mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF Editors by John Melas are OUT!"

Page 1 of 3
Posted on: October 05, 2010 @ 10:37 PM
californiamusic
Total Posts:  125
Joined  08-10-2003

Check out these very handy editors for the XF.  I’ve used them with the XS, and ES and always am pleased with the ease of use!

CM

http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/products.php

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 06, 2010 @ 05:41 AM
SuperM.A.N.
Total Posts:  106
Joined  09-04-2010

Hi CM! Being a newb with the Motif Family line, and awaiting the arrival of my very own, can you please explain what these “editors” are for, and how are they useful? =D Thanks!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 06, 2010 @ 08:04 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Yamaha provides two free software editors for all Motif models, a Voice Editor and a Multi Editor. John added features not present in the Yamaha editors and then created editors for Performances and Masters as well. They are integrated so you can easily move data between them.

Motifs are fully programmable without any editors (except the XS Rack) but editors make it easy to back up your sounds and create new user banks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 06, 2010 @ 12:35 PM
Jive Talking Robot
Total Posts:  201
Joined  08-23-2010

Bought the full bundle (with Waveform Editor) last night - can’t wait to dive in.  I bought several sound banks that I plan on cherry picking / merging with some of the free XSpand Your World content.  The demos proved how easy this was to do… I was sold in about 15 minutes of fooling around with them. 

Good luck on the release John!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 06, 2010 @ 12:55 PM
tuquoque
Total Posts:  563
Joined  08-15-2007

If I understand right, the upgrade to XF version is free for the owners of the XS version?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 06, 2010 @ 05:11 PM
John Melas
Total Posts:  271
Joined  10-31-2002

Thank you Glenn for the annnouncement!

Yesterday all my appliciations were updated (both ES and XS series)
and I’ve released the Motif XF version of the XS Tools.

Also the Waveform Editor was updated to support the Motif XF.

http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/index.php

Tuquoque the Waveform Editor update is free for registered users.
The XS Tools are sold separately for each model but I always offer
discounts to Complete Pack users who are switching to a new Motif model.

If there is a popular request I will add this option officially to
my site.

Thank you all for your nice words!
John

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 06, 2010 @ 11:09 PM
JCT
Total Posts:  91
Joined  07-04-2009
Michael.Angelo - 06 October 2010 05:41 AM

Hi CM! Being a newb with the Motif Family line, and awaiting the arrival of my very own, can you please explain what these “editors” are for, and how are they useful? =D Thanks!!!

I have used Johns editors on my 2 XS and just bought it for the XF when it came out.  I have used the Yamaha stuff, but JMs stuff is FAR easier to use.  He is also vey responsive via email if you need help.  Kudos to him.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 07, 2010 @ 01:41 PM
bsmart
Total Posts:  225
Joined  01-12-2005

For blind Motif owners, Johns are the only editors that work with our screen readers. The Yamaha stuff is too graphical, and uses non-standard Windows controls. I’m really glad that he continues to update these!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 16, 2010 @ 02:30 PM
fbarbin
Total Posts:  95
Joined  12-05-2009
meatballfulton - 06 October 2010 08:04 AM

Yamaha provides two free software editors for all Motif models, a Voice Editor and a Multi Editor. John added features not present in the Yamaha editors and then created editors for Performances and Masters as well. They are integrated so you can easily move data between them.

Motifs are fully programmable without any editors (except the XS Rack) but editors make it easy to back up your sounds and create new user banks.

Where are these Yamaha editors located?
thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 16, 2010 @ 04:56 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Go to the Support tab at the top of this page, pick your model and then pick Downloads to find links for the editors.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2012 @ 04:21 PM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010

John Melas XS/XF Tools Complete Pack has been updated to version 2.0.0 with some major enhancements:

What’s new in version 2.0.0

All Editors: Added Scalable UI: you can resize all Editor windows by selecting smaller or larger fonts!

All Editors: Added Phrase Recorder: you can record a phrase and listen to it looping while you are editing your patches.

The recorded phrase syncs to the patch’s tempo so it can also be used with the Arpeggiator on!

All Editors: Added reading of User Arpeggio Names and User Waveform Names from the synth!

Mix Editor can convert different XS series models Mixes and the User Voices they use!

Several fixes and enhancements.

http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/bundle.php

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2012 @ 04:55 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Deleted

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2012 @ 04:59 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
VikasSharma - 24 March 2012 04:21 PM

John Melas XS/XF Tools Complete Pack has been updated to version 2.0.0 with some major enhancements

That’s great news VikasSharma.  Do you happen have an update link and/or the update procedure?  I am sure John Melas will send it out to me shortly, but I am being impatient!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2012 @ 05:13 PM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010
cmayhle - 24 March 2012 04:59 PM

Do you happen have an update link and/or the update procedure?

Just download the software from the following webpage and install it all over again. There’s no need to uninstall the previous version.

http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/bundle.php

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2012 @ 07:19 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011

Thanks for that info!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2012 @ 04:08 PM
G-XF
Total Posts:  132
Joined  12-08-2007

Hello I want to test out this software and then I will buy, But for this I think needs Motif/XF version 2.0.0 ? If yes then please tell me where I can download, thanks. 

Now I have Motif/XF version 1.12.0

Best Regards,
Grover.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 3

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Import Songs from Cubase into the XF
Next Topic:

LG 800 Stand ››