mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Loading Samples from XS and ES to the XF"

Posted on: August 26, 2010 @ 01:37 AM
GospelMusicians
Total Posts:  336
Joined  08-26-2010

Not sure if this has been answered, but just was curious if the new XF can load samples from the ES and XS. It intrigues me to no end why the newer Motifs cannot load the older formats. For those of us with tons of ES and XS samples, it would make it very hard to upgrade.

I don’t think live performers really see the benefit of FLASH! Live steming tracks and backing tracks with full band right from one unit.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2010 @ 10:04 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Not sure if this has been answered, but just was curious if the new XF can load samples from the ES and XS. It intrigues me to no end why the newer Motifs cannot load the older formats. For those of us with tons of ES and XS samples, it would make it very hard to upgrade.

The Motif XF can load samples from the ES and the XS, no problem.  It also can load XS data with near 100% compatibility… it can read ES data - but of course substiutions for some data will need to be made, if a waveform has been updated or the effect procesor is now different.

The Motif ES could load samples from the Motif, the Motif XS could load samples from the both the ES and the original Motif - so what you stated is not true for the sample data. What could not be loaded in many cases was due to differences in hardware. But the samples themselves could be easily ported from one version to another (if the data was saved in the correct format).

ALL data files were not always compatible - we agree - but this was most often due to hardware and/or technical differences. Different Effects processors, file formats, etc.

With the introduction of the XS you could ‘look’ into an older version’s files and extract what items you might need - but it was not 100% compatibility. Each was a different keyboard. Some Voices were in different locations, some voices were not included in the next model. They were in fact different products.

I don’t think live performers really see the benefit of FLASH! Live steming tracks and backing tracks with full band right from one unit.

It is extremely powerful!!! But until it really hits the market and people get to see others using it in this fashion, that is when the word starts to spread.

It is often difficult to read a specification sheet and recognize how it will impact things until it actually reaches the field… But once released - awareness generally follows…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2010 @ 10:52 AM
GospelMusicians
Total Posts:  336
Joined  08-26-2010

Sweet....now that’s awesome! I know the voice sets would not be compatible for obvious reasons, but now knowing the samples are it would make for an easy upgrade for me!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 10, 2010 @ 06:27 PM
jxsbebop
Total Posts:  191
Joined  08-06-2010

Can the XF stream multiple audio files via USB thumb drive?  Basically, multitrack playback. 

I wouldn’t think so, but thought I would ask.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 10, 2010 @ 06:40 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002
GospelMusicians - 26 August 2010 10:52 AM

Sweet....now that’s awesome! I know the voice sets would not be compatible for obvious reasons, but now knowing the samples are it would make for an easy upgrade for me!

Actually the voices are also compatible as well. The XF will translate the ES voices and directly read the XS voices.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 10, 2010 @ 07:02 PM
Funkster
Total Posts:  449
Joined  07-20-2008

So how do we order the ES samples cd-rom again?

Does it have things we as XS or XF owners would want?

It’s like $5 IIRC any thoughts on making that a download?

F

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 10, 2010 @ 07:11 PM
Yamaha_US
Joined  07-19-2002

Most of those samples were included in the XSpand Your World download and will also be in the first bank of the Inspiration In a Flash download.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 10, 2010 @ 07:17 PM
jxsbebop
Total Posts:  191
Joined  08-06-2010

Yamaha_US, would you happen to know the answer to my question?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 10, 2010 @ 07:54 PM
Funkster
Total Posts:  449
Joined  07-20-2008
Yamaha_US - 10 September 2010 07:11 PM

Most of those samples were included in the XSpand Your World download and will also be in the first bank of the Inspiration In a Flash download.

OK well that’s good to know… I guess a good question would be what is on the ES disc that is NOT in the XSPanded already?

Then if it’s something people think they want they can order it

F

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 10, 2010 @ 07:59 PM
Yamaha_US
Joined  07-19-2002

The XF (and XS) can stream stereo audio from a USB memory device.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Which is better Organs Sessions or Organimation ?
Next Topic:

Dropping the price on the XS? ››