mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOTIF XF accepts what compatible sounds?"

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 04:47 PM
Cedo
Total Posts:  9
Joined  03-01-2010

Hy guys, I’m wondering which older yamaha keyboards are compatable with the MOTIF XF?

1)I’m mostly wondering about myu old DX11… I want to incorporate some of the sounds I had made from there onto the MOTIF XF… Is this possible? Does it have an FM synthesis card in it or do I just go the other route and just sample all my DX11 sounds into the MOTIF XF? (Which I really don’t want to do because it will take a long time)…

2)One more question… I really like the “Electric Bass” patch on the Yamaha CP.. I think that the CP has AWM synthesis just like the Motif… Would I be able to hook up a muidi cable from the CP to the XF and be able to transfer and store that patch into the XF?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 06:33 PM
zikerstu
Total Posts:  326
Joined  08-06-2008

I’m not 100% sure but I think you can dump wave files into the XF via computer or USB. I can do that on the XS as well. Just don’t name the wave files with too many characters or it’ll get confused and jam up on ya!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 07:39 PM
synthlogic
Total Posts:  481
Joined  11-13-2008
Cedo - 08 September 2010 04:47 PM

I’m mostly wondering about my old DX11… I want to incorporate some of the sounds I had made from there onto the MOTIF XF… Is this possible? Does it have an FM synthesis card in it or do I just go the other route and just sample all my DX11 sounds into the MOTIF XF?

There is no FM synthesis card that I know about on the Motif XF. Sampling is the only (tedious) way to “transfer” your DX11 sounds into the XF.

I really like the “Electric Bass” patch on the Yamaha CP.. I think that the CP has AWM synthesis just like the Motif… Would I be able to hook up a muidi cable from the CP to the XF and be able to transfer and store that patch into the XF?

Nope...that’s not going to work.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 09:57 PM
Funkster
Total Posts:  449
Joined  07-20-2008

The motif has some DX7 and Tx7 ish presets...most of the standards as far as ice pianoish or ice mallets are there…

F

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 10:07 PM
CesarSound
Total Posts:  572
Joined  12-25-2005

Hy guys, I’m wondering which older yamaha keyboards are compatable with the MOTIF XF?

1)I’m mostly wondering about myu old DX11… I want to incorporate some of the sounds I had made from there onto the MOTIF XF… Is this possible? Does it have an FM synthesis card in it or do I just go the other route and just sample all my DX11 sounds into the MOTIF XF? (Which I really don’t want to do because it will take a long time)…

2)One more question… I really like the “Electric Bass” patch on the Yamaha CP.. I think that the CP has AWM synthesis just like the Motif… Would I be able to hook up a muidi cable from the CP to the XF and be able to transfer and store that patch into the XF?

Thanks

You may download for free my DX7 FM library here:

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/446578/

It is ready to load on XS or XF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 10:09 PM
Funkster
Joined  07-20-2008

That’s great.... is there a list of all the user created samples out there? It’s hard to find them.

I stumbled across someones Rhodes samps that they had posted here and now use that as my primary rhodes…

It’s hard to search the forums for that though would be nice to consolidate that in one area.

F

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 10:09 PM
Jive Talking Robot
Total Posts:  201
Joined  08-23-2010

Check out the MOTIF XS / XF FM Xpanded - Vol. 1 from Easy Sounds.  You should e-mail Peter to see what Vol. 2 will bring.  Vol 1 has a lot of EPs, but they sure sound nice…

Option 2 is to control the TX from the XF and run the audio outs of the TX in to your XF (you can use the XF like a digital mixer in this regard).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 10:12 PM
Jive Talking Robot
Joined  08-23-2010
Funkster - 08 September 2010 10:09 PM

That’s great.... is there a list of all the user created samples out there? It’s hard to find them.
F

The Sonik Matter site for Kurz is great for this sort of thing… Motifator could benifit from a dedicated area to host thing like user voices / samples / remote & soft synth templates / etc.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 10:17 PM
Funkster
Joined  07-20-2008

Cool I’ll check out sonikmatter.....but I have no real way to get sounds into my kurz these days since I dont ahve a floppy or scsi computer…

Have you seen any scsi->compact flash adaptors for use on kurz?

So I could put sounds on SD/CF and then load them on a scsi->sd/cf adaptor?

F

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 10:35 PM
Jive Talking Robot
Joined  08-23-2010

Here is the DL link: http://community.sonikmatter.com/forums/index.php?/files/?s=70d8cf52de88fe474429edce5da39594

I have not seen those adapters, but I bet someone over @ Sonik knows where to get them or how to get that data in your old K.  Good luck!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XS8 is at GC-El Paso TX
Next Topic:

I Just Finished Playing a Yamaha Motif XF8 ››