mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Enough With the Complaints Already!!"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: August 13, 2010 @ 11:33 AM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

For “me”, Motifator has been a great resource for knowledge of the workstations and the technology. I have piles of printouts and notes of the things I’ve learned from the wide assortment and range of contributors. I’ve asked “good” questions and have asked some questions that have been elementary and, in the end, whatever, I got help and understanding. The site was created for that purpose.

Ever since the Classic, where the reasoning for this site to emerged, people have chimed in with the benefits as well as their “wishlist” of features and functions. Yamaha has listened. There are Senior Tech advisors who have monitored the site and passed on notes to Yamaha for consideration. The ES,Mo,XS and others were created based on the consensus of participants here as well as “A List” pros, and Yamaha has made every effort to comply within the confinds of affordablility to customers.That’s “business”. “Everything” could be put in “the next” workstation, but at what cost to the consumer?

With each addition to the Motif Family, there have been and probably always be functions and features that were left out for one reason or another,but mostly for business reasons. No sense in building a workstation that will sit in the warehouse and on the floor of retailers.

I was on the market for the XS for a couple of years through a personal resource. “NOW”, with the XF, I’m doing some reconsidering. “I’m” here to get information on what it “does” vs the ES I now own and the XS I had made plans for. I am looking at this positively and at benefits to suit my intentions. Having experienced the Classic and the ES, I know there will be things to learn about the XS or XF and will find things I “can” do that I can’t do now. That’s just “me”.

Seems, however,on a few threads, there is more railing about what it doesn’t “have” than what it “does”. YamahaUS and Bad_Mister have tried to explain the workstation; it’s advances and conveniences while “trying” to temper the rants of its short comings. We all know that different manufactures have features and functions that don’t exist in “this” particular axe, but we also “should” understand that with what was put in this workstation don’t exist in others. Here is a news flash....

This is a YAMAHA board! It is what it is and has what it has. It was suggested to me that many people want their “old gear” in the “new gear”. I would also suggest that people want their old gear and gear from “every” manufacturer in their “new gear”. If you got it, you would then piss and moan about the price of it.

ENOUGH!! Much of what any workstation is capable of doesn’t get discovered until you get it home. They can give you “specs” and a manual, but ALL the axe is capable of CAN’T BE PUT IN EITHER. We discoverd that with the Classic, I discovered things in the ES that weren’t revealed to me until I watched the DVD of the “XS Master Class”.

Let’s get to asking questions instead of the constant complaining. If you ask questions, I know for a FACT that YamahaUS and Bad_Mister are continuing to explore and will explore the possibilities based on inquiries. It’s what they “DO”. They even come up with “work-arounds” for the short comings. I don’t think you want to challange them on technology.

Maybe...just “maybe”...the things that are being complained about ‘do’ exist or are possible if you just “ask”. The worst case scenerio is “No...you can’t.”...and the sun will rise yet another day.
Just a thought…
End of final rant.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2010 @ 11:48 AM
dereknae
Total Posts:  485
Joined  03-16-2009

I’m not for the complaints either but this is a forum and people have the right to say and feel the way they want..This isn’t China,it’s america..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2010 @ 11:55 AM
Rob'n
Total Posts:  153
Joined  10-30-2007

I can agree with you Mr Duke. But on the other hand.... these stupid discussions are a nice diversion from every day life, a good verbal fight is nice every now and then.
Also, some posts are that brute and offensive (and totally incomprehensible) that they diffuse a strange kind of attraction to me.

Just let it cool down a bit. In a few months we will see the first real questions about the Motif XF, when the machine is actually in stores.

Peace!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2010 @ 12:04 PM
Datasphere
Total Posts:  45
Joined  11-20-2002
dereknae - 13 August 2010 11:48 AM

This isn’t China,it’s america..

Nah.  I look out and it is DEFINITELY the UK. Yup ... raining, driving on the left, roundabouts ... the UK for sure.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2010 @ 12:15 PM
Aryn
Total Posts:  26
Joined  06-25-2009

I’m not for the complaints either but this is a forum and people have the right to say and feel the way they want..This isn’t China,it’s america..

I am relaxed now, I started to make a bad impression as the American mentality about freedom, it looked like a hidden dictatorship.

You gave me hope that things can be different!

Congratulations attitude!

Motif XF is actually enough for studio, but if you want live concerts, becomes uncomfortable.

All I want from Motif, would be 8 voices in Performance Mode and 8 Trigger Pads as Oasys, then I’d be most happy with the Yamaha Motif! :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2010 @ 12:16 PM
dereknae
Total Posts:  485
Joined  03-16-2009

HaHA,I’m just saying, seems like everyone complains around here.I have an xs.Will i get the xf????No!!!!!My wife asked if i wanted it last night and i told her i was gonna get the tyros3 for my birthday..I’m not selling my xs because it’s perfect for me..The xs and xf are to similar for me and after i got the xs i found that i wanted the tyros3..Well now i’ll have them both xs & tyros3

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2010 @ 03:39 PM
shakil
Total Posts:  102
Joined  11-28-2002
Aryn - 13 August 2010 12:15 PM

All I want from Motif, would be 8 voices in Performance Mode and 8 Trigger Pads as Oasys, then I’d be most happy with the Yamaha Motif! :)

That’s all good Aryn… but will you pay as much for XF as you have to pay for Oasys?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2010 @ 05:15 PM
Aryn
Joined  06-25-2009
shakil - 13 August 2010 03:39 PM
Aryn - 13 August 2010 12:15 PM

That’s all good Aryn… but will you pay as much for XF as you have to pay for Oasys?

