mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Yamaha, sorry but you’ll need to do better than that!"

Page 4 of 4
Posted on: August 08, 2010 @ 12:06 AM
miket156
Total Posts:  148
Joined  06-28-2004

I’ll be Mr. obvious and state that the XF is going to be the biggest selling MOTIF yet.

A lot of XS owners are whining, but the rest of us that own an older model couldn’t be happier about this new model.

Cheers,

Mike T.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 08, 2010 @ 01:43 AM
MoGut
Total Posts:  1535
Joined  05-08-2004
miket156 - 08 August 2010 12:06 AM

I’ll be Mr. obvious and state that the XF is going to be the biggest selling MOTIF yet.

A lot of XS owners are whining, but the rest of us that own an older model couldn’t be happier about this new model.

Cheers,

Mike T.

I don’t know. I wouldn’t say it’s obvious the XF will be the biggest seller of all the models. When you consider there’s a good percentage of motif owners (3 previous models worth) who will never upgrade to the current model XF, that’s a factor that might be bigger than you might think. I suppose if the XF is a long running model, or possibly the last of the series, then I might agree. But to assume the current model is the best selling model based on the great new/more features, I’m not sure that’s always going to be true. Of course, I wouldn’t know for sure as I’m guessing.

I would love to know which model yamaha had the most sales with. I have a hunch the ES was a big seller. Based on the success of the classic and the growing popularity at the time, I would have known the ES or the first (2) models to be the big sellers over the later models.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 08, 2010 @ 12:47 PM
miket156
Total Posts:  148
Joined  06-28-2004

Mogut:

You could be right. What I am looking at is the number of Motif and Motif ES series that are going to be potential customers for the XF. It is a more significant upgrade for Motif and Motif ES owners than XS owners. But how many will upgrade?

One factor is the owners of older models could possibly sell their older models to players that can’t afford a new one; a guitar or bass player that has to do dual duties and already has a different rig and investment in equipment and can’t justify buying a new XF. If owners of older models get a fair price for their used Motifs, that would help buy a new one with less out-of-pocket cash to get an XF. Being that add-on devices are optional, new XF owners will not be paying for anything they may not use. The selling price of the XF is the same as the XS series, and new owners could buy the options they want one board at a time as they gather more money to expand their XF.

Time will tell, but I do believe the XF will sell real well.

Cheers,

Mike T.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 4 of 4

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Won’t be buying a new Yamaha synthesizer...
Next Topic:

Pro-Tools anyone?!? ››