mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "HELP!  (Newbie post)"

Posted on: September 06, 2010 @ 09:56 PM
Denwash
Total Posts:  2
Joined  09-06-2010

Sorry if this retraces old ground but I was unable to find an answer to my question in the forums.  What I would like to do is use my Alesis Midi controller using a different patch than my XS8 controller is playing.  In other words, I would like to play an organ or violin sound on the midi controller (through the XS8) while also playing the piano sound on the XS8.  I thought that there would be a way to do this perhaps through the sequencer, but I don’t see a way to assign a specific midi send/receive to a specific track channel.  Is there a way to do it in performance mode?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 07, 2010 @ 05:43 AM
bsmart
Total Posts:  225
Joined  01-12-2005

You can kinda do it in Performance mode, but you really should be in Song mode. In Song or Pattern mode, you have access to the full mix, so those are the real multi modes of the Motif.

In Song or Pattern mode, press Mix, then edit, then one of the part/track buttons. Now the screen shows the controls for just that track. I’m not at a Motif at the moment, but the receive channel settings are under F1 or F2, I think. Set one of the parts/tracks to have a voice, and then, in here, setup where it will be triggered from.

If you still can’t find it, someone will probably post the exact path to the screen with the internal/external enable switches and receive channel setting.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 07, 2010 @ 11:26 PM
Denwash
Total Posts:  2
Joined  09-06-2010

Thanks for the info - I kind of figured out how to get the midi keyboard to respond with the voice on the correct channel, but for some reason, there is a delay of almost a full second between when I hit a key and the note plays.  I must have done something seriously wrong - but I still appreciate the advise - I am halfway there!

[ Ignore ]