mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XF LCD Screen"

Posted on: August 16, 2010 @ 02:36 PM
Venatt
Total Posts:  744
Joined  07-11-2004

I noticed that the XF LCD Screen has a white background and it can be customized to a different scheme. I was wondering if this new screen works on the sun ???

Yesterday I played at 2:30 PM in the heat, with no cover and I couln’t see a thing on my XS7 Screen, nothing. I even put a small cardboard and still couln’t see anything, it was not a nightmare, but a pure and complete daymare. My motif got so hot the the plastic key started to get hot to play ha ha ha, believe or not.

I just wonder if so much heat is bad for the machine when playing in desert weather.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 16, 2010 @ 02:53 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

He said, tongue in cheek, “The way this here thing works is you do a search XF + screen + Sunlight and you will find the following.”

Yamaha_US - 02 August 2010 10:03 PM

The screens were designed to address two issues raised here on the forums.  Visibility in direct sunlight (the lighter display are far easier to read) and issues with people who are color blind ( the default red is the one color that very, very few people have an issue seeing).  Personally we like the Blue, but some people simply can’t see blue well.

You should check it our once in the stores because the screen itself is different and has better definition.  Like sounds, the best way to judge is in person.

:)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 16, 2010 @ 05:36 PM
stephenchoi
Total Posts:  37
Joined  07-09-2009

Will Yamaha make an LCD color option for the indoors/studio environment using a black background (like the XS).  I hope to be able to use a more subdued lcd screen color scheme option (white & red lettering on black background to match the XF’s chassis color screen would be very cool).  I’d rather not have a bright white light shining up at me when I use the XF in the evenings in my home studio.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 16, 2010 @ 08:01 PM
ksounds
Total Posts:  670
Joined  05-06-2004

My request is the opposite: Allow XS owners the option to have white background with black / dark letters.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Where’s The Reveal?
Next Topic:

Natural Grand S6 ››