mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Man, I REALLY want a Motif XF! Should I wait for Black Friday?"

Posted on: August 30, 2010 @ 06:53 PM
worknman
Total Posts:  128
Joined  08-19-2010

I want an XF, and I don’t mean just a little bit either :) I currently don’t own any Motifs; I had been on the fence about the XF since I heard about it, but after listening to some samples of many of the awesome sound libraries yesterday, even though I’d heard some of them before, I made up my mind that the XF was the board for me. And unless Roland shows us something awesome in the next day or two on their rolandconnect site, I will have one :) I swear I have listened the the samples of the 80’s libraries at least a couple dozen times, and can’t wait to get my hands on them!

From what I’ve read, it’s gonna be a b*tch to program my own sounds, but I don’t have the time or patience to do that anyway, and it looks like the XF sound bank + the sound libraries will be enough to keep me busy for quite some time :)

But the only question is, should I get one at launch, or wait until Black Friday, assuming I could get one at a discount that day? I read a discussion on here how it might be beneficial to wait about 6 months, but I don’t think the price of the XS has dropped much (if any) since it has been released (well, until now that is), and I don’t see the XF being any different in that regard.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2010 @ 08:38 PM
Jive Talking Robot
Total Posts:  201
Joined  08-23-2010

Haha… I know what you are saying.

I don’t have patience though. :)

I would just work w/ your favorite reseller on the price… there is ALWAYS room to move on the advertised/street prices I have found, and sometimes (not always) those margins are deeper than they let on.  If you buy @ the end of a month, resellers/sales people are typically more willing to drop their price in order to hit a sales goal, so you can always leverage that.

Good luck!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 31, 2010 @ 01:42 AM
AK-Jake
Total Posts:  52
Joined  04-20-2008

It’s a brand new product...you won’t see much in the wheeling-and-dealing department for 6-12 months.  Motif XS’s price never dropped since launching 3 years ago (in fact, I believe they went UP), so if you want an XF, you might as well go ahead and get one now.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 31, 2010 @ 01:50 AM
jimandchris
Total Posts:  101
Joined  08-01-2002

I’m going to wait until Blake Angelos drops one at a clinic and take $500 off the demo version. HA “8-P

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 31, 2010 @ 04:25 AM
delirium
Total Posts:  2441
Joined  11-16-2006
worknman - 30 August 2010 06:53 PM

From what I’ve read, it’s gonna be a b*tch to program my own sounds, but I don’t have the time or patience to do that anyway, and it looks like the XF sound bank + the sound libraries will be enough to keep me busy for quite some time :)

where have you’ve been? motif XS can do all of these since years.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 31, 2010 @ 06:55 AM
worknman
Total Posts:  128
Joined  08-19-2010

where have you’ve been? motif XS can do all of these since years.

Saving money :) lol

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ ES Libraries into XF?
Next Topic:

[OT] VRA! Split-screen Constant Motion - DT ››