mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Has Motif XF “Super Articulation 2"(Tyros3) sounds…or a few even better (Tyros4) ?"

Page 2 of 5
Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 06:09 AM
buhuhu
Total Posts:  39
Joined  02-04-2010

Tyros 3 it is a hobby for 2500$

Just take a look to the “hobby” keyboard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYZzzzIbZjo

Romanian music party. NEVER make this with just MOTIF!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih800yH4uPE

P.S. Tyros 3 have more then “Performance up to 4 Parts”, BIGGER DISPLAY, VGA out, HDD but don’t have hammer action keys.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 06:53 AM
jan bruijn
Total Posts:  4952
Joined  04-30-2005

Buhuhu,

Music123 is selling the TYROS3 for 4.600 dlrs. So not for 2.500. Official Yamaha price is about 5.500 dlrs. Speaking about hobby machine?

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 08:12 AM
Rob'n
Total Posts:  153
Joined  10-30-2007

I think the discussion is getting out of hand.
I guess the word ‘hobby’ was meant more for the Clavinova. I don’t think Yamaha wants to argue with all the pro’s in Germany (like their own Michel Vonken) who use arrangers instead of workstations.
But both are targeted to different users, how many entertainers do we see with a Motif and how many producers use a Tyros?

What was the question from the topic starter again? :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 08:19 AM
jan bruijn
Joined  04-30-2005

Robin,

You are right. The question was about SA2 TYROS voices. The answer from Yamaha_US was: SA2 voices are just designed for Hobbyists using the TYROS3 and the Clavinova’s. LOL.

Assuming that the PRO’s using the MOTIF’s would be not interested in such quality SA2 voices. So be it. However, I can amagine that sound studio’s are using the T’s just for those SA2 sounds.

Thats what I should do.

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 09:01 AM
bengertje
Total Posts:  155
Joined  09-15-2009
Jote - 11 August 2010 04:50 AM

Wha? Many of T2/3 acoustic sounds are much better than those in XS.

I don’t agree.

Before buying the Motif XS, I’ve also tried a Tyros 2. (Tried simultaneously on the same speakers)

But the acoustic sounds of the XS are much better.
More detailed, much much warmer and more realistic in my opinion.

Tyros 2 sounds synthetic! XS sounds professional, especially after editing some voices (like voicebank Symphonic Suite)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 09:07 AM
jan bruijn
Joined  04-30-2005

bengertje,

The TYROS2 has not SA2 voices?

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 10:27 AM
tuquoque
Total Posts:  563
Joined  08-15-2007
jan bruijn - 11 August 2010 06:53 AM

Buhuhu,

Music123 is selling the TYROS3 for 4.600 dlrs. So not for 2.500. Official Yamaha price is about 5.500 dlrs. Speaking about hobby machine?

Jan

Ok, it is a Very Expensive Hobby Machine.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 10:38 AM
DmitryKo
Total Posts:  1483
Joined  07-25-2002
tuquoque - 11 August 2010 10:27 AM

Ok, it is a Very Expensive Hobby Machine.

And the Most Expensive Hobby Machine (or the Most Expensive Furniture) award goes to Disclavier and Clavinova. (Same engine as 9000/Tyros by the way).
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 10:46 AM
Jote
Total Posts:  1549
Joined  07-29-2002
bengertje - 11 August 2010 09:01 AM

I don’t agree.

Before buying the Motif XS, I’ve also tried a Tyros 2. (Tried simultaneously on the same speakers)

Well, then you have missed all the spectacular brass and trumpet articulations (falls, gliss up, shakes - which by the way Yamaha brought to the XF - at least a subset of them). Not to mention the strings and tremolo strings.

Oh yes, and not to mention the new stuff that came with T3 (the SA2 Clarinet and Jazz Guitar)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 02:36 PM
bengertje
Joined  09-15-2009
Jote - 11 August 2010 10:46 AM

I don’t agree.

Well, then you have missed all the spectacular brass and trumpet articulations (falls, gliss up, shakes - which by the way Yamaha brought to the XF - at least a subset of them). Not to mention the strings and tremolo strings.

