mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How Long Before an XF Rack"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: September 12, 2010 @ 06:48 PM
GospelMusicians
Total Posts:  336
Joined  08-26-2010

How long do you think it’ll be before we wait for an XF Rack?

I realize, that is what I really want as I already have an ES and don’t need all the sequencer stuff. All I need are the sounds and the FLASH!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 12, 2010 @ 08:36 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

But the racks to date have never had sampling capability. It’ll be interesting to see what they do. Anyway, I think the racks have typically followed about 18 months after the release of the workstations…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 12, 2010 @ 11:46 PM
GospelMusicians
Joined  08-26-2010
motif8mine - 12 September 2010 08:36 PM

But the racks to date have never had sampling capability. It’ll be interesting to see what they do. Anyway, I think the racks have typically followed about 18 months after the release of the workstations…

I wouldn’t need the sampling capablilities, because to be honest everyone uses a computer to do that anyway. I just need a way to get the samples into the machine with the Flash. I don’t need sampling, or a sequencer. Just give me the sounds! They have a virtual editor already out for samples. Just use that and load them in.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2010 @ 12:04 AM
jxsbebop
Total Posts:  191
Joined  08-06-2010

GospelMusicians, so you’re saying all you would need is sample playback via flash, right?  That would be interesting.  That would be very awesome if they did that.  Imagine if hey gave us 4 GB of flash memory and more user banks.  I wonder if we would hit a waveform limit if we had 4 GB of flash memory.

This would be pretty awesome because this would rival 32 bit computer systems.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2010 @ 12:14 AM
GospelMusicians
Joined  08-26-2010
jxsbebop - 13 September 2010 12:04 AM

GospelMusicians, so you’re saying all you would need is sample playback via flash, right?  That would be interesting.  That would be very awesome if they did that.  Imagine if hey gave us 4 GB of flash memory and more user banks.  I wonder if we would hit a waveform limit if we had 4 GB of flash memory.

Yea, I just need a super rompler on steroids!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2010 @ 12:23 AM
jxsbebop
Total Posts:  191
Joined  08-06-2010

Yes, this would be crazy because it would rival 32 bit computer systems in the amount of memory (granted that the Motif keyboard is stifled by a 32 bit architecture as well...lol...) and the load times…

Chances are though...I don’t see how a sound module can handle more memory than a 32 bit OS....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2010 @ 04:01 AM
Apex
Total Posts:  683
Joined  10-21-2005
GospelMusicians - 13 September 2010 12:14 AM

GospelMusicians… I take it that you play in church (by your name) and that you play Gospel music. 

I’m honestly asking this question… just because I’m curious.  I am a minister of music for a church and mainly do all ALL my playing in a church setting. 

The question:

What on Earth do you need all the sounds that you speak about in all your post?  To the extent that you’d need all that flash memory in a Rack module.

I’m just asking (not attacking)… extremely curious though.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2010 @ 08:48 AM
GospelMusicians
Joined  08-26-2010
Apex - 13 September 2010 04:01 AM
GospelMusicians - 13 September 2010 12:14 AM

GospelMusicians… I take it that you play in church (by your name) and that you play Gospel music. 

I’m honestly asking this question… just because I’m curious.  I am a minister of music for a church and mainly do all ALL my playing in a church setting. 

The question:

What on Earth do you need all the sounds that you speak about in all your post?  To the extent that you’d need all that flash memory in a Rack module.

I’m just asking (not attacking)… extremely curious though.

Go to my YouTube page and browse a little bit and I think it will be self explanatory: http://YouTube.com/GospelMusicians

I am the president and founder of GospelMusicians.com and I do tons of layering and sampling to get the perfect sound on Sunday.

I just did a video of ny Setup and you will see what I’m rolling with.

ps I’m not offended at your question.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2010 @ 08:54 AM
GospelMusicians
Joined  08-26-2010

Check out these two videos:

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-HCyA-fDss&sns=em

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJPC-vACKPE&sns=em

The way I’m rolling on Sundays and the rest of my career, I need all the sounds I can get!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2010 @ 10:35 AM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004
GospelMusicians - 12 September 2010 11:46 PM

I wouldn’t need the sampling capablilities… I just need a way to get the samples into the machine with the Flash. I don’t need sampling, or a sequencer. Just give me the sounds!

That would be an interesting development but I believe their thinking is that the Flash Rom supports the sampling function… Adding memory capability to the Rack Series would be a bold step… And it’s hard to imagine a sell of any RACK XF without a significant difference between it and the RACK XS.

As it stands now, I’m trying to justify any step up from my XS8 to the XF8 but I’d have the following gains losses:

1) Gain Flash (great: I’ve had power go out during our services more than once and it kills the flow waiting on 500mb of samples to load)

2) Lose $800 retail- the outlay to purchase the flash…

3) Gain 1 Extra User bank

4) Lose mLAN. I don’t see spending $300 extra for the FW16E when the XS8 came with it…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2010 @ 11:21 AM
GospelMusicians
Joined  08-26-2010
motif8mine - 13 September 2010 10:35 AM
GospelMusicians - 12 September 2010 11:46 PM

I wouldn’t need the sampling capablilities… I just need a way to get the samples into the machine with the Flash. I don’t need sampling, or a sequencer. Just give me the sounds!

That would be an interesting development but I believe their thinking is that the Flash Rom supports the sampling function… Adding memory capability to the Rack Series would be a bold step… And it’s hard to imagine a sell of any RACK XF without a significant difference between it and the RACK XS.

As it stands now, I’m trying to justify any step up from my XS8 to the XF8 but I’d have the following gains losses:

1) Gain Flash (great: I’ve had power go out during our services more than once and it kills the flow waiting on 500mb of samples to load)

2) Lose $800 retail- the outlay to purchase the flash…

3) Gain 1 Extra User bank

4) Lose mLAN. I don’t see spending $300 extra for the FW16E when the XS8 came with it…

What are you using your Mlan Card for primarily?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2010 @ 11:50 AM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Multi-track recording of the XS8 into Logic: audio and MIDI. Streaming Logic’s output through the XS during our service’s and combining it with the XS output, with either pre-recorded background vocals, software instruments, Symphonic Instrument, Trilian, Scarbee Jay-Bass, etc…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2010 @ 11:53 AM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

I forgot, every now and then I record MIDI arps from the XS into Logic and edit them to fit the songs I am writing or playing. I don’t have the advantage of a live drummer. But, more recently I’m using Pro Tools and their Air Instrument STRIKE for that purpose…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2010 @ 04:58 PM
GospelMusicians
Joined  08-26-2010
motif8mine - 13 September 2010 11:50 AM

Multi-track recording of the XS8 into Logic: audio and MIDI. Streaming Logic’s output through the XS during our service’s and combining it with the XS output, with either pre-recorded background vocals, software instruments, Symphonic Instrument, Trilian, Scarbee Jay-Bass, etc…

Dude we need to talk. Your the first gospel cat I know to use all of the technology. I, too, am running tracks from Logic and using Mainstage to Layer sounds with my ES8 as well as playing backing tracks.

Why would you need to run Logic back through tour XS live?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2010 @ 05:00 PM
GospelMusicians
Joined  08-26-2010
motif8mine - 13 September 2010 11:53 AM

I forgot, every now and then I record MIDI arps from the XS into Logic and edit them to fit the songs I am writing or playing. I don’t have the advantage of a live drummer. But, more recently I’m using Pro Tools and their Air Instrument STRIKE for that purpose…

BTW: I have Trillian, Scarbee Black Bass, Scarbee Rhodes, All iKMultimedia stuff too

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2010 @ 06:03 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Dude we need to talk. Your the first gospel cat I know to use all of the technology. I, too, am running tracks from Logic and using Mainstage to Layer sounds with my ES8 as well as playing backing tracks.

Why would you need to run Logic back through tour XS live?

Partly for the same reason you mentioned in a video I saw: running stems back through with the added flexibility of mixing them individually in Logic. So, I can still control the individual parts volumes, effects, eq, etc…

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Transfer of work from xf to xs
Next Topic:

Loading the new XF Arp’s ››