mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Customizing User Banks + Commercial/Free Soundsetson the XF"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: August 31, 2010 @ 12:03 PM
Jive Talking Robot
Total Posts:  201
Joined  08-23-2010

Hi all,

With all the soundsets available (via the free Xspand your World / the 500 MB XF download / all of the great banks in the Mo Shop), I assume there is a way to create your own user banks from voices in those sets?  In other words, pick and choose your favorite voices/performances from the Commercial/Free Soundsets and port them over to a new, custom bank?

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 31, 2010 @ 01:07 PM
AK-Jake
Total Posts:  52
Joined  04-20-2008

I’d like to know about this myself.  Where do we get the 500mb XF expansion soundset?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 31, 2010 @ 01:10 PM
radurobert
Total Posts:  794
Joined  03-05-2009

the 500 MB XF download ?? where can i find that ?? i need that for xs

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 31, 2010 @ 01:16 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

You can create your own soundsets by using the editor which will be included with the Motif XF. It will require Yamaha Studio Manager to run.

John Melas is, I believe, also working on updating his editors to XF versions. His editors do run standalone and they’re excellent.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 31, 2010 @ 01:19 PM
Jive Talking Robot
Joined  08-23-2010

@ radurobert from the FAQ

New Inspiration in a Flash Free Sample Library download

Yamaha will make an approximately 500 MB Inspiration in a Flash free download available at the release of the XF.

This library has been developed so that you can load the individual banks into the 128 MB RAM or the whole file into a Flash board.

• Bank 1 is similar to the first bank of the XSpand Your world promotion with the S700 piano, brass, woodwind and vocal samples.
• Bank 2 focuses on vintage keyboards and synths with samples from Easy Sounds Organ Sessions and Phat Analog as well as Voices and samples from DCP productions Vintage Keys and B’ Knees.
• Bank 3 features a wide variety of new ethnic instruments many focused on the Middle East

In the user drum banks are new Arabic and Oriental kits and DTX drum kits converted from the free options for the DTX electronics drums.

^^That is pretty cool if you ask me.  Isn’t that download larger (in terms of MB) than the included sound set of the the first couple of Motifs?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 31, 2010 @ 02:19 PM
AK-Jake
Total Posts:  52
Joined  04-20-2008

Where’s all the damn synth presets Yamaha was asking us about about a few months ago?  I’m always up for free patches and I’m grateful for them, but wow...Yamaha seems like they’re ignoring the electronic potential of this instrument.  :(

Thanks for the tips, Dave.  Much appreciated!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 31, 2010 @ 03:39 PM
radurobert
Total Posts:  794
Joined  03-05-2009

yea to much acoustic and jazzy sound banks and nothing really electronic

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 31, 2010 @ 04:35 PM
Jive Talking Robot
Joined  08-23-2010
radurobert - 31 August 2010 03:39 PM

yea to much acoustic and jazzy sound banks and nothing really electronic

Bank 2 looks good…

Bank 2 focuses on vintage keyboards and synths with samples from Easy Sounds Organ Sessions and Phat Analog as well as Voices and samples from DCP productions Vintage Keys and B’ Knees.

I like the samples I heard in the shop for the DCP Vintage Keys set (which has a ton of classic poly and mono synths); Phat Analog sounds real nice to my ears as well.  Granted, they both focus on classic synths in favor of modern synths, but that is 100% OK with me!  Besides, free is the right price.

@ DavePolich

Just so I am clear: I can drag and drop voices/performances I like from the various soundsets via the included editor and then send them back to the Motif (or save on a USB) as a final “favorites” bank?

PS - Funny you should reply, as I plan on picking up a number of your soundsets w/ the XF (once the are XFized!).  Brilliant stuff.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2010 @ 11:12 AM
laboso
Total Posts:  1
Joined  10-25-2010

I wonder if Bank 3 (ethnic bank) of the 500mb XF flash content is the same as the “Oriental sounds yamaha christmas special” XS bank… And if not can I load the ortienal XS bank to the XF without loosing a user voice bank of the XF flash package???

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2010 @ 12:15 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Just so I am clear: I can drag and drop voices/performances I like from the various soundsets via the included editor and then send them back to the Motif (or save on a USB) as a final “favorites” bank?

PS - Funny you should reply, as I plan on picking up a number of your soundsets w/ the XF (once the are XFized!).  Brilliant stuff.

Yes, you can do this with editor.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2010 @ 02:41 PM
Peter Krischker
Total Posts:  181
Joined  12-25-2003
laboso - 25 October 2010 11:12 AM

I wonder if Bank 3 (ethnic bank) of the 500mb XF flash content is the same as the “Oriental sounds yamaha christmas special” XS bank… And if not can I load the ortienal XS bank to the XF without loosing a user voice bank of the XF flash package???

Basically it is the same stuff. Some voices were edited and improved.
You can load the original version of the christmas special to the SDRAM (Load - File Type - 1 bank voice). Then you can compare and decide if you still need the old version).

Peter Krischker
http://www.easysounds.de

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 26, 2010 @ 09:19 AM
EMANALPHA
Total Posts:  117
Joined  01-11-2008
DavePolich - 31 August 2010 01:16 PM

You can create your own soundsets by using the editor which will be included with the Motif XF. It will require Yamaha Studio Manager to run.

John Melas is, I believe, also working on updating his editors to XF versions. His editors do run standalone and they’re excellent.

Hey I gotta get hip to the editor I currently use the xov. files to create my voice banks in user 1,2,3. I initialize those voices I don’t like and add the voices I like. I just got the XF8 so I have a lot of learning/adventuring ahead of me. does the addition have a xov. file??????????????

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2011 @ 02:55 AM
LYO
Total Posts:  172
Joined  07-08-2008
Jive Talking Robot - 31 August 2010 12:03 PM

Hi all,

In other words, pick and choose your favorite voices/performances from the Commercial/Free Soundsets and port them over to a new, custom bank?

“DavePolich"

Yes, you can do this with editor.

I thought the Editor was just for Voice, Song and Pattern?
Or is this specific to the John Melas Editors?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 04, 2011 @ 12:35 AM
Jive Talking Robot
Joined  08-23-2010

You can drag and drop voices from other banks to create your own “custom” banks within the John Melas software.  Don’t know if you can do it with the Yammy VST (I have not tried though), but the JM software is pretty straight forward… you should download the demo and try it out.  Well worth the money IMO.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 04, 2011 @ 02:15 AM
LYO
Total Posts:  172
Joined  07-08-2008

Thanks.
I see you don’t need Studio Manager to run them. I am a little concerned about the complexity, would you say they are intuitive enough for a newb?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 04, 2011 @ 11:06 PM
Jive Talking Robot
Joined  08-23-2010

John’s software?  Yes, quite easy.  My primary goal in buying it was to be able to manage voices, arps, etc… I have been able to figure out most of it by just poking around the app.  There is not a lot of bloat in his software - most everything is up front and clear. Try the demo… you will know within an hour or so if it is the app for you.  Good luck!

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XF8 is at Guitar Center in Washington DC
Next Topic:

The biggest Motif defect ››