mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PLS HELP!!! No USB ports after installing Studio manager !"

Posted on: September 10, 2010 @ 07:00 PM
ramon27
Total Posts:  2
Joined  09-10-2010

Hi guys,

I hope you will help me, cause Im really lost now. Just Bought MOTIF RACK, installed new driver from YAMAHA site /WIN XP/, installed Studio manager, voice and multi editor ans when I wanted to configure the MIDI PORTS, there are NONE....no YAMAHA ports are available to select in standalone app. Simply can not start to comunicate with RACK cause have no PORTS there. I had RACK ES before and dont remember having problems like this. I had 8 YAMAHA ports there straight away, but with MOTIF RACK nothing. I was using desktop PC before and now Im installing into notebook, maybe USB ports are different or what,...I am really stacked here. Disconnected all USB devices and tryed all 3 USB ports and still the same results.....PLEASE HELP...Really need to edit voices in PC....thank you so much for help, hope someone still reads this thread........

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 12, 2010 @ 02:52 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

It is impossible to help you from the information provided - we do trust that you downloaded everything you think you need, but at this point only you know what that is.

We, on the other hand, have no idea, other than what type of computer you are using (Win XP), whether what you downloaded goes with that particular computer. We simply have that you are seeing no USB ports after installing Studio Manager.

If your question is does the Motif-Rack Editor work, the answer is: usually yes.
If you want help please provide details - it makes for a good checklist - which is what troubleshooting is all about.

So listing the versions may seem silly to you, and it is much easier to say “I got the latest.” But trust me ‘the latest’ does not always guarantee that you have the correct ones (32-bit or 64-bit)?. Sometimes the latest, by the date, is for some other operating system or type of computer.

We are not sure where you are located but you can always call Customer Support for help. And of course, if you’ve used this Windows XP computer for MIDI devices previously, it is possible that you exceeded the limit of 10 MIDI device installation… This can prevent you from installing a new driver.

We’ll see if we can locate the article on how to edit your registry. Or you can google it yourself.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2010 @ 05:20 PM
ramon27
Total Posts:  2
Joined  09-10-2010

Bad Mister, thanks for reply. In the meantime I managed it to work. At the end I had to reinstall the system and installed the YAMAHA drivers and the Studio manager first - and it worked right away. So this might be helpful for someone who will be struggling in the same situation. Apparently the YAMAHA drivers must be installed into “clean” USB port, where nothing was installed before....

Thank you for your effort....

martin

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2010 @ 02:44 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Glad you got it to work, but that statement is not necessarily true. Every computer is slightly different, because of the things you may have on it. But nothing says you have to have ‘clean USB port’… in fact, there is no such a thing.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ volume change HELP!!!!!!
Next Topic:

Motif rack with Logic ››