mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "mLan vs FW16E (should we care?)"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: August 07, 2010 @ 05:02 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I currently have my mLAN16E2 in my XF, so, yes, you can. I am, of course, using the Yamaha Steinberg FW driver.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 07, 2010 @ 06:13 PM
kokocalamar
Total Posts:  113
Joined  01-28-2007

You have the XF?!! (Well, of course you do.)

Is your serial 007?.. ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 19, 2010 @ 07:54 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

I currently have my mLAN16E2 in my XF, so, yes, you can. I am, of course, using the Yamaha Steinberg FW driver.

BM, does it mean that if I buy XF and put mLAN16E2 in it I could choose either mLAN or FW like on XS?
If yes, I would be very satisfied, since I don’t have plan to trade my ES with mLAN in it.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2010 @ 12:38 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

As far as I know, you can only use the Motif XF with the new YSFW driver… even if you have an mLAN16E2 in it. There is only an option to select FW. But I will confirm this for you…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2010 @ 03:21 PM
jxsbebop
Total Posts:  191
Joined  08-06-2010

I am interested in this question as well.  I have an ES & XS.  I’m considering selling them (and maybe some other boards I got) and then get a XF.

I still use my 01x & i88x.  When I’m recording parts the Motif is my go to sound source.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2010 @ 06:46 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

The Motif XF will not communicate in a network with the old mLAN Tools Driver. The XF must use the new Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver when using firewire connectivity.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2010 @ 11:25 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
Bad_Mister - 20 August 2010 06:46 PM

The Motif XF will not communicate in a network with the old mLAN Tools Driver. The XF must use the new Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver when using firewire connectivity.

What a pity ;(. I know that we must go further, but I didn’t know why Yamaha remove this option since it exist on XS. Now I’m considering buying XS8 with some bundle.
Nevertheless, BM thank’s a lot for clarification!

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 23, 2010 @ 03:29 PM
jxsbebop
Total Posts:  191
Joined  08-06-2010

Yes, thanks, Bad_Mister.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2012 @ 10:29 AM
Zentrails
Total Posts:  1
Joined  08-07-2012
nbadesign - 22 August 2010 11:25 AM
Bad_Mister - 20 August 2010 06:46 PM

What a pity ;(. I know that we must go further, but I didn’t know why Yamaha remove this option since it exist on XS. Now I’m considering buying XS8 with some bundle.
Nevertheless, BM thank’s a lot for clarification!

Alex

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but is there anyone on here like me who has both an mLAN setup (I have 01x, i88x, ES6 mlan16E with 3 PLG boards & Cubase) AND a Motif XF with FW16E.

Computers are cheap, so I have an older laptop and a desktop both running XP which are dedicated to mLAN.

I want to augment that with a newer Win 7 computer hooked up to my XF via the FW16E to Cubase.

Obviously, I can write music using either system separately, but has anyone had any luck merging the two systems together in a final mix one way or the other or is it impossible to sync two different computers running Cubase together?

Or can you say, start a song using the XF & Cubase, save it, then transfer it to the older computer, load it up in Cubase on that computer and add more to it using the mLAN system?

I can send the digital out from the XF to the digital IN on my i88x and sell the FW16E card, is that my best option, since I don’t want to buy a new digital mixer right now?

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Where are the step mode recording & piano roll then?
Next Topic:

XF in the middle east ››