mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF Answers"

Page 7 of 9
Posted on: August 06, 2010 @ 05:47 PM
yamaha76
Total Posts:  237
Joined  01-03-2010

Bonjour Yamaha US Team,

We (MO-USERS)are waiting too with impatience this new XF.
When can we expect to see it on sale in France?

Thanks for your reply!

Best regards.

yamaha76

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2010 @ 06:53 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

As you may know the US has no influence or control over when or even if a product ships in France. You should contact your regional Yamaha distributor.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2010 @ 07:02 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

As far as the number of waveforms, we had a file with over 2200 waveforms in it installed in Flash so if there is a limit we couldn’t find it. However we will check.  BTW, Japan is on vacation next week so some details will need to wait until we can confirm, but we have a good deal of the detailed info here already.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2010 @ 07:28 PM
radurobert
Total Posts:  794
Joined  03-05-2009
Yamaha_US - 06 August 2010 07:02 PM

As far as the number of waveforms, we had a file with over 2200 waveforms in it installed in Flash so if there is a limit we couldn’t find it. However we will check.  BTW, Japan is on vacation next week so some details will need to wait until we can confirm, but we have a good deal of the detailed info here already.

aaha so u like to have a lot of waveforms....i have only a few that i like -(

(and for me XSPand Pack that u give me, means 0 and i think is 0..)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2010 @ 08:13 PM
shakil
Total Posts:  102
Joined  11-28-2002

Thanks.  2200+ waveforms in Flash.. that’s all good!!  Note it’s waveforms, each waveform could have 128 samples linked to it.  So one could have 281600+ wavesamples on the Flash.  Imagine how many Kits you can make with those.... and if XF had 32+ parts!!!!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2010 @ 08:36 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

So one could have 281600+ wavesamples on the Flash.  Imagine how many Kits you can make with those....

Please don’t speculate on the number of samples… often the limit is one of those “which ever comes first” things.

For example, there are 64 SONG locations, you can fill them but if you fill the note limitation first…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2010 @ 08:41 PM
Aryn
Total Posts:  26
Joined  06-25-2009

Hi all,

I was the owner of Motif XS7 and I want to use the electronic music scene in the manner of performance, but is limited to 4 multi-timbral, made me feel restricted, and for this situation we have sold.

I thought that Yamaha will surpass this limit and will climb to at least 8 multi-timbral performance mode, but I was disappointed again, still remained at four, the park would be blocked from this number.

I have friends who are excited by Motif, but avoid buying it as is only 4 multi-timbral in mode performance.

Motif XF is interesting, but remains limited the 4 multi-timbral in mode performance, and that does not meet my needs on stage.

Yamaha may consider and user requirements and to do something to Motif XF to extend even to 8 multi-timbral in performance mode?

I would like Motif XF, but with 8 multi-timbral in performance mode.

Excuse the translation!

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2010 @ 09:26 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Please tell your friends that the individual VOICE in the Motif-series is 8 ELEMENTS (8 multi-samples) so each Voice can be several sounds.

For example, a VOICE could be Piano and Strings, so you can easily have more sounds in a PERFORMANCE than just 4. If your friends are looking to control 8 sounds at once this is very typical of arranger type keyboards like our Tyros3.

When you are controlling STYLES in an arranger you have 8 PARTS as follows:
PERCUSSION
DRUM KIT
BASS
RHYTHMIC CHORDAL 1
RHYTHMIC CHORDAL 2
PAD
PHRASE (RIFF) 1
PHRASE (RIFF) 2

STYLES differ a bit from the ARPEGGIOS as in the Motif-series. STYLES are found in Arrangers like the Tyros, and ARPEGGIOS are found in the Motif-Series. It may be a bit difficult to explain to you the difference but ARPEGGIOS are designed to be a just a bit more interactive and are designed to be transferred (recorded as MIDI data) to the sequencer… not to be an entire backing band (that is different type of keyboard).

STYLES pretty much follow a chord instruction and do a predetermined thing for the duration… while you can setup the arpeggiators to be a bit more interactive - and your control is a bit more intimate. You have to try them to really understand what I’m talking about. Arpeggios can be feel adjusted and can be set individually to respond a certain way… where the 8 PART backings of a STYLE are a bit more what they are.

Out of curiousity what would an 8 PART PERFORMANCE do for you? What type of thing are you looking for? Please let us know.

Image Attachments
pianostrings.JPG
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2010 @ 10:18 PM
Aryn
Joined  06-25-2009

My Music is Berlin School/ Klaus Schulze, which has several arpeggios simultaneously, which is rhythm section, but with pads and sounds at the same time which interferes with the melody, so you need to have at least 8 parts multi-timbral mode performance to be able to quickly change between them in real time on stage.

In Motif XS, struggled very much to change tones for different arpeggios in real time, as it must run through the menu and never had time, but if I had 8 parts multi-timbral in mode performance (8 parts arpeggios to them used in various combinations and when you stop to work only for the melody tone), otherwise I would have done, because we had all 8 hand and just combine them together in real time.

The above situation has nothing to do with the 5 scenes !

So we need to work with arpeggios, not Tyros!

Yamaha is sensitive to users’ wishes, it can make the Motif XF with 8 parts arpeggios, interface is sufficient, there are 8 sliders and a lot of buttons ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2010 @ 11:36 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

The true multi timbral mode for the XS is Song or Pattern Mix mode where you can have 16 Parts on 16 MIDI channels , but you can also have multiple Parts assigned to the same MIDI channel. 

You should probably look at copying the Performance to Mix mode and then setting different channels to have the pads and lead sounds available for