mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif-Rack XF"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 12:05 PM
Lemonjam
Total Posts:  38
Joined  08-02-2010

When we will see the rack version of the Motif XF?!)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 12:31 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3019
Joined  01-25-2005

Considering the past history of Motif rack units, not until next year.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 03, 2010 @ 11:00 AM
Lemonjam
Total Posts:  38
Joined  08-02-2010

Hey, somebody from Yamaha,please,answer me on my question!!!
Thank You!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2010 @ 07:22 AM
shakil
Total Posts:  102
Joined  11-28-2002

If history is repeated, then I think there won’t be much difference between XF and XS rack other than the addition ROM on XF.

I don’t think XF rack will offer a sequencer, sampler, and Flash option.  I do want to be incorrect on this.  If YAMAHA can release a fully functional XF rack (same as XF keyboard without keys)… similar to EX5 Rack.... then that would be awesome!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2010 @ 09:03 AM
youdog
Total Posts:  482
Joined  01-30-2009
Lemonjam - 02 August 2010 12:05 PM

When we will see the rack version of the Motif XF?!)

The Motif XS Rack is the rack version of Both the XS and XF.
ComeOn 1024 of the same sounds plus 128 new sounds.

If you have a XS and don’t need the Flash board for simples you just don’t need a XF.

IF you don’t have a XS and want the XF sound wait to next month and buy the XS rack or XS6 board.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2010 @ 10:08 AM
kims
Total Posts:  20
Joined  04-15-2009

A Motif XF rack would be killer :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 17, 2010 @ 10:15 AM
keytarhero
Total Posts:  305
Joined  07-03-2008

I agree and responded to a similar post.  For Yamaha to release an XF rack and have it lack flash, would be very ridiculous.  It would be nice if they could at least include the sampling.  Sequencing and vocoder?  That would be amazing as well, but I’m betting on the fact that if a XF Rack is released it will have flash...or again, that wouldn’t make any sense to have one. 

The XS Rack is an awesome powerhorse, but Yamaha understands the future in maintaing the best quality and best library of voices.  Some of us XS users have felt the pain of our decision for convenience of a rack, when realizing the amount of sample-based libraries in which we missed out on and ways of creating new voices in which we lacked the capability of sampling. 

Board users seemed to be hurt by the volatile memory thing (which is annoying, because although alot of us like to work with a computer to record and sequence at home, the point of having hardware is so we don’t have to rely on our software on the road and while performing).  So, Yamaha gets it done with the Flash idea!  My guess (fingers crossed) is that they bring the Flash capability and sampling capability to the Rack XF to make us happy =) and steal any potential customers trying to go towards Roland…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2010 @ 01:04 PM
keytarhero
Total Posts:  305
Joined  07-03-2008

If my research is correct, the Motif XS boards were released “3/2007.”
I had pre-ordered my Motif Rack XS and received it (when it first started shipping) at the end of June 2008.
Hope that helps any anxious folks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2010 @ 05:23 PM
Gospelpad160
Total Posts:  316
Joined  01-25-2006

Just for the fact that the “F” in XF stands for Flash if a Motif Rack XF does indeed comes out it will be one of the best modules ever made “PERIOD”.  I would hope that Yamaha would not take away firewire connectivity, which was a big improvement over the first two versions.

Adding Flash to the Motif Rack would either add sampling capability or at least sample playback and would turn the Rack into a powerful tone generator indeed!!!!  The Rack would be able to load samples in and use the firewire connection with a DAW to create a great interface.  add two combo AD inputs and that machine is smoking!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2010 @ 07:58 PM
pianokim
Total Posts:  810
Joined  02-09-2003

Now THAT I would buy!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2010 @ 04:58 AM
P5music
Total Posts:  257
Joined  11-01-2005

Now THAT I would buy!

Sorry but you are wrong, marketing experts at Yamaha have thought that you better buy a keyboard, even if your room is full of keyboards of any size, old Motif models too, so do not think wrong thoughts, you would buy the keyboard version.

Just for the fact that the “F” in XF stands for Flash if a Motif Rack XF does indeed comes out it will be one of the best modules ever made “PERIOD”.

yes, but pray that it can receive midi data from a computer and a keyboard at the same time.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2010 @ 10:29 AM
Gospelpad160
Total Posts:  316
Joined  01-25-2006

The original rack could do this on a mac so I’m sure that the new one would be able to as well.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 28, 2010 @ 01:13 AM
stephenchoi
Total Posts:  37
Joined  07-09-2009

I, for one, am hoping that the XF Rack will be at least a 2 Rack Unit.  I find the 1 rack unit XS rack too cramped.  Just my wishlist, but I hope Yamaha manufactures the XF rack:

1) 2 Rack Units - like a Roland xv-5080 form
2) even better - 4RU like the Yamaha EX5R
3) even better - 4RU like the V-Synth XT and keeping the large screen of the XF keyboards.

I’d vote for having a larger (2-4 rack units) with a larger screen display and more controls over a space saving 1 unit rack.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 28, 2010 @ 01:13 AM
stephenchoi
Total Posts:  37
Joined  07-09-2009

I, for one, am hoping that the XF Rack will be at least a 2 Rack Unit.  I find the 1 rack unit XS rack too cramped.  Just my wishlist, but I hope Yamaha manufactures the XF rack:

1) 2 Rack Units - like a Roland xv-5080 form
2) even better - 4RU like the Yamaha EX5R
3) even better - 4RU like the V-Synth XT and keeping the large screen of the XF keyboards.

I’d vote for having a larger (2-4 rack units) with a larger screen display and more controls over a space saving 1 unit rack.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 28, 2010 @ 04:40 AM
pianokim
Total Posts:  810
Joined  02-09-2003

Now THAT I wouldn’t buy - 1U rules

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 21, 2011 @ 04:33 PM
maccin64
Total Posts:  3
Joined  02-04-2010

picture of new motif xf rack