Oh yes, and not to mention the new stuff that came with T3 (the SA2 Clarinet and Jazz Guitar)

No I don’t have missed the articulations.
I spoke about the soundquality.

Believe me, the motif xs sounds a lot better.

And about the articulations.
You’re right, the Tyros have more articulations, but that does not mean it’s better.
The Tyros articulations are not natural. The keyboard add this artuculations whenever it wants. (Not when YOU want it).
For example: Sometimes the tyros add this articlations to many times.

You’ve influence on it, but not enough (in my opinion).

In the Motif XS you can add a lot (not all the) articlations from the Tyros at the moment you want, as with a real instrument. For example: Symphonic Suite. Chech out the pdf-manual in the shop (a lot of live playable articulations).

You can do a lot with it, but you’ve to know how to edit/program the voices.

It’s not as easy as with the Tyros, but that’s the challenge!
And the result (after a lot of programming work and practising how to play this voices) is MUCH better.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 02:37 PM
bengertje
Joined  09-15-2009
jan bruijn - 11 August 2010 09:07 AM

bengertje,

The TYROS2 has not SA2 voices?

Jan

dank je wel jan,

dat weet ik. ik sprak in eertse instantie ook over de tyros 2

Groetjes van een Hollander :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 06:02 PM
SynthHog
Total Posts:  25
Joined  09-09-2002
bengertje - 11 August 2010 02:36 PM

I don’t agree.

You’re right, the Tyros have more articulations, but that does not mean it’s better.
The Tyros articulations are not natural. The keyboard add this artuculations whenever it wants. (Not when YOU want it).

In the Motif XS you can add a lot (not all the) articlations from the Tyros at the moment you want, as with a real instrument. For example: Symphonic Suite. Chech out the pdf-manual in the shop (a lot of live playable articulations).

And the result (after a lot of programming work and practising how to play this voices) is MUCH better.

Sorry my friend but i have both a Motif XS7 & Tyros 3 & believe me the Tyros sounds way better....
Anyone who listens to my setup through Yamaha HS80m’s always comment how the Tyros sounds the best…
Also your wrong in that you say you can’t influence the articulations correct via playing? You can perfectly....
You do realise that the Tyros 3 also has 2 articulation buttons like the Motif XS for the same control?

Motif is the winner for Synth stuff but Orchestral/Real instruments Tyros-3 way superior....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 06:09 PM
Aryn
Total Posts:  26
Joined  06-25-2009
SynthHog - 11 August 2010 06:02 PM

Motif is the winner for Synth stuff but Orchestral/Real instruments Tyros-3 way superior....

This is the truth !

I had Motif XS7 and Tyros 3 and I compared .

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 12, 2010 @ 01:27 AM
bengertje
Joined  09-15-2009
SynthHog - 11 August 2010 06:02 PM
bengertje - 11 August 2010 02:36 PM

I don’t agree.

Sorry my friend but i have both a Motif XS7 & Tyros 3 & believe me the Tyros sounds way better....
Anyone who listens to my setup through Yamaha HS80m’s always comment how the Tyros sounds the best…
Also your wrong in that you say you can’t influence the articulations correct via playing? You can perfectly....
You do realise that the Tyros 3 also has 2 articulation buttons like the Motif XS for the same control?

I spoke about the Tyros 2.
Not about the Tyros 3.

And believe me.
A motif XS in combination with a good voice library like Symphonic Suite, sound much much better than the original voices from the Motig XS. Maybe as good (or better) as a T3 (but I’ve never compared this).

Best Regards,

Gert

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 12, 2010 @ 03:55 AM
jan bruijn
Joined  04-30-2005

Gert,

You can Use the TYROS2 and 3 also with good voice libraries if you feel the need for it. The question was the sound quality of the internal voices of the synthesizers and how you can use them.

For playing the voices of voice libraries like EAST WEST you do not need synethesizers like the MOTIF or TYROS, you only need a powerful PC and a good midi keyboard.

Gert je moet niet appels met peren vergelijken.

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 5

Previous Topic:

‹‹ And speaking of Arps....
Next Topic:

A little perspective on the XS and XF ››