Oasys reached that price very high because of karma architecture and that was designed to withstand certain, EXi and others, which is not the case in Motif.

However, if 8 voices in Performance Mode and 8 Trigger Pads would raise the price, I would be willing to pay !

Or, it might make some optional modules for 8 voices in the Performance Mode and 8 Trigger Pads, for Yamaha to have no fear that lower sales due to higher prices .

In this case, who wants to 8 voices in Performance Mode and 8 Trigger Pads, will buy separate modules, as is the case FL1024M and FW16E !

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2010 @ 06:04 PM
TraneOfThought
Total Posts:  63
Joined  09-22-2002

Homeboy I thought you knew forums is where keyboard commandoes can vent and where folks can be pretentious it’s the american way.  Serious you are right though please Yammy come out with the xf so we can either drool or b*tch and moan…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2010 @ 06:33 PM
jimandchris
Total Posts:  101
Joined  08-01-2002

Point made Duke. Tough to get all people focused on the positive, but the only dumb question is the one not answered.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2010 @ 07:29 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Great Yamaha One: “XF like XS, it is. Same Synth Engine, Can open XS songs, patterns, etc… in XF, you can. Effects same, polyphony same, sequncer same. Color different, black- weight action different. No mLAN- instead, it has a FW16E option. Has Built-in 128 MB of RAM, it does. Tap Tempo but no step recording. Not like Tyros at all. Info avilable in XF answers thread, it is…

Motif Member: Is it like the Tyros?

Great Yamaha One: No

Motif Member: Does it have the same effects as the Tyros?

Great Yamaha One: No, not like Tyros…

Motif Member: How about step recording? Does it have that?

Great Yamaha One: No

Motif Member: Articulation like Tyros?

Great Yamaha One: No…

Motif Member: Will I be able to open my XS songs and patterns in the XF?

Great Yamaha One: Yes! answers in XF Answers thread, it is…

Motif Member: OK, I heard the Tyros has…

Great Yamaha One: (Interupts) No…

Motif Member: Have you upgraded the polyphony or the sequencer?

Great Yamaha One: No…

Motif Member: When will the next update for the XF be available?

Great Yamaha One: Synth, not yet available…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2010 @ 07:46 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

I does seem curious that I do “my” venting on the venting. And too a point people do have the right to “vent” on this or any other forum. There is a point where its being arguementative just for the sake of it and that is counter productive and a distraction from those who are trying to get information.

I saw several posters that have been here for quite some time trying to offer reason only to be responded personally.

I was just in NY and went to the Sam Ash on 48th to take a look at the XF and I guess it’s not in stores yet. The manual and data lists aren’t out yet. So the pissing and moaning, based on Spec Sheet data is all we really have to go on outside of the Senior Techs, YamahaUS and Bad_Mister’s accounts of the workstation. This makes much of the venting baseless because, as some of us have seen with the previous Motifs, there is always “something” under the hood that you won’t find in the manual. There are always “work arounds”,inner features and techniques that can be applied to achieve some of the things that are being railed about.

I’m not infringing on anyone’s free speech, but free speech isn’t autonomous and does have a certain amount of responsibility to it. Needless and pointless venting clutters up the constructive dialog,which is what I would hope people come to the site for.
Then again maybe, as I said on another section of the site, there are just a bunch of unconsiderate spoiled brats with a computer and access who just want to vent about not being able to do whatever it is they want to do by pushing ONE button.
Just a thought....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2010 @ 07:54 PM
delirium
Total Posts:  2441
Joined  11-16-2006
Datasphere - 13 August 2010 12:04 PM

This isn’t China,it’s america..

Nah.  I look out and it is DEFINITELY the UK. Yup ... raining, driving on the left, roundabouts ... the UK for sure.

driving on the left? how bizarre, is there anything there you do right?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2010 @ 08:07 PM
magnum
Total Posts:  135
Joined  05-16-2004

From what I’ve heard, the XF is NOT a huge step up even from the ES series. I guess this is probably for a purchase for first time buyer buying a serious synth, not for an upgrade. I’m keeping my ES7 and saving my money to go to the Bahamas on vacation, lying on the beach, sipping Pina Coladas with a couple of island girls to show me around just so I don’t get lost. Otherwise… it’s up to you…

Peace, Pina Coladas and Bahamas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2010 @ 08:19 PM
MoGut
Total Posts:  1535
Joined  05-08-2004

I dont see alot of users complaining. I see 3 or so users relentlessly posting every half hour and being annoying and ruining the exciting news about the XF.

Why motifator doesnt ban them is beyond me?

Hey! wake up admin!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2010 @ 08:38 PM
Aryn
Joined  06-25-2009
MoGut - 13 August 2010 08:19 PM

I dont see alot of users complaining. I see 3 or so users relentlessly posting every half hour and being annoying and ruining the exciting news about the XF.

Why motifator doesnt ban them is beyond me?

Hey! wake up admin!!!!

It would be better to sit in your seat, forget who you are:

DISCRIMINATION

Shame !

Image Attachments
oameni din romania originalul jpg.JPG
  [ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Covert Voice and Performances from XS to XF
Next Topic:

Motif XF manuals and data lists?.. ››