mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "B-B-Boring Question about Performance Recording"

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 03:42 PM
wghman
Total Posts:  50
Joined  12-02-2006

I’m just stuck and I need a helping hand.

I want to record a Performance User 3 B-7 for an unknown amount of measures into the Motif sequencer. I have been unsuccessful so far. It will record 2 bars and stops. I’m screwing up somehow.
Please take a little time and tell me how to do this. I know it must be simple, but I can’t get it out of the manual.

Eventually I would like to chain together several Performances to make a song. How can I do this?

Advance thanks,
warren the dumb

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 04:48 PM
ToneDeaf
Total Posts:  197
Joined  12-09-2007

Hi Warren,

I assume you are using the XS as the XF is not released yet, if so, when in performance and recording. If you record to a song, then there is no limit. If you record to a pattern, ensure that you set the number of bars to record on the section length parameter. This parameter is avaiable once you press record button and change the sequence mode to pattern

hope this helps

Steve V

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 12, 2010 @ 11:30 AM
megassus
Total Posts:  97
Joined  02-04-2004

chain few performances into one song?

You can do so by submiting each 4 tracks into different track places.
You have up to 16 tracks as you know.
This is in the case you don’t want to change voices in the middle of a song in the middle of a track.

baisicly when you record from a preformance it will record into a song 1 on tracks 1-4. but then you can copy those tracks to a different song on tracks 5-8 11-12 and 13-16
up to 4 preformances.

[ Ignore ]