mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "3 new XF demo videos from Yamaha"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 02:23 AM
drpopper1
Total Posts:  57
Joined  08-22-2010

Demo 1

<object width="640" height="385"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2EGQ6puV_YA?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Demo 2

<object width="640" height="385"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G8pUiq1Twkg?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Demo 3

<object width="640" height="385"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HZMYTci5Ogw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 02:28 AM
Venatt
Total Posts:  744
Joined  07-11-2004

Sorry but I couln’t acces the links you provided.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 02:40 AM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

Just cut and paste, to begin with:

http://www.youtube.com/v/2EGQ6puV_YA?fs=1&hl=en_US

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 02:43 AM
DmitryKo
Total Posts:  1483
Joined  07-25-2002

Here are the correct URLs to YouTube videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EGQ6puV_YA&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8pUiq1Twkg&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZMYTci5Ogw&feature=player_embedded

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 03:02 AM
drpopper1
Total Posts:  57
Joined  08-22-2010

Yeah sorry they showed up fine in the preview of the post but when I posted they didn’t embed.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 05:58 AM
bsmart
Total Posts:  225
Joined  01-12-2005

Really great demos. Very focused on demonstrating the new voices and arps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 10:34 AM
Jive Talking Robot
Total Posts:  201
Joined  08-23-2010

Thanks for posting these.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 11:56 AM
nchrist
Total Posts:  457
Joined  07-10-2009

This guy is great. He doesn’t play just one style or old school styles (like Bert) but all types (old and new) to please everyone.

Many of his videos are Japanese, but I still enjoy it!

I have him favorited on Youtube!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 12:51 PM
Apex
Total Posts:  683
Joined  10-21-2005

I’m sorry guys… but I’m just not really hearing this VAST improvement in sound.  I mean it sounds like an XS (or very similar).

That double WAVE ROM must have been used completely to get that S6 piano sound in there....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 01:17 PM
alejandro
Total Posts:  162
Joined  09-26-2006
Apex - 08 September 2010 12:51 PM

I’m sorry guys… but I’m just not really hearing this VAST improvement in sound.  I mean it sounds like an XS (or very similar).

That double WAVE ROM must have been used completely to get that S6 piano sound in there....

I don’t think they put their effort only in S6 piano sound. Some new sax sounds are very good (including sax glissandos from Tyros 3), tremolo strings, and drum kits are very good aswell.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 01:18 PM
Devnor
Total Posts:  34
Joined  08-23-2010

Idiot...what did you expect to hear in a youtube encoded video?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 01:25 PM
alejandro
Total Posts:  162
Joined  09-26-2006
Devnor - 08 September 2010 01:18 PM

Even though your opinion obviously differs from Apex one, that gives you no reason to insult him.

Really getting bored of immature people over here…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 01:27 PM
Apex
Joined  10-21-2005

must people on forums always resort to name calling?  lol.  it’s hilarious…

anyway, I guess I expect the same quality that I hear when I look at the other keyboard demos that this guy has done (IN THE EXACT SAME STUDIO)

it’s not like I’m comparing this XF demo to an in person demo of the XS (not exactly), but demo of other people on the XS. 

get your post count up and then later you’ll have some credibility when you speak to me.  or any one else for that matter.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 01:29 PM
Apex
Joined  10-21-2005
alejandro - 08 September 2010 01:17 PM

I don’t think they put their effort only in S6 piano sound. Some new sax sounds are very good (including sax glissandos from Tyros 3), tremolo strings, and drum kits are very good aswell.

I’m not saying that’s where all their effort went.  I’m saying is that the main area that they used to upgrade in WAVE ROM (double that of the XS… did all of it go to the S6 piano (and like you said the sax, string sounds… (I can’t agree on the drum kits/sounds, they sound the same to me!!!)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 01:42 PM
Jive Talking Robot
Total Posts:  201
Joined  08-23-2010

Hey now… be nice.  Apex is good people and always willing to help folks around these (and other) forums.  Lord knows he has answered a million of my dumb questions.

Though I liked the sounds a lot, I was thinking the same thing as Apex… the extra WAVE ROM basically goes to the new 128 user bank, correct?  I am sure a big portion of that is the Piano (but that shouldn’t be surprising as Pianos can take up a big chunk).  Either way I think it sounds great.

As a non Motif owner I found it to be a fun demo actually - I dig watching that demo artist.  He is respectfully enthusiastic about the product and a fine player, and he looks like he is having a good time.  That dude could demo a pocket calculator and I would love it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 01:48 PM
Apex
Joined  10-21-2005
Jive Talking Robot - 08 September 2010 01:42 PM

Hey now… be nice.  Apex is good people and always willing to help folks around these (and other) forums.  Lord knows he has answered a million of my dumb questions.

Though I liked the sounds a lot, I was thinking the same thing as Apex… the extra WAVE ROM basically goes to the new 128 user bank, correct?  I am sure a big portion of that is the Piano (but that shouldn’t be surprising as Pianos can take up a big chunk).  Either way I think it sounds great.

As a non Motif owner I found it to be a fun demo actually - I dig watching that demo artist.  He is respectfully enthusiastic about the product and a fine player, and he looks like he is having a good time.  That dude could demo a pocket calculator and I would love it.

Jive what did I do?  ("play nice Apex")

as far as where the same ROM went, I wouldn’t say the added ROM is all in the user banks (but I may be wrong).  I was just saying that a big portion of it must have gone to that S6 piano.  I just don’t see/hear the big difference in the sound.  It does sound great (don’t get me wrong on that), but I don’t hear the difference from the XS…

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2