mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOTIF XF BABY!!! I LOVE YOU YAMAHA!!"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: August 04, 2010 @ 04:08 PM
nchrist
Total Posts:  457
Joined  07-10-2009

Frankly I see no need to get one (since I have an XS).

Once I can see at the very minimum RS7000 style grid-step sequencing, I will consider it.

Soundwise, it has the same character as the XS.

Other technical specs for the most parts (FX, filters, envelopes) are the same as XS.

Similar to XS, there is no Virtual Analog (AN1x) or FM (DX7)

Flash ROM, GUI display, color scheme are some worthy improvements, but it doesn’t warrant the price.

Frankly, I think Yamaha can update the XS to put grid-step sequencing (I am willing to pay for this update reasonable cost!)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 05, 2010 @ 03:07 AM
djlowkey
Total Posts:  119
Joined  12-06-2008

QUOTE...Do you not realize the XF IS a XS with a LITTLE extra?? Flash IS great, but youd be buying it to sit alongside your XS?? CRAZY!
A little redundant I must say. If youre going to get the XF, think about it for a sec. Compare the specs, REALLY compare them. It IS an XS. I would recommend selling your XS if youre going to buy the XF. I try to think logically though.
-Joseph

Maybe I should of mentioned that I love my XS8 so much that I wanted to maybe buy a 66 key version to have to ability to load all the sounds I wanted...Figured 2 XS’s X 2GM Each would be a dream come true! Now I simply get to replace that with an XF 66 and get all these AMAZINGLY IMPORTANT FEATURES (TO ME). If it sounds Exactly the Same then I may go ahead and trade in my XS88 for an XF.

IM A SYNTH GUY! I LOVE EACH SYNTH FOR WHAT IT DOES!! YAMAHA, KORG, ROLAND, WHATEVER!!! EACH HAS ITS OWN FLAWS AND SECRETS~!!!! ILL TELL YOU THIS THOUGH...ONCE EVERYONE IN THE WORLD SEES WHAT IMMA DO WITH THAT XF...THEN EVERYONES MIND WILL CHANGE!! FOR THE BETTER OF COURSE!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 05, 2010 @ 03:30 AM
SirJoseph
Total Posts:  199
Joined  03-06-2008
djlowkey - 05 August 2010 03:07 AM

Maybe I should of mentioned that I love my XS8 so much that I wanted to maybe buy a 66 key version to have to ability to load all the sounds I wanted...Figured 2 XS’s X 2GM Each would be a dream come true! Now I simply get to replace that with an XF 66 and get all these AMAZINGLY IMPORTANT FEATURES (TO ME). If it sounds Exactly the Same then I may go ahead and trade in my XS88 for an XF.

IM A SYNTH GUY! I LOVE EACH SYNTH FOR WHAT IT DOES!! YAMAHA, KORG, ROLAND, WHATEVER!!! EACH HAS ITS OWN FLAWS AND SECRETS~!!!! ILL TELL YOU THIS THOUGH...ONCE EVERYONE IN THE WORLD SEES WHAT IMMA DO WITH THAT XF...THEN EVERYONES MIND WILL CHANGE!! FOR THE BETTER OF COURSE!!!!

I dont believe they make a 66key. You may be thinking of the 61key. It goes 61, 76, 88. However, in the case of you wanting a 61key to accompany your XS8, then go for it! Im sure Yamy will LOVE to hear that! You could have a set of twins. One born a few minutes later, with a dark complexion, breast implants and a big ole phat a**. Maybe stubbier legs. I would take the younger, sexier of the two and brainwash the b**** until she knows NOTHING of her past. That way you may have twins, but both have their own distinctive voices. In other words, DONT USE STOCK SOUNDS ON BOTH BOARDS.
-Joseph

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XF , can we layer drums samples ?
Next Topic:

Editing Sequencer tracks ››