mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "K-Piano Sounds - Quick Question"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: August 13, 2010 @ 10:03 PM
Venatt
Total Posts:  744
Joined  07-11-2004

I know this is not the proper place to ask this question but I am about to buy a K-Piano sound library because I am in a great need of better piano sounds. I have been listening to both K-Piano1 and K-Piano 2 libraries and both sound great, but what is the big difference between the two ??? or what is the advante from one to the other ??? Which one is more recommendable ???

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2010 @ 10:50 PM
crcraft
Total Posts:  62
Joined  03-20-2009

I use the Steinway D from K-Sounds. As far as going with one or the other I really like the Steinway D. The presets that come with it are excellent. It has a nice woody-type rich tone with a modern edge for every style of music out there. You cannot go wrong purchasing this library. With the different presets included it gives you that nice and punchy or bright for rock or subtle for ballads and solo playing. Let me know when you made your decision. Listen to the demos of the Steinway & Kawai through a few different sources of sound (headphones, stereo speakers, etc.) and draw your own conclusion. It worked well for me live and in the studio. For sampled pianos for the XS, this is a 10/10. There is going to be more coming out soon (as per this forum) you should consider when they are released but spend your money on the Steinway. [THIS IS MY OPINION]

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2010 @ 10:54 PM
ksounds
Total Posts:  670
Joined  05-06-2004

I’ll let others post subjective comments / opinions if they like. The biggest ‘spec’ difference is that Piano 1 is a Steinway sample, and Piano 2 is a Kawai sample. Both pianos are 9-foot concert grands. Other differences: Piano 2 is brighter overall, and its samples are longer (more natural decay before the loop starts).

Also consider Signature Piano - just released! It’s a Yamaha C7 sample with up to 8 velocities, real sampled damper resonance, release resonance, and hammer noise samples - to my knowledge, the most detailed piano available in Motif format!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2010 @ 11:15 PM
crcraft
Joined  03-20-2009

Do you plan on doing any Baldwin samples?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2010 @ 11:16 PM
Venatt
Joined  07-11-2004

I made up my mind and I just purchased the Steinway D, I think you’re right and it sound better.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2010 @ 11:34 PM
ksounds
Joined  05-06-2004

crcraft, at this time, I don’t have plans to release new products based on Baldwin samples, but I’ll be glad to keep your request in mind. Thanks for mentioning it!

venattboy, thank you for ordering Piano 1! Enjoy the new sounds!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 14, 2010 @ 01:07 AM
stephenchoi
Total Posts:  37
Joined  07-09-2009

Ksounds:  I’d be interested in a MKS-20 sampleset.  Any chance you could be producing a set?  Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 14, 2010 @ 06:49 AM
JLPG
Total Posts:  34
Joined  06-16-2009

Adressed to Ksounds:

1) The “Signature piano Yamaha C7 Ksounds” made for Motif Xs is playable 100% on Motif XF or does it need re-adaptation making a dedicated specific “signature piano C7 XF version” ?

2) Can we see in the future a “ Signature piano Bosendorfer or Steinway” from Ksounds with the same amazing!! level of sampling than signature Yamaha C7 ???

Thanks,regards

José Luis

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 14, 2010 @ 11:50 AM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

All libraries for the XS will work with 100% compatibility in the XF.  Regarding new Piano libraries, Sonic Reality is working on two 512 MB pianos. A Steinway recorded by Ken Scott , engineer for Elton John and many others and a Bosendorfer that was sampled with input from Alan Parsons.

With the internal pianos from Yamaha (CF3 and S6) , the options we will release as part of the Inspriation in a Flash promotion (original Motif piano and S700 sample from the S90ES) and all the third party libraries give the XS and XF more piano options than any other hardware keyboard.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 14, 2010 @ 01:34 PM
johnb787
Total Posts:  169
Joined  01-07-2010

Interesting.shoose voice piano

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 14, 2010 @ 09:36 PM
Venatt
Joined  07-11-2004

Yesterday I loaded the bank of Piano 1 Staiway D into my Motif xs, I loaded them into User 2 according to the procedure given by Badmister. Today I turned on the machine and the names of the pianos are there on user 2, but guess whaT, NO SOUND ON USER 2, wHATS GOING ON ???

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 14, 2010 @ 09:52 PM
Venatt
Joined  07-11-2004

File Management on the MOtif XS is a complete MESS and it prevents me from achieving my goals.

First I had sample like 14 keys into Drum User 1, everything was fine for a while, I had asigned those sample to several songs I play with my band(on song mode), I had even set them up in outload and everytime I turned off the machine and then turned on back again the samples would be there available for me to play them.

The problem started when when I purchased 80’s volume II, I was told by the guy who sold me the Volume to save everything and load 80’s without system(different procedure than the one given by Bad Mister), when I did that, first I saved everything I had on my USB sitck to my computer, then I load the 80’s volume II into my Motif as told(all without system) then I copy the rest from my computer to my USB Stick again, after that my samples were gone, Drum User 1 has its original sounds without my samples.

The Funny thing is that there is a 26MB File(suposedly my samples) that autoload everytime I turn on the machine. But in reality they’re not there.

Yesterdy I bought Piano I Stainway and I loaded it as instructed by Bad Mister (into User 2) because User 1 has 80’s volume II and user 3 has 80’s Volume I, I went through the pianos and they sound great, but today surprise surprise there is no sound and on all the pianos from Stainway, there is no sound on any key except for one surprise, one of my samples pop up on the C3 key.

So Is like its overlaping, like C3 took over Pianos I Stainway, when I never set it up that way.(NEVER)

So it’s a complete mess that doesn’t let me move forward in any direction. And I have the lated OS update.

I just don’t have any idea what’s going on!!!

I have two problems:

1- My samples gone or hidden somewhere
2- Piano 1 Stainway D to make sound.

What is what I want ?

1- To have 3 voice libraries available and my 14 key samples I had sample originaly.

80’s Volume 1 - Voice User 1
80’s Volume 2 - Voice User 3
Pianos Stainway D - Voice User 2
My Samples on Drum User 1

Is this posible or it’s not posible ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 14, 2010 @ 11:31 PM
Venatt
Joined  07-11-2004

And just to add something I think the file P1 XS Samples 53MB.XOW is overlaping with my Samples File, something unknown is going on, but I might be highly mistaken.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 14, 2010 @ 11:42 PM
ksounds
Joined  05-06-2004

venattboy, please see my reply to your other post about the same issue:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/450395/

stephenchoi and JLPG, I don’t currently have plans for MKS-20, Steinway, or Bosendorfer sample sets, but I will keep your requests in mind (and when they’re available, I’ll check out the upcoming piano products to hear the tones they offer).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 05, 2010 @ 11:58 PM
crcraft
Joined  03-20-2009

I know this is in a K-sounds thread of the forum but the mention of Elton John brings back to mind the Roland RD-1000. The MKS-20 is also based on the same synthesis to give you pretty much the same sounds. Piano 3 has always been a favorite of mine. I think there is enough activity and request inside and outside this forum with Motif XS users to warrant an MKS-20 Sound Bank. But, how practical is it really? 1987............ 2010......???? I think this is something I’ll have to release. LOL quietly.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 06, 2010 @ 12:12 AM
drraw
Total Posts:  54
Joined  04-09-2010

K-Sounds Yamaha C7 Signature Piano.  Does the XF8 have the necessary Dimm required for this voice library?

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Are Yamaha FC3 & FC7 pedals compatible with XF?
Next Topic:

mLan connection ››