mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF successor already!"

Page 1 of 3
Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 06:44 AM
foleycore7
Total Posts:  33
Joined  02-28-2009

Yeah, where the hell is it! And here we have in this day and age a pack of scrotum sucking arrogant fu_ks at Yamaha US, who play Jazz, Rock, and Blues, deciding whats best for us modern dance, pop, and techno producers. I don’t give a fu_k if you say 90% of my types are making music on the computer, every mother fucka and his dog and cat is making music on the ciomputer these days, regardless of what genre they prefer, so why would you put in a half-arsed effort for what is supposed to be a top of the line Pro Workstation? The sequencer needs grid recording for the drums fu_kwits!The sampler needs loop-crossfade fu_kwits!The drumkits need to be upgraded with better hi hats fu_kwits! They go and upgrade all the world ethnic drums and leave off the dance producers...snigger snigger
If i was in charge of the design team and didn’t play your genre of music, i would still design a workstation in such a way as to satisfy your needs as well. You appear to be self-centred cu_ts who couldn’t care a sh_t about what electronic dance music producers need. What? Have you resigned yourself to the fact that the workstation market has dwindled and so you might as well focus on live musicians. Get a life bitch face, what if i want to put the computer aside and revel in the joys of a fully competent piece of hardware with all the tools needed to do the job? Lets face it, the head honchos at Yamaha US have a “HUGE” say in what goes into a yamaha synth workstation,and yet they have “DELIBERATELY CHOSEN” to deny us.
Japan are relying on yamaha US for their expertise and input as to market needs and demands, and despite that, we appear to have a pack of inconsiderate old nonchalent farts who are only interested in designing a workstation for their own needs and throwing the rest of us by the wayside, and thus why the sampler and sequencer appear to be after-thoughts instead of full blown production tools, and that was the case with every Motif ever released.Can you see whats going on here everyone, Yamaha US are sitting on their high horse and spitting down on you!
Well if i was designing the XS successor, here is what it would have been and should have been, i don’t give a sh_t about profit margins idiot heads, stop fu_king with us or i’ll come over there and put a fist in your fu_king face sh_thead!If the person responsible for all this sh_t was physically standing in front of me i would verbally tear shreds off you and hope you got aggressive and upset so i could smash the fu_k out of you cu_t!

Couldn’t you have put 960ppqn in the sequencer timing at liitle or no cost
or a 500,000 note sequencer at little or no cost? Of course you could have, so where is it bitchface??
Why do the MPC5000 and Korg M3 have full fledged 16 voice analog virtual synths built in that sound unbelievably good but Yamaha is too good for that are they. Waaankerrrs
Where the hell is the 256 note polyphony jerkoff?
Why not a transparent limiter to compliment the master eq and multi-band compressor, plus something akin to a PSP Vintage warmer to phatten everything up. Such things use negligeble CPU resources dickhead.
Where the hell is a compressor on each channel, selectable from three different types.
Where the hell is the voice pitch correction for vocals sh_thead

All of these things are not hard to put in Yamaha, and you know it,and they would contribute to making the Motif a truly one stop solution. The XS was a rehash of the ES and in some ways a backward step, and now the XF is a total rehash of the XS with token gestures for all our waiting.
Why do you insist on this willful defiance and snubbery?? I was utterly sick to death of your stunts ten years ago,completely fu_king sick of it, i better re-state that “TEN My bad words are getting censored. YEARS AGO” and nothings been done except token gestures and holding out on us and pulling these jerk arse stunts.

Why the fu_k would i spend $5000 on an XF with memory cards, compared to what software has to offer. In a side by side comparison with software DAW’s today, the XF has no chance, and yet you continue to keep deliberately underming it’s chances. do know how many people you are responsible for sending to software world because of these insidious debarcles of yours, you are a pack of heretics, being condemned of your own doing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 08:25 AM
radurobert
Total Posts:  794
Joined  03-05-2009

)))THIS IS !! MADNESSSSS !!!!.THIS IS SPARTA !! ))ha ha ha i think that u need other type of waveforms inside you’re Motif XS (hard to find those waveforms))))))).Maybe Yamaha needs to work harder to make better and more&more;diverse waveforms & sound banks. This can repair the gap .

You’re last idea sounds interesting .So i ask my self. Yamaha can be really responsible for sending a lot of people to software world ??. Maybe. After i buyed XS i began to really appreciate VST’s. For me is a joy to work with VST plugins. But XS is also very useful from time to time.

Yes Maybe Motifs are NOW aimed more for live performances and not studio performances. But wtf ! This can be changed . Right ?. So now !! i think that the big let down of XS is because of YAMAHA’S sound lab department or third parts that create sounds for Motif. Sound lab department means (new waveforms & new sounds).Right ?. Maybe Yamaha’s sound lab department team & third parts , need to listen more modern music ?. Motif XS is based on waveforms. So if u need more power, u need more waveforms from all genres and textures. U don’t need Vintage Warmer or other stupid request that u make.

REMEMBER FANTOM X AND XP ROMPLER SERIES FROM ROLAND .Those synths were based on 20’s enormous expansions (SRX & SR JV 80s), every single of this expansion having 250-400 waveforms.But peoples tend to forget the past, and what is the main purpose of a rompler, and they request Piano Roll and other superficial requests without knowing what is the main purpose of having a rompler when u produce music. THIS DAYS I THINK PEOPLES ARE BAD INFORMED ....

CONCLUSION. Because XS can’t synthesize any sound being more like a sample player with filters, i think he can become an amazing instrument for music production, ONLY if i have an enormous palette of sounds and waveforms to choose from. Right ?.That’s why my ROM memory supports up to 1000 waveforms . Right ??. That’s the ideea . Right ??.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 08:34 AM
SkullSparkJoker
Total Posts:  8
Joined  01-12-2009

Wow… Australia were men are REALY MEN!!! and Sheep are very afraid!!!!

Try the following

a: Try SUICIDE it works..... (Ok Sorry that was cruel)

Ok No try the following !!!!

b: Sell your Motif and then try SUICIDE.....(More money in the estate)

No No No Rather do this....

c: Commit Suicide with your MOTIF ...(Now that will be a first)

Sorry Radurobert we have a new clown!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 08:50 AM
radurobert
Total Posts:  794
Joined  03-05-2009
SkullSparkJoker - 11 August 2010 08:34 AM

Try the following

a: Try SUICIDE it works..... (Ok Sorry that was cruel)

Ok No try the following !!!!

b: Sell your Motif and then try SUICIDE.....(More money in the estate)

No No No Rather do this....

c: Commit Suicide with your MOTIF ...(Now that will be a first)

Sorry Radurobert we have a new clown!!

Sorry Joker. JOKER !! ))))). But my topics are only because i want a real support from Yamaha. And because i try to become good in english by learning how to write correct words . I’m not a Clown. Right Joker ?. Heeyy!!!! Joker is not a Clown ?? A crazy one ??.So u want Foley to suicide in 3 ways. U crazy mtf ))

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 09:11 AM
radore
Total Posts:  102
Joined  08-23-2008

YES there is a new synth, and NO you can’t afford it because you are too busy complaining, instead of producing music and making money!

MUSIC PRODUCTION SYNTHESIZER!!!

NOT A PC , NOT A MAC, NOT A MPC, NOT A NEKO/MIKO…

SYNTHESIZER for MUSIC PRODUCTION!!!

PSP Vintage warmer?!? Seriously?

Waveforms...hahahahahahahha… what for? Are you gonna produce music with them?

OK Bye Bye now.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 01:10 PM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

It’s becoming hard to tell one from the other .......

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 06:45 PM
dingo_klectos
Total Posts:  198
Joined  04-01-2004

Choice of words aside, I completely 100 percent agree with Foleycore on his rant!

This is what Yamaha US wrote--
“The reality is that Yamaha included in the XF all of the things that were technically possible given the engineering resources that were available.  You can wish all you want for your particular favorite feature, but that will unfortunately not make it reality.”

Dont you think this sounds very arrogant to your loyal customers Yamaha? how hard is it to include crossfade loop, a step sequencer editing (that you HAD in previous versions haha), or even a virtual analog synthesis like an1x or FM synthesis?

I understand the market research and all, but why did you have to take out the valuable features from previous generation like Motif classic?

Also, why is it so hard for you to introduce piano roll? If Korg could do it with M3 expanded, why cant you?

Ok, I wanted XLR input but you didn’t put it in....no probs. But try to do something software wise! not everyone is interested in a laptop or mac.

Bottom line is we are not asking you to make a songwriter or coffee maker..just basic tools that already exist among other manufacturers and some tools that existed in your OWN old generation arsenal. why all these steps backwards? don’t tell me that market research has shown that people don’t want a step sequencer!!! or that they don’t want a crossfade looper?

Only reason why you have a good customer base is because Yamaha has good sound quality and the products are made sturdy. But that doesn’t mean you can mock and choke the customers....that is what GM did and look what happened.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 06:45 PM
dingo_klectos
Total Posts:  198
Joined  04-01-2004

Choice of words aside, I completely 100 percent agree with Foleycore on his rant!

This is what Yamaha US wrote--
“The reality is that Yamaha included in the XF all of the things that were technically possible given the engineering resources that were available.  You can wish all you want for your particular favorite feature, but that will unfortunately not make it reality.”

Dont you think this sounds very arrogant to your loyal customers Yamaha? how hard is it to include crossfade loop, a step sequencer editing (that you HAD in previous versions haha), or even a virtual analog synthesis like an1x or FM synthesis?

I understand the market research and all, but why did you have to take out the valuable features from previous generation like Motif classic?

Also, why is it so hard for you to introduce piano roll? If Korg could do it with M3 expanded, why cant you?

Ok, I wanted XLR input but you didn’t put it in....no probs. But try to do something software wise! not everyone is interested in a laptop or mac.

Bottom line is we are not asking you to make a songwriter or coffee maker..just basic tools that already exist among other manufacturers and some tools that existed in your OWN old generation arsenal. why all these steps backwards? don’t tell me that market research has shown that people don’t want a step sequencer!!! or that they don’t want a crossfade looper?

Only reason why you have a good customer base is because Yamaha has good sound quality and the products are made sturdy. But that doesn’t mean you can mock and choke the customers....that is what GM did and look what happened.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 07:33 PM
drraw
Total Posts:  54
Joined  04-09-2010

foleycore7..what are you trying to say?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 09:01 PM
SuperPartyRobot
Total Posts:  125
Joined  10-19-2007

The users that are pointing out the shortcomings of Yamaha are obviously well educated, smart and know what everyone wants. It would be a no-brainer for them to apply their engineering expertise to creating our dream synth so we can buy the perfect workstation from them…

...oh wait.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 12, 2010 @ 12:11 AM
magnum
Total Posts:  135
Joined  05-16-2004

So the final version with all the multitude of upgrapdes should be called the XYZ, not the XS or the XF. Yamaha should even consider producing the Yamaha Australian version, the Yamaha INXS.

Truth be told that for the hefty price, and more often occuring upgrades, maybe Ymaha should wait and listen to the input from pro musicians and get it right once and for all. Therefore the final product… “Ladies and gentlemen, introducing the new Yamaha XYZ”

I rest my case…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 12, 2010 @ 02:19 AM
sciuriware
Joined  08-18-2003

May be that’s it: Yamaha listens to the pro’s,
not to the would-be’s in this forum.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 12, 2010 @ 04:23 AM
nchrist
Total Posts:  457
Joined  07-10-2009
sciuriware - 12 August 2010 02:19 AM

May be that’s it: Yamaha listens to the pro’s,
not to the would-be’s in this forum.

;JOOP!

It is partially true, but chances are that amateur musicians tend to buy more of the latest-and-greatest than the pro musicians who generally won’t find the time to learn a new product’s ins and outs amidst busy touring.

I can speak this from my experience: many of my pro-musician friends still have their Roland Juno106, JVs, Yamaha SY’s, EX5, Motif Classic, Korg Triton.

I on the other hand have Motif XS, M3...and soon Gaia…

Ofcourse this doesn’t apply to the celebrities who have full-time programmers, technicians and a lot of dispensible income: they can hire people to do a lot of work for them :)

I have tried to fight gear lust and go more ‘pro’ by focusing on bettering my musical and compositional abilities :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 12, 2010 @ 05:53 AM
miket156
Total Posts:  148
Joined  06-28-2004

The OP is harsh. There are limitations to any computer or musical instrument system. There is a given amount of resources available in any computer system. Even the latest and greatest new computer system will start to slow down when the processors start to get over-whelmed by user demands. When demands reach the limit of the capacity of a system, it fails. An analogy would be how much water can flow through the size of a pipe; pick a size, they all have limits.

And as musicians and potential buyers, we will only spend “so much” money in order to buy a new musical instrument. I’m sure Yamaha has sales volume data on what sells in what price ranges. Like any supplier, they know how much their customer base can afford to spend on musical instruments and then they build equipment that will fit into different price levels. It is the total cost of not only designing and manufacturing the hardware, but the programming and after the sale support of those products that come into the picture. Lets not forget the PEOPLE that have to be paid to do the work, their health benefits cost too. The availability of an adequate parts inventory, the software to keep track of it, and the personnel that is needed to take care of the inventory. The buildings, computer and communications equipment, software to run their business, even shipping and receiving space and the people to run it. The list goes on and on. I am actually quite surprised that we have such a powerful musical tool available to us for a fraction of the cost of what that would have cost 25 years ago. Yamaha has introduced another Motif that has over 4 times the wave forms as my ES8 that I bought 6 years ago. There are a more user locations for sounds, and many of great features. They held the line on prices, which is pretty amazing because costs go up, not down.

I’m sure that Yamaha could build a more powerful synth with the capability that the OP is suggesting. They would have to charge a more money for it too.

No, none of the keyboards that Yamaha makes are perfect in the eyes of every user. Compromises have to be made in order to put out a product at a price level that customers can actually afford to buy. Yamaha won’t be going the Korg Oasys route any time soon. Korg learned a hard lesson from that synth, but apparently needed another dose of reality when they introduced the M3 at a slightly higher price than the Motif series. The M3 sat in dealer inventories and Korg warehouses because it was too expensive for what it does and how it sounds. Look at the prices of the M3 now. Reality check.

I don’t see Yamaha as sitting on their high-horse and giving us what they feel like giving us. The MI is a very competitive market with a limited number of buyers in each category. Yamaha has been more successful than the other companies that are in the music industry, and they haven’t accomplished that by using high handed snobbery as a business model.

Cheers,

Mike T.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 12, 2010 @ 06:06 AM
sciuriware
Joined  08-18-2003

Agree with most of both.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 12, 2010 @ 07:02 AM
SHUJINCELL
Total Posts:  39
Joined  07-25-2008
miket156 - 12 August 2010 05:53 AM

And as musicians and potential buyers, we will only spend “so much” money in order to buy a new musical instrument. I’m sure Yamaha has sales volume data on what sells in what price ranges. Like any supplier, they know how much their customer base can afford to spend on musical instruments and then they build equipment that will fit into different price levels. It is the total cost of not only designing and manufacturing the hardware, but the programming and after the sale support of those products that come into the picture. Lets not forget the PEOPLE that have to be paid to do the work, their health benefits cost too. The availability of an adequate parts inventory, the software to keep track of it, and the personnel that is needed to take care of the inventory. The buildings, computer and communications equipment, software to run their business, even shipping and receiving space and the people to run it. The list goes on and on. I am actually quite surprised that we have such a powerful musical tool available to us for a fraction of the cost of what that would have cost 25 years ago. Yamaha has introduced another Motif that has over 4 times the wave forms as my ES8 that I bought 6 years ago. There are a more user locations for sounds, and many of great features. They held the line on prices, which is pretty amazing because costs go up, not down.

I’m sure that Yamaha could build a more powerful synth with the capability that the OP is suggesting. They would have to charge a more money for it too.

No, none of the keyboards that Yamaha makes are perfect in the eyes of every user. Compromises have to be made in order to put out a product at a price level that customers can actually afford to buy. Yamaha won’t be going the Korg Oasys route any time soon. Korg learned a hard lesson from that synth, but apparently needed another dose of reality when they introduced the M3 at a slightly higher price than the Motif series. The M3 sat in dealer inventories and Korg warehouses because it was too expensive for what it does and how it sounds. Look at the prices of the M3 now. Reality check.

I don’t see Yamaha as sitting on their high-horse and giving us what they feel like giving us. The MI is a very competitive market with a limited number of buyers in each category. Yamaha has been more successful than the other companies that are in the music industry, and they haven’t accomplished that by using high handed snobbery as a business model.

Cheers,

Mike T.

If Yamaha is the ‘most successful’ keyboard maker in the business, where’s their Oasys equivalent? if the
y were so successful, they should’ve had one before korg. Im from ohio..I can say with confidence that no music dealer in this state has EVER sold one, or have one on display. Now with that being said, let’s say the XF comes out and my retailer is fortunate enough to stock one within 3 months of its launch, since out of packaging you’re missing ‘what makes the keyboard good’ now you have to jump through hoops because the retailer that was lucky enough to get dead stock from another location, doesn’t have the money to stock the expansions that the keyboard should come with. You can hate on the Oasys all yyou want but that was the most complete synth out of box I’ve ever heard of. That’s what we call ‘product’ because it comes with everything you need. So oasys wasn’t nowhere near a failure so I don’t know what you’re talkin about. The Oasys had its market and if you aske me the only thing Korg messed up with is releasing it to early because home music production wasn’t as popular. Korg has more success with the KP3 alone than anything Yamaha has put out.Now korg has a financial institution setup so there’s no telling what type of budget they’ll have to work with in their new line of products. Yamaha has one too, its just unheard of. I would love to see a modern day version of the Oasys, I think the market needs it.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 3

Previous Topic:

‹‹ XF $100 cheaper than XS !?!
Next Topic:

Open Labs Sale ››