mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Should we also expect s70/90xf?"

Posted on: August 27, 2010 @ 06:03 PM
McRhowen
Total Posts:  63
Joined  08-27-2010

when i saw the s90xs with graded hammer keys, i loved it but was discoursged because it doesnt have onboard sequencer. should we then expect the xf of the s70/90? big screen doesnt really matter. but an on-board sequencer is very needed please especially for us that cant afford motif xs/xf8

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 27, 2010 @ 06:42 PM
ksounds
Total Posts:  670
Joined  05-06-2004

Well, the closest thing to an S90XS with a sequencer is the Motif XF. Unless Yamaha makes a major departure from its current pattern, you won’t see an S90 series instrument with a sequencer. Perhaps if a new version of the MO is released, it would be based on XS sounds (one generation behind the current Motif), but that’s not an established product line like the S90’s and Motifs. And an “XS lite” probably wouldn’t have the S6 piano.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2010 @ 12:14 PM
drpopper1
Total Posts:  57
Joined  08-22-2010
McRhowen - 27 August 2010 06:03 PM

when i saw the s90xs with graded hammer keys, i loved it but was discoursged because it doesnt have onboard sequencer. should we then expect the xf of the s70/90? big screen doesnt really matter. but an on-board sequencer is very needed please especially for us that cant afford motif xs/xf8

I frequently use my S90xs with a software sequencer. It really works well. The S series is designed as a performance board to play live first and formost. If you don’t want to take a computer on stage then you can copy midi files created sequenced on your computer to either a flash drive or the internal flash memory and have the S90 play it back as part of a performance. It’s a fantastic board.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2010 @ 02:38 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Just a point of order: The S90 XS/S70 XS do not have Graded Hammer action, they feature the same Balanced Hammer action as found in the Motif XS8 and Motif XF8.

Yamaha has not made a synthesizer with a Graded Hammer action, it is reserved for pianos.

And the S-series features a playback sequencer only. It is one of the ways the S90 XS (88-key) could be significantly lower in price than its Motif-series counterpart (the Motif XS8).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 29, 2010 @ 07:00 PM
EMANALPHA
Total Posts:  117
Joined  01-11-2008

The s70xs is a piano players vehicle. There are a lot of computer musicians out there who use vst technology and that but I would say classical musicians and gospel musicians should add this too your arsenal! That creative feel and flow comes out man! Take my word for it! It feels and plays like the real grand type piano and is great for live performing musicians!  GOOD PRODUCt!,,,,,,,, a lot of the gospel music is about feel and flow/spiritually speaking man u gotta add this to your arsenal!  Great for worship music, R&B;, Neo-soul, and jazz..............

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ File Management and Tap Tempo
Next Topic:

Thinking about XF... ››