mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF Software"

Posted on: September 14, 2010 @ 05:04 PM
adn
Total Posts:  8
Joined  09-14-2010

Hi,
I just got my XF8, and I have installed the latest software via yamahsynth.com on OSX 10.6. I am a new Motif user, and frankly the software is terrible. Trying to open the VST editor crashes the included cubase immediately when I try to open the editor. The motif is recognized via USB (I don’t have FW), as I can see the Motif listed when I click “VST instrument”, and a few other places.

Is there any way to use these advertised features via Logic? I have looked for tutorials on this and I can’t find anything xf specific.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2010 @ 07:50 PM
SirJoseph
Total Posts:  199
Joined  03-06-2008

You SHOULD be able to follow anything about the XS and Logic as the XF is essentially the same board with FEW added/subtracted features. The GUI is SLIGHTLY changed among a few other things. Should be the same if im not mistaken.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2010 @ 11:25 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

The FW16E is required for the VST to function. The Motif Series does not transfer audio via USB

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2010 @ 12:24 AM
adn
Total Posts:  8
Joined  09-14-2010

Thanks for the replies. I thought you could edit the vsts via the usb interface.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2010 @ 12:44 AM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

There are a couple of issues here.  Logic is not a VST3 compatible host so the current VST 3 editor will not work correctly in Logic.  It is not compatible so it will not run reliably at all.

We will soon be releasing a stand alone non VST version of editor.  This will be available in the near future.

We have also asked Japan to look at modifying the current VST editor using the very new SDK from Steinberg which allows both a VST 2 and an AU wrapper for VST3 applications. We have’t received a definite answer yet, but will keep everyone updated when we get more information.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2010 @ 01:37 AM
johnb787
Total Posts:  169
Joined  01-07-2010

Yes We are making progress

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Yo man - I’m into Mo phatt bro - yo yo
Next Topic:

Divide drumtrack tool ››