mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "SAVE SEQ DATA"

Posted on: August 17, 2010 @ 11:17 PM
Indulge
Total Posts:  20
Joined  08-17-2010

Will you be able to save your sequenced data/song on a usb memory stick or SD/CF cards whether it be internal or external, i know you can save to a computer but what about like portable storage devices....????
thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2010 @ 12:42 AM
saeef
Total Posts:  649
Joined  06-24-2005
Indulge - 17 August 2010 11:17 PM

Will you be able to save your sequenced data/song on a usb memory stick or SD/CF cards whether it be internal or external, i know you can save to a computer but what about like portable storage devices....????
thanks

I’d hate to think yamaha would have you to lug your computer around to gigs to load songs. Kinda foolish and self defeating dontcha think?
salsa

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2010 @ 12:48 AM
Indulge
Total Posts:  20
Joined  08-17-2010

yeah that’s the reason i would want to know, really, i know they said something about saving audio/wav aiff files to a flash drive, but what about sequenced data songs.???

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2010 @ 01:18 AM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

Yes , you can store sequenced songs, voices and the entire settings for your Motif on a USB stick or USB hard drive.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 19, 2011 @ 01:33 AM
Mixx_Breed
Total Posts:  14
Joined  06-18-2007
Yamaha_US - 18 August 2010 01:18 AM

Yes , you can store sequenced songs, voices and the entire settings for your Motif on a USB stick or USB hard drive.

Do you have to format your USB stick/flash drive or USB hard drive if the Motif XS6 recognizes it without doing so? I was able to make a folder named Motif and just store my .XOA and .XOP without formatting the flash drive stick. I have other files on this same stick and I still had no problems with the Motif recognizing and saving files to it.

My other question is, should I have any problems loading these files being there are other items and files on this drive?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 19, 2011 @ 08:38 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

USB drives usually come ready to use (as you have discovered)… you only need to format a drive if it has been formatted (by you the user) to some other format.

Other files on the drive will not disturb the Motif XF, it will only allow you to see files that it can open, it will simply ignore the others. It will show you all FOLDERS. But only FILES that can be actually be opened by the XF will be seen through the XF’s FILE menus.

Say you have a PDF document file on the drive, the Motif XF cannot read PDF files so it will simply not show it when you look in the XF screen.  If you have a .MID file on the drive, the Motif XF can read that type of file, when you set the FILE TYPE = SMF (Standard MIDI File).

Again it will only show you files that it can actually use.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2011 @ 01:01 AM
Mixx_Breed
Total Posts:  14
Joined  06-18-2007
Bad_Mister - 19 August 2011 08:38 AM

Again it will only show you files that it can actually use.

Got it. The Motif XS , and probably XF as well, are very file specific meaning you have to let it it know and set it to what files you want to load.

I noticed Yamaha says to make sure the USB flash drive is FAT. I’m assuming it is since the .XOA and .XOP files are showing there. I tend to save them by the dates that I save them so I know when they were saved in an alphabetical type order. I use pattern mode mostly so that’s what is most important to me.

NOTE!!!! I still haven’t found out how to save my files to my computer that I have the USB cord connected from Motif XS to Desktop. I think i did it once using my home network but this was on the old OS and it took many steps. More than I ever care to do ever again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2011 @ 02:19 AM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010
Mixx_Breed - 22 August 2011 01:01 AM

I still haven’t found out how to save my files to my computer that I have the USB cord connected from Motif XS to Desktop. I think i did it once using my home network but this was on the old OS and it took many steps. More than I ever care to do ever again.

You need to connect your computer to the Motif through a LAN cable using the Ethernet ports on either side (You can also setup a wireless n/w if you’ve an XF). Then, you’ll have to share a folder on the computer so that the Motif can read from and write to that folder. The USB connection is not used for file sharing - it’s meant purely for MIDI communication.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif-Rack XF Request
Next Topic:

so F stands for Motif XS Fixed... ››