mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Where are the step mode recording & piano roll then?"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: August 05, 2010 @ 12:17 PM
phreaque_modi
Total Posts:  679
Joined  02-12-2006

Come on I’ve been crying out like an unpaid bitch for those features & I’m sure enough there are many users need them too. Where are they in the “freaking whole new” XF?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 05, 2010 @ 12:33 PM
botega
Total Posts:  1174
Joined  03-16-2007

I’d give up the stupid Piano roll&Step;recording for at least 100 different features that i wanted and weren’t implemented in the XF, should i write a Megillah ?

(:

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 05, 2010 @ 08:17 PM
phreaque_modi
Joined  02-12-2006
botega - 05 August 2010 12:33 PM

should i write a Megillah ?

LOL nice one… The ironic thing is, “We listened to user’s requests” Yamaha says. Who are we then? We didn’t agree to add those flash rams, right?
I’ve been saying that all the time, Yamaha is linked to Steinberg by now, and they won’t make the motif stand alone like before.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 05, 2010 @ 09:54 PM
botega
Total Posts:  1174
Joined  03-16-2007

Dear Phreaque, i wish Yamaha good luck, respect, and in the meantime will wait for another attraction to hit the market… somethimg quite different this time i suppose.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 05, 2010 @ 11:37 PM
dingo_klectos
Total Posts:  198
Joined  04-01-2004

Check the Molounge: i cry for the step record mode (like a groovebox) and Yamaha cheerleaders persecute me for suggesting that saying that I should ‘learn’ how to create beats with my hands...GREAT USER CONSIDERATION, Yamaha!

I totally agree with you Phreaque - by now Yammaha should have given us the Piano Roll, Step Sequencer, Crossfade-looping sampling edit, XLR input, FM/AN synthesis and what not..then it would have been worth a buy.

Just the updated ‘looks cool’ color scheme and GUI and flash memory won’t cut it for me, sorry Yamaha.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2010 @ 08:22 AM
phreaque_modi
Joined  02-12-2006

Hi guys,
It’s cool that we’re still agree to add those features.
Why don’t we make a poll to know other user’s interests? If the results are in our side, we will demand Yamaha officials to add our needed features. Else we ban them Hehehe (well, actually I did that when I sold my XS7). What do you think?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2010 @ 11:07 AM
youdog
Total Posts:  482
Joined  01-31-2009

I wish the XF had more of the features that we are talking about, but yamaha still makes the best sounding workstation. Roland is a little ahead on features and Korg is ahead on ease to uses so to me Yamaha still is all and all the BEST.

Yamaha if it’s away to make the XF with a update go up to 192 notes p and hold 1024 user voices I will Buy it.

1. I feel to fully use 8 Element we need at least 192 notes p.
2. I feel it take at least 1024 users v to fully use 741MB + 128MB + 2GB Flash.

If you just add them above 2 features many more of us XS owner will upgrade to the XF and buy more voice & simples libraries from SHOP Motifator Store. This will help Dave DCP, K sounds, Digital sound Factory, Peter K easy sounds, Buyer and Yamaha can I get a AMEN.

CAN YOU DO IT? WILL YOU DO IT? YOU NEED TO DO IT! I HOPE YOU DO IT!

LOVE YOU BAD MISTER. we know it’s not you but I wish Yamaha ask folk like You, Dave and maybe Dreamflight before they start to build.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2010 @ 11:20 AM
phreaque_modi
Joined  02-12-2006
youdog - 06 August 2010 11:07 AM

Yamaha if it’s away to make the XF with a update go up to 192 notes p and hold 1024 user voices I will Buy it.

1. I feel to fully use 8 Element we at least 192 notes p.

I appreciate your input here, but we want this thread dedicated to step recording & piano roll request.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2010 @ 02:18 PM
WesEXer
Total Posts:  336
Joined  10-29-2003
phreaque_modi - 06 August 2010 11:20 AM

I appreciate your input here, but we want this thread dedicated to step recording & piano roll request.

I’ll admit, I’m surprised the step recording wasn’t added after how much it was lamented here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2010 @ 02:19 PM
WesEXer
Total Posts:  336
Joined  10-29-2003
phreaque_modi - 06 August 2010 11:20 AM

I’ll admit, I’m surprised the step recording wasn’t added after how much it was lamented here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2010 @ 04:06 PM
dorremifasol
Total Posts:  1534
Joined  10-17-2005

I really thought the new Motif would have step recording back, just like the old Motifs, the RS7000 and so on… It’s still a good creative tool. I still can’t understand why it has been dropped, along with the breath controller. Those two were my favorite features.

Just for the record, I NEVER use arpegios, as I like make my own music. But what, now you have more than 7000 of them in the XF. Oh man, it’s really depressing…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2010 @ 09:34 PM
dingo_klectos
Joined  04-01-2004
dorremifasol - 06 August 2010 04:06 PM

I really thought the new Motif would have step recording back, just like the old Motifs, the RS7000 and so on… It’s still a good creative tool. I still can’t understand why it has been dropped, along with the breath controller. Those two were my favorite features.

Just for the record, I NEVER use arpegios, as I like make my own music. But what, now you have more than 7000 of them in the XF. Oh man, it’s really depressing…

Yeah it is REALLY STUPID of yamaha to drop step recording like on the original motif. It seems they are going more and more backwards in many respects:
Original had step recording, different types of synthesis
ES had step recording, different types of synthesis...ES was the best ‘upgrade’ so far.
XS dropped step recording, alternate synthesis, but still had mlan
XF: none of the above features, no mlan, a miserable disappointment!

Korg listened! they have us piano roll and DAW style editing using stylus with M3 Xpanded (the best update ever)

Roland has great features: piano roll, daw style editing, excellent graphics. Well Fantom-G didn’t have multi-sampling initially (a dumb corporate decision) but the hue and cry from Roland fans made the company release an OS update with multisampling immediately.

Yamaha...its been 3 years crying for step recording...no answer, nothing. Don’t you cheerleaders get it?

And those of you say about sound quality, who are you kidding? yamaha does have good real-world sounds but for synthesizer madness, korg/roland will give yamaha a run.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2010 @ 09:37 PM
dingo_klectos
Joined  04-01-2004

Yamaha was the most innovative company one time: FDSP, VL1 (virtual acoustic modeling), 8 operator FM (FS1R), AN1x (what a juicy synth)..now look at yamaha lol.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 07, 2010 @ 03:22 AM
phreaque_modi
Joined  02-12-2006

Great this thread is growing up :) I think it’s good idea to start making a poll now…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2010 @ 05:26 PM
phreaque_modi
Joined  02-12-2006

Bump… Should we buy the Motif XF and then start complaining about the missed features?
Yamaha_US please join us here…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2010 @ 06:47 PM
jimandchris
Total Posts:  101
Joined  08-01-2002

Feel free to start your poll. I agree to an extent on this issue as I have Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease, a common inherited neurological disorders effecting my fingers, needing step-record. Trust me.
But this new synth is set in motion for the majority of what I call “Real players” who have full range of motion.
end state: I’m with Yamaha on the XF.
That’s just my opinion, I could be wrong.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Please Simplify...My head is swimming
Next Topic:

mLan vs FW16E (should we care?) ››