mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Shall I change from my Fantom G6 to the XF6?"

Posted on: September 17, 2010 @ 05:06 PM
natasha
Total Posts:  2
Joined  09-16-2010

Hi all

Perhaps some of you Motifators can be of help:

1. Can I import my AKAI format samples into the XF easily?
2. How easy are patch changes?
3. If i have some drum loops in .wav format, can i use them for live performances instead of tagging my macbook everywhere which has Ableton Live 8?
4. Is there a good articulated brass collection eg Alto Sax/Mute Trumpets as I currently use an ARX-03 brass board on my G6?

Please let me know whether this is a good workstation as I’m going to the USA soon and will bring one back here as they’re not yet being sold in London.

Thanks.

Tash.
x

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 17, 2010 @ 06:40 PM
delirium
Total Posts:  2441
Joined  11-16-2006

wait for new fantom GF, it’s gonna be huge…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 17, 2010 @ 07:39 PM
youdog
Total Posts:  482
Joined  01-31-2009
natasha - 17 September 2010 05:06 PM

Hi all

3. If i have some drum loops in .wav format, can i use them for live performances instead of tagging my macbook everywhere which has Ableton Live 8?
4. Is there a good articulated brass collection eg Alto Sax/Mute Trumpets as I currently use an ARX-03 brass board on my G6?

Please let me know whether this is a good workstation as I’m going to the USA soon and will bring one back here as they’re not yet being sold in London.

Thanks.

Tash.
x

your ? shall you change from G6 to XF6. i don’t know what you need to buy. To me the XF6 is much better than a G6 but if you liked the G6 over XS6 then will you like the G6 over the XF6.

1. NO
2. very easy
3. yes
4. yes and cost less check out the shop

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 17, 2010 @ 09:24 PM
Astral
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  01-26-2007

Natasha, I own G6 and XS 8. Do not switch between keyboards- it never worth it. Save some money, and when you can, buy 2nd board. Motif sounds beautiful, but it is not Fantom and never will be. It makes sense to have both boards.

It is not easy to change patches- nothing like Favorits on Fanton and no pads. If you using favorits and pads, you will miss them.

I would not use any drum loops from Motif. I guess it depends on how you arrange everything, and I am not familiar with FX, but it helps to have computer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 17, 2010 @ 10:04 PM
Bboy On N On
Total Posts:  288
Joined  02-05-2008

hey natasha ...just a thought, suggestion , check out the maschine from native instruments ... i think you want a drum machine to do drum machine stuff like play akai samples and play drum loops and fills… the keyboard is like a sexy woman , you wanna play with her , run your fingers up and down her softly maybe work it up to a little harder but you dont wanna jackhammer her keys to play drums ... the boom boom boom bap is not sexy ... but you can do it however you want ... wink wink

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 18, 2010 @ 12:03 AM
chilly
Total Posts:  738
Joined  05-05-2008
natasha - 17 September 2010 05:06 PM

Hi all

Thanks.

Tash.
x

If ur number one priority is not a good look and a big shiny collor screen, but at first you need a outstanding sound quality and also huge synth possibilities my advice is get kurzwei pc3k8....

While pc3 sounds realy good no synth from Rland, Korg and Yamaha can much VAST arhitecture....

pc3 also has independetly electric organ emulation and also Virtual Analog engine......

my 2 sents....

p.s. i used to have Yamaha Motif Xs and i have excanget it to kurzweil pc3 and i cannot be more happy, it sound realy good and it VAST possibilities a huge.....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 18, 2010 @ 08:34 AM
Mystic38
Total Posts:  79
Joined  09-04-2010

Natasha,

There is no workstation that has the best of everything.. its all about compromise… and personally i would think that if you cannot play effectively live on the fantom G then I would doubt that the motif will fix your concerns.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 18, 2010 @ 06:14 PM
natasha
Total Posts:  2
Joined  09-16-2010

yeah right, Fantom GF !!!

Thanks Astral, i think your answer was the most honest out of all the others… xxx

Bboy, i don’t play drums on my synth, just trigger wav loops.

Chilly, i don’t like kurzwel.

my main patches would be ethnic instrument samples which i spent ages recording on my Asia tour.

i use ethnic drum loops sometimes when i need to using Live 8, but it’s all a hassle and i can’t shop if i’m carrying all the laptop bits, etc when on overseas tours !

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Get a Motif XF or a Tyros 4?
Next Topic:

Just tried the new XF ››