mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "here is why motif XS and XF are not road ready…"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: September 22, 2010 @ 06:36 PM
delirium
Total Posts:  2441
Joined  11-16-2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkwcg1M1ozk

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 22, 2010 @ 06:53 PM
ahutnick
Total Posts:  158
Joined  11-20-2005

Any keyboard can be wrecked by being dropped. Having said that the thing is that neither the Motif XS or XF 8 should be carried by one person unless they’re really strong and don’t mind ending up with a bad back. In the future IMHO Yamaha should try to trim down the bulk and weight of their 88 Key Motif models. Kurzweil was able to do that.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 22, 2010 @ 07:14 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

“here is why motif XS and XF are not road ready…”

This has to be right up there as the single most assisine statement I’ve ever seen on this forum.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 22, 2010 @ 07:26 PM
JimH
Total Posts:  51
Joined  11-21-2005

Looks like someone backed a truck over it.

I guess by “not road ready” you mean “not able to be treated like a piece of the road”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 22, 2010 @ 07:59 PM
Venatt
Total Posts:  744
Joined  07-11-2004

I always ask somebody to help set up my XS7 at the stand or to put it in its case. I NEVER EVER NEVER EVER do it by my self. To try carrying an XS8 by your self is the most stupid thing you can attemp to do. I don’t think that motif can be fix at all, and I don’t want to imagine what it cost you in Argentina.

Yo siempre pido ayuda a uno de mis compañeros de grupo para poner mi XS7 en el stand or para guardarlo en su estuche. Yo JAMAS DE LOS JAMASES lo hago solo y te estoy hablando del XS7, ahora imaginate tratar de cargar el XS8 tu solo, con todo respeto pero es la peor pendejada que puedes, allí está el resultado. Esa madre ya no tiene arreglo, y no quiero imaginar lo que pagastes por el allá en Argentina.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 22, 2010 @ 08:04 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

What are you ten or something? I put my XS into an SKB road case and carry it myself all the time.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 22, 2010 @ 08:13 PM
Venatt
Joined  07-11-2004

ha ha ha, no, I’m not ten, I carry it by my self in my gator semihard case with wheels, I put it in my suv and drive to the rehearsel place. I ask for help when putting it in the stand and when putting it back in the case. Most of it it’s because I have a back problem but at the same time I try avoiding a disaster like the one above.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 22, 2010 @ 09:04 PM
bsmart
Total Posts:  225
Joined  01-12-2005

In your “Gator” case? Huge LOL!

Gator is what you put gear in when you want to sort of protect it, you’re on a budget, and you don’t worry too much about it getting banged up, as long as it isn’t totally destroyed, immediately. It’s basically fabrick covered padding with some inserts and supports.

If you have a $500 performance keyboard, buying a $300 hard case doesn’t make sense. You don’t trust $3,000+ pieces of important equipment to soft and semi-soft cases, though. You absolutely don’t trust anything with significant mass to those cases. I don’t care what the Gator people say. You just let the airlines take your checked XF in a Gator case, and I’m sure that they’ll be real gentle with it as they throw other bags and crap on top of it at high speed in an effort to load the jet in order to make departure time. Or you let your XF drop off a stand, or fall over in a Gator case, and you’ll have at least a broken knob or fader, if you’re lucky.

You need a hard case with interior foam that matches the XF so that it will not slide or shift. The XF is built well. It will stand the shock of impact, but the keys, controls, etc won’t. In a soft case, those will end up getting damaged. In a soft case, the XF will probably not survive a fall without something getting screwed up.

I mean, you can risk it if you want, but it’s your money and your irresponsibility, not the build quality of the XF. Go get a Korg M3. It’s mostly plastic. *laugh*

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 22, 2010 @ 09:36 PM
Venatt
Joined  07-11-2004

fyi I also have a hard case and its a Gator. The thing is that I don’t go on the road with my XS7, at least not yet, so the airplane thing is not on not part of my music life. When the time comes if it comes then I’ll do what’s necesary for the situation.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 23, 2010 @ 08:28 AM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004
venattboy - 22 September 2010 08:13 PM

ha ha ha, no, I’m not ten, I carry it by my self in my gator semihard case with wheels, I put it in my suv and drive to the rehearsel place. I ask for help when putting it in the stand and when putting it back in the case. Most of it it’s because I have a back problem but at the same time I try avoiding a disaster like the one above.

Seriously, I understand back problems. And, I’m not saying to XS8 isn’t heavy, I’ve just never had a problem with it and thankfully, years ago, when I was doing a lot of pysical labor an older guy took the time to show me how to lift properly and I didn’t ignore him like many of my cowrokers did…

Back issues are no joke… :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 23, 2010 @ 09:15 AM
delirium
Joined  11-16-2006
motif8mine - 23 September 2010 08:28 AM

back is overrated, look at earthworms - they do just fine without a back…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 23, 2010 @ 10:16 AM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

What synthesizers are being played by earthworms?

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 23, 2010 @ 10:46 AM
jan bruijn
Total Posts:  4952
Joined  04-30-2005

JOOP.

XF maybe?

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 23, 2010 @ 10:50 AM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

You are just watching the Disney channel too often ....

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 23, 2010 @ 11:05 AM
delirium
Joined  11-16-2006
sciuriware - 23 September 2010 10:16 AM

What synthesizers are being played by earthworms?

;JOOP!

they’re using analog synths exclusively. Analogs are very light because there is no rom inside for bull$it…
Yamaha lost customers here in earth…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 23, 2010 @ 11:57 AM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

Seriously, I understand back problems. And, I’m not saying to XS8 isn’t heavy, I’ve just never had a problem with it and thankfully, years ago, when I was doing a lot of pysical labor an older guy took the time to show me how to lift properly and I didn’t ignore him like many of my cowrokers did…

As a “younger man”, I used to carry around Rhodes Stage models. With the legs in the case I think it was around 100+Lbs. So much for my back.

I don’t know if the ES8 is as heavy as the XS or XF, but, with a brain, you must consider the case and the stand you put it on. If you lift it at any point, and you don’t have a friend, you had better,as we see in the video, make sure you have a grip on it. It looks like he lost the control and dropped it directly on the left corner from a significant height.

These are consequences. Pure and simple. “He” screwed up.

Imagine how heavy the XS or XF would have to be to avoid damages from dropping it?
Just a thought....

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Drum mix voices?
Next Topic:

Motif XS8 (Second Impresion) ››