mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Look what I just picked up from Guitar Center :)"

Page 1 of 3
Posted on: September 04, 2010 @ 09:57 PM
worknman
Total Posts:  128
Joined  08-19-2010

A brand new XF8:

GC 15% off for $2999. WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

For those of you who have never bought an 88 key synth before, they’re like HDTVs; they don’t look that big in the store, but once you get one home, they’re HUGE!! :)

Already purchased the 80’s vol 1 & 2 libraries, and as soon as I get the email with the files, I’m gonna be in synth heaven for a long time :) hehe

PS - I’m sure a lot of you have questions about how it compares to the XS in various ways. However, since I’ve never owned a Motif before now, I can’t help you out there.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 04, 2010 @ 10:03 PM
Jive Talking Robot
Total Posts:  201
Joined  08-23-2010

Congrats!!!!!!!!  It’s a thing of beauty to be sure!  Did you get any Flash w/ it?  And, more importantly… are you having fun yet????

I will be right behind you next week, but I am so jealous of you now! :)

PS - let us know what you think of those 80s sound sets (any Prince cira 1999/Purple Rain on there?)… I bet they are a blast to play…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 04, 2010 @ 10:12 PM
GospelMusicians
Total Posts:  336
Joined  08-26-2010

I’m thinking of getting the 88-key. What kind of Case do you have for it and is it too too heavy to travel every week with?

Does it fit in the car?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 04, 2010 @ 10:58 PM
SirJoseph
Total Posts:  199
Joined  03-06-2008

Kind of a Rah! Rah! Yay! No cuss words here, just a dancing banana. picture! Looks like the bench is the focus of the pic. Is it THAT comfy? ;)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2010 @ 12:11 AM
worknman
Joined  08-19-2010
Jive Talking Robot - 04 September 2010 10:03 PM

Did you get any Flash w/ it?

Haven’t gotten any flash ram. I don’t have any samples yet, and even if I did, I wouldn’t know how to load them. Besides, got plenty to keep me busy for the time being :)

And, more importantly… are you having fun yet????

Well, I was… until my sustain pedal decided to stop working :(

I will be right behind you next week, but I am so jealous of you now! :)

If there’s a GC near you, I’d say get one in the next couple of days and save yourself $500.

PS - let us know what you think of those 80s sound sets (any Prince cira 1999/Purple Rain on there?)… I bet they are a blast to play…

Yeah, I dunno what’s going on with that. The website said I’d get an email with the files after the purchase, but it never came. I figure either he’s gotta send those manually, or something went wrong with the transaction. Will follow up with Rick in a couple of days if they don’t show up ...

GospelMusicians - 04 September 2010 10:12 PM

I’m thinking of getting the 88-key. What kind of Case do you have for it and is it too too heavy to travel every week with?

Does it fit in the car?

This thing is farking heavy; I would NOT want to gig with it. I don’t have a case for it (will probably never leave my home), but the box it came in barely fit in my little Hyundai; we had to put it in diagonally. It’s dimensions (without case) are approximately 57L x 17W (inches).

SirJoseph - 04 September 2010 10:58 PM

Kind of a Rah! Rah! Yay! No cuss words here, just a dancing banana. picture! Looks like the bench is the focus of the pic. Is it THAT comfy? ;)

It’s pretty darn comfy :)

BTW: Think I might need a new stand:

With my current case, the ‘feet’ aren’t wide enough to fully support the synth underneath. It seems pretty sturdy (stand supports 200lbs), but I’m not sure that’s not going to cause long-term damage to the bottom of the board?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2010 @ 12:38 AM
chilly
Total Posts:  738
Joined  05-05-2008

By the way today i was at my music shop and today thay jast got motif xf7, the price was about 3grand.
This thing looks amazing and black finish is realy nice tuch. and i was a bit tepting to buy it,

Of couse the music shop has very cruppy headphones so i brought my sennheizers HD800..

Well no doupt Motif XF does sound good , but I also can compare it to Kurzweil PC3 sound,

1)I can say that thay sound both good and any pro might decide to buy Motif Xf or Kurzweil pc3, but to my own taste i like the natural sound of Kurzweil PC3,while some musicians can suit electonicaly enchanted sound of Motif Xf.

2)Also to my musical needs I need VAST wich motif does not have

3) The keyboard action was very nice on Motif XF, light on tuch and plesent.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2010 @ 12:41 AM
sleepingangel
Total Posts:  79
Joined  02-10-2009

The stand looks upside down???

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2010 @ 12:50 AM
worknman
Joined  08-19-2010
sleepingangel - 05 September 2010 12:41 AM

The stand looks upside down???

Nope, it’s right-side up. Check the pic:
http://www.onstagestands.com/catalog/item/home/model/KS7191w/grp/GRP000076

The wider feet are on the bottom.

BTW: Just in case anybody’s wondering, the owners manual that came with it is 82 pages long. The PDF copy of the XS owners manual I downloaded was 300+ pages, and included also the Reference manual.

With the XF, the ‘Reference’ part of the manual is on CD, PDF-only. I’m not sure if the XS came with a printed Reference manual or not. Personally, I like having it on PDF more, so it’s all good :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2010 @ 01:12 AM
meloinfo3
Total Posts:  3
Joined  09-05-2010

Hello worknman, could you tell me how you got this 15% OFF because when I go online at GC the price is still the same U$3499.99 thanks a lot

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2010 @ 01:32 AM
JimH
Total Posts:  51
Joined  11-21-2005
meloinfo3 - 05 September 2010 01:12 AM

Hello worknman, could you tell me how you got this 15% OFF because when I go online at GC the price is still the same U$3499.99 thanks a lot

Just look here:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/

It’s 15% off of that $3499.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2010 @ 01:38 AM
djlowkey
Total Posts:  119
Joined  12-06-2008

I might even get a better discount...we’ll see soon enough...hehe....i got my XS8 Brand New for 2400 out the door...tax included. But I’m special! (=P)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2010 @ 02:28 AM
botega
Total Posts:  1174
Joined  03-16-2007

Congratulations Worknman! it looks great

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2010 @ 02:41 AM
ahutnick
Total Posts:  158
Joined  11-20-2005

Yeah neither the XF8 nor a XS8 are meant to be carried by one person. They are just too bulky and heavy unfortunately.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2010 @ 03:33 AM
BubbaMc
Total Posts:  66
Joined  08-23-2010

How is the hammer action on the keyboard, not too heavy?

Also I’d use a bench stand with something that heavy, they don’t move nearly as much as an x stand, and a lot safer - like this one;

keyboard_stand_dixon.jpg

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2010 @ 04:18 AM
SuperM.A.N.
Total Posts:  106
Joined  09-04-2010

Farkin’ nice!!! Can’t wait to get mine in the next week or two as well!!!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2010 @ 06:00 AM
worknman
Joined  08-19-2010
BubbaMc - 05 September 2010 03:33 AM

How is the hammer action on the keyboard, not too heavy?

Also I’d use a bench stand with something that heavy, they don’t move nearly as much as an x stand, and a lot safer - like this one;

I think hammer action on a synth is about as subjective as the quality of its sounds, but to my hands, it feels pretty good, if not a tad on the light side.

Yeah, I’m definitely getting a new stand, probably this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Stage-KS7150-Table-Keyboard-Stand/dp/B000EXIMFI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I have Amazon Prime, so free 2-day shipping FTW :)

I’m also in the market for a foot pedal to control volume on layered patches, if anybody has any recommendations…

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 3

Previous Topic:

‹‹ setting up a studio
Next Topic:

Phattest VSTi Filters? ››