mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Easy Question about Saving Songs"

Posted on: August 20, 2010 @ 03:00 PM
allen mills
Total Posts:  24
Joined  04-29-2008

I often use my motif in song mode as a multi-timbral midi device.

I don’t understand how to save songs. For example, I wish to save song 1. Here’s my sequence of events:

(I’m in mixing mode)

Hit Store
Hit Enter (as prompted)
Hit Inc/Yes (as prompted “are you sure [yes/no]")

Note: I haven’t usu named the song, since I do so few, so I leave it on the default “Song 1”. Is it necessary to give the song a unique name so I can later call it up? Because later the saved song doesn’t exist, at least as song 1.

I"m sure this is rather simple - thanks for the help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2010 @ 10:09 PM
saeef
Total Posts:  649
Joined  06-24-2005
allen mills - 20 August 2010 03:00 PM

I often use my motif in song mode as a multi-timbral midi device.

I don’t understand how to save songs. For example, I wish to save song 1. Here’s my sequence of events:

(I’m in mixing mode)

Hit Store
Hit Enter (as prompted)
Hit Inc/Yes (as prompted “are you sure [yes/no]")

Note: I haven’t usu named the song, since I do so few, so I leave it on the default “Song 1”. Is it necessary to give the song a unique name so I can later call it up? Because later the saved song doesn’t exist, at least as song 1.

I"m sure this is rather simple - thanks for the help.

You save a song that is loaded or recorded by selecting file and then saving it to a smc or usb drive
salsa

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 21, 2010 @ 08:34 AM
allen mills
Joined  04-29-2008

Thanks Salsamac, I’ll give it a try today.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 05, 2010 @ 01:38 PM
allen mills
Joined  04-29-2008

I have a USB cable from the motif to my Mac. When I go to file, make the type “AllSong” and try to store it does nothing. The top line of the screen says File and Current CARD:root

Thanks ~

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 05, 2010 @ 04:47 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I have a USB cable from the motif to my Mac. When I go to file, make the type “AllSong” and try to store it does nothing. The top line of the screen says File and Current CARD:root

A USB cable from your Motif to the Mac will not help you SAVE data. You need a USB drive and you need to connect it to the other USB port.

There are two USB ports on the back of the Motif ES.

One is labeled “TO HOST” - and this connects to a computer for bi-directional MIDI communications. It actually takes the place of standard MIDI cables. The “HOST” in this case is the computer - it will run software, like Cubase or the Editor that the Motif ES can communicate with

The other USB port is labeled “TO DEVICE” - and this is the one you can connect to a USB storage device, like a thumb drive or USB hard disk. This is the port you would use to SAVE data.

The manual is very thorough on this point:
Using USB storage Devices, pages 29-30

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 05, 2010 @ 10:40 PM
allen mills
Joined  04-29-2008

When I got the Motif ES years ago I had a tough time using the manual, as whichever side of my brain does that kind of logical, mechanical stuff has atrophied I think. Sounds like I should have dug out the manual and figured it out! Thanks for walking me through it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 07, 2010 @ 05:21 PM
allen mills
Joined  04-29-2008

When I get to the File menu to format the hard drive, I’m not able to enter alpha-numeric characters with either the wheel or the inc/dec buttons.  I’m trying to format anyway, and it says “Disk or card not ready.” The hard drive is formatted for Mac - does it need to be formatted for PC before the Motif can re-format it?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 07, 2010 @ 05:31 PM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

Devices that are to be connected to several systems should be formatted FAT.

That’s how they are sold.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2010 @ 08:07 AM
allen mills
Joined  04-29-2008

Formatted the hard drive in FAT format. Motif still doesn’t allow me to input data on the “Volume Label” line, and when attempting to format, it still says “Disk or card not ready.”

Probably doesn’t matter, but previously, the Volume Label input area was blank; now it shows all dashes.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2010 @ 10:10 AM
sciuriware
Joined  08-18-2003

What capacity is your hard drive, and is it a stick or a disk?

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 11, 2010 @ 07:44 PM
allen mills
Joined  04-29-2008

149 GB disk. OWC Mercury Elite Pro formatted as MS-DOS (FAT32). Nothing else lives on the drive at the moment.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 12, 2010 @ 12:52 AM
sciuriware
Joined  08-18-2003

My ES doesn’t accept FAT32.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Easy Question about Saving Songs
Next Topic:

Sampling on Motif ES- What am I doing wrong? ››