mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How are the sounds compared to XS? Format?"

Posted on: September 16, 2010 @ 11:57 PM
Astral
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  01-26-2007

How are the sounds compared to XS? Format?

Hello everyone, Vlada Astral is here. For those that remember me- sorry I was not around for a while. Today I discovered that FX was released and it is shocking. I knew it will happen one day… but was not fully prepared for it. Lol

My question is: how are the sounds of XF? I am an owner of XS 8 with many expansion libraries, wondering is there anything for me in FX to justify the purchase in a bad economy. It says- twice more sounds than XS- is it really twice more? Are they all new sounds? What % of XS sounds is on FX?

Also- is the format the same? Will my sound libraries from Motifmart that was made for XS work on XF?

Do I hear it right- performances are 4 parts? Isn’t 8 parts on XS? What about sounds? Are they using 8 waveforms maximum?

Thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 17, 2010 @ 02:52 AM
nchrist
Total Posts:  457
Joined  07-10-2009
Astral - 16 September 2010 11:57 PM

How are the sounds compared to XS? Format?

Hello everyone, Vlada Astral is here. For those that remember me- sorry I was not around for a while. Today I discovered that FX was released and it is shocking. I knew it will happen one day… but was not fully prepared for it. Lol

My question is: how are the sounds of XF? I am an owner of XS 8 with many expansion libraries, wondering is there anything for me in FX to justify the purchase in a bad economy. It says- twice more sounds than XS- is it really twice more? Are they all new sounds? What % of XS sounds is on FX?

Also- is the format the same? Will my sound libraries from Motifmart that was made for XS work on XF?

Do I hear it right- performances are 4 parts? Isn’t 8 parts on XS? What about sounds? Are they using 8 waveforms maximum?

Thank you.

Aren’t you the person with a kazillion high-end keyboards? :)

I tried the XF at GC and found that I don’t really need to upgrade from XS to XF (for the money). XS has a lot on its own, and I hope that Yamaha continues to support it.

XF has a slightly cleaner sound, but its workable on the XS with the eq and effects.

AFAIK, the wave rom is now double, so there will be some unique sounds and the flash is good for those who don’t want to wait for 5 min to load the samples into RAM...which I perosnally don’t mind...because I turn the keyboard on when I wake up and leave it on until I hit the sack.

XF performances are same as XS: 4 parts (4 voices split/layered each with its own settings).

I heard XS sounds can be used in XF but XF can’t be used in XS (obviously)…

If you have a lot of money, go for it...If you are transitioning from a classic/ES, go for it...otherwise I don’t think it is really necessary.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 17, 2010 @ 08:32 AM
Astral
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  01-26-2007

Thjank you for reply. Yes, I am the girl with lots of keyboards. I have V-Synth GT standing above XS- having black XF would be awesome, but- no- I do not have lots of money. I guess I have to wait for the module version. Thanks.

[ Ignore ]