hardware workstation to get AWAY from the computer...but still end up fiddling with the mouse in front of one if you want to create your own sounds for it.

There really isn’t much that you can do with John Melas’ software that CAN’T be done on the XF alone.  It just makes a lot of the tasks much simpler.  The point being, there is really no reason you must have these tools for full XF functionality (Although I will not give mine back!).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 05, 2012 @ 12:12 AM
piano39
Total Posts:  42
Joined  02-13-2010

I have a Motif XF6 with a 1GB Flash module installed.

I understand that I can cherry pick certain voices from various banks and create new user banks.  This would be great.

Two questions:
1) Does the Motif need to be connected to the computer to create new user banks, etc?  In other words, can I just connect the flash drive that I use for my Motif to my PC to edit/ create user banks in the Melas Librarian?

2) Would the Melas Librarian manage the flash module(s)?  I bet I’m not the only one that thinks that Yamaha should have made this more user friendly.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 05, 2012 @ 02:23 AM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
piano39 - 05 November 2012 12:12 AM

1) Does the Motif need to be connected to the computer to create new user banks, etc?  In other words, can I just connect the flash drive that I use for my Motif to my PC to edit/ create user banks in the Melas Librarian?

2) Would the Melas Librarian manage the flash module(s)?

1) The XF must be connected to the computer to use the Melas Librarian and Editors.  However, it is simpler than using the USB thumb drive back-and-forth...you connect via the “To Host” USB connection on the Motif, and directly Send and Receive information from the Melas software to the XF, and vice versa.

2) The Melas Waveform Editor is what will be used for the Sample/Waveform data.  There are no VOICES, PERFORMANCES, SONGS, PATTERNS, MIXES, etc. stored on the Flash Expansion boards.

My opinion:  Buy as much of the Melas software as you can afford...it will make life manipulating XF data so much easier!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 05, 2012 @ 02:37 AM
Joshy
Total Posts:  1823
Joined  08-05-2007

Is there still the problem from a fiew years ago of converting euros to dollars, or can I just buy them with my credit card without any problems?  Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 05, 2012 @ 02:53 AM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
Joshy - 05 November 2012 02:37 AM

Is there still the problem from a fiew years ago of converting euros to dollars, or can I just buy them with my credit card without any problems?  Thanks.

I purchased the Melas Suite with a credit card (Dollars) and it converted to a payment in Euros no problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 06, 2012 @ 12:27 AM
Joshy
Total Posts:  1823
Joined  08-05-2007
cmayhle - 05 November 2012 02:53 AM
Joshy - 05 November 2012 02:37 AM

I purchased the Melas Suite with a credit card (Dollars) and it converted to a payment in Euros no problem.

Thanks!  Glad he got that fixed!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 06, 2012 @ 01:13 PM
Mutiny in Jonestown
Total Posts:  253
Joined  02-13-2012
meatballfulton - 16 December 2010 04:56 PM

Go to the Support tab at the top of this page, pick your model and then pick Downloads to find links for the editors.

I just tried this and found no XF editors anywhere.  Am I looking in the wrong place?  Have they been moved?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 06, 2012 @ 01:37 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Mutiny in Jonestown - 06 November 2012 01:13 PM

Go to the Support tab at the top of this page, pick your model and then pick Downloads to find links for the editors.

I just tried this and found no XF editors anywhere.  Am I looking in the wrong place?  Have they been moved?

The post you quoted is almost two years old. The Motif XF Editor and Editor VST downloads can be found here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 06, 2012 @ 01:45 PM
Mutiny in Jonestown
Total Posts:  253
Joined  02-13-2012
5pinDIN - 06 November 2012 01:37 PM
Mutiny in Jonestown - 06 November 2012 01:13 PM

The post you quoted is almost two years old. The Motif XF Editor and Editor VST downloads can be found here.

Thanks 5PinDIN :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 08, 2012 @ 06:46 PM
zippydog
Total Posts:  153
Joined  04-01-2011

I LOVE the Melas editors...now we need these as iPad apps....John?  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 3

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Import Songs from Cubase into the XF
Next Topic:

LG 800 Stand ››