mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Power Distribution"

Posted on: August 17, 2010 @ 06:10 AM
worldclassmusician
Total Posts:  21
Joined  12-18-2005

Hey there,

i’m gigging with a Mo8 and a Juno G.  I also use a couple of pedals with my keys and have a pedal board to house it all in.

I’m looking for a power distribution unit which will power my keyboards and possibly my pedals as well.  Pedals I use are Rocktron Banshee Talkbox & TC Electronics Vocal Harmoniser.

I want to make my setup (wedding band) as quick as poss.  I currently have a multi block with the 4 devices plugged in, this is stuck to my pedal board, but it takes up quite a bit of space, so I’m looking to cut that down as much as poss.

Any ideas?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2010 @ 11:14 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

You can make yourself a ‘harness’ that has all the plugs and do-dads taped up and ready to go. Just set it on the floor and plug things in. If you always use the same configuration, you can customize the cord length for each item and use velcro tie wraps to help with any cord management issues.

The trick to a set up like this is stowage. It has to be tangle-free, so a plastic storage box (from Home Depot, etc) that’s about the right size is one way to keep things organized.

The hazard with a harness (or a snake as some might call this) is when something goes wrong. ALWAYS have single cord back-ups for each item and a secondary electrical multi-plug box in the car with you if needed.

I don’t use effect pedals, but I did make myself a harness like this and it works great, but I leave the sustain pedals separate because I’ve found their weight and bulk just make things needlessly complicated. Easy enough to route those manually.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2011 @ 12:21 PM
worldclassmusician
Total Posts:  21
Joined  12-18-2005

Would this power my Mo8?

http://www.visionguitars.co.uk/burkey_flatliner_pro_pedal_board_power_supply.html

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Microphone thru XS -HELP !!!
Next Topic:

portable power ››