mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Queston about XF Voice Libraries Now In Mo-Shop…"

Posted on: September 14, 2010 @ 01:09 PM
Jive Talking Robot
Total Posts:  201
Joined  08-23-2010

A question for either Keyfax and/or the sound designers/developers:

I noticed the XF Voice Library category @ the Mo Shop has been populated with several voice libraries: http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/voice-libraries/motif-xf.html

Is it that these libraries have simply been “OKed” for use with the XF, or is there something new/XF specific about them?  Right now the branding/verbiage on all but the Mo’ Phatt still refer back to the XS (though I assume that will be updated).

Thanks for clarifying!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2010 @ 02:15 PM
tuquoque
Total Posts:  563
Joined  08-15-2007

It seems most of them (except MOPhat) are using just factory waveforms and therefore are compatible with XF. Most of the samplevoice banks are also compatible out of the box but some XS banks include too big waveforms for XF’s tiny amount of sample RAM.

I would like to hear how many programmers are willing to give XS users a free or cheap upgrade path to XF version if upgrade only means splitting the waveforms to smaller pieces to fit the smaller amount of sample RAM in XF. Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2010 @ 02:52 PM
planetrokka
Total Posts:  72
Joined  03-31-2008

Hi there I´m from Germany. Can I purchase the XF & XS Voice Library @ the Mo Shop via download?

thanks & Peace

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2010 @ 02:57 PM
admin
Total Posts:  9578
Joined  12-09-2008

Absolutely.  You can order Voices 24x7 from anywhere in the world.

We will be adding more to the XF category as well.

Thanks,
KF

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2010 @ 03:19 PM
Jive Talking Robot
Joined  08-23-2010

KF,

Are the XF libraries “XFized” in any way, or simply XS libraries approved for use on the XF?

Thx.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2010 @ 11:17 PM
worknman
Total Posts:  128
Joined  08-19-2010

I have the two XS 80’s pop/rock libraries for my XF, and they seem to work fine. I haven’t figured out how to get them both loaded at the same time (they use different user banks), but I’m still brand new at the XF and have spent all my free time playing it, so haven’t learned much about it yet :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2010 @ 12:34 AM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

On the XF there is new feature that let’s you select a User bank from a file and also select the bank where you want to load it.

The same functionality is available on the XS by scrolling all the way to end in load one Voice and after 128 there is All. Selecting All loads all the voices in the source bank.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2010 @ 12:57 PM
Jive Talking Robot
Joined  08-23-2010
worknman - 14 September 2010 11:17 PM

I have the two XS 80’s pop/rock libraries for my XF, and they seem to work fine.

I believe the 80s libraries use the on board WAVEROMS, so my plan was to get them to deconstruct them and understand programming on the Motif better.  The Motif can be a monster (I think having 8 elements is like having 8 mini synths in one voice), but a lot of those synth voices should likely only contain one or two elements (i.e. the sampled synth wave acts like an oscillator for each element) so they should be easy to work with.  Seeing what they did to convert onboard stock Motif synth sounds to synths sounds I know quite well will be a good lesson.

IMO the Motif filters are very impressive.  I had a chance to spend some time with them on the XF @ GC, and I was really blown away (I have a Nord Lead 3 currently by way of comparison).  And the fact you can assign different filters to different elements can really yield some cool results.  I think they did a good job with this piece of the synth, but it doesn’t seem to get as much ink as the other features (likely not many people care!).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2010 @ 11:06 PM
worknman
Total Posts:  128
Joined  08-19-2010
Jive Talking Robot - 15 September 2010 12:57 PM

I think they did a good job with this piece of the synth, but it doesn’t seem to get as much ink as the other features (likely not many people care!).

Yeah, me included :)For me, it’s faster and much more convenient to pay somebody else to do the programming, as I have little to no interest in doing it myself.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2010 @ 11:56 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

The first of the “XF-ized” DCP libraries, Mo Skool 2 version 2, will be
delivered to Keyfax at the end of this month and should be posted soon
thereafter. Following that, every existing XS DCP library will be “XF-ized” as soon as possible. Some new DCP libraries are also in the
works.

This doesn’t mean the current XS versions of DCP products can’t be loaded
into the XF - they can. However, in order to load the libraries that are
larger than 128MB, you will need flash installed in your XF. Our plan is
to split the larger DCP libraries into smaller packets, each at under 128 MB, so that you can load them either into RAM (in sections, of course), or
straight to flash. The flash file and separate packets will be included
in the same single download.

Between the time I went to work for Michael Jackson (in March of 2009)
and now there have been many diversions and other projects that came up,
and I am just now seeing availability of time to complete these XF conversions and work on the new libraries.

Regarding the other developers, bear in mind that some of them do not yet
have an XF to work on. Programming libraries takes a great deal of time,
and while the work is being done we programmers aren’t being paid for it,
the payment comes after the libraries are posted and start selling. So
sometimes work on libraries has to be interrupted while we do other work
to pay the bills.

All this said, yes, there are new sound libraries coming.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 16, 2010 @ 12:35 AM
Jive Talking Robot
Joined  08-23-2010
DavePolich - 15 September 2010 11:56 PM

Following that, every existing XS DCP library will be “XF-ized” as soon as possible. Some new DCP libraries are also in the
works.

That is great news… thanks for the update. I will check the store from time to time to see what has been XFized.  I ordered my XF6 today and a 1GB Flash module to go with it, so I can’t wait to fill it up!

[ Ignore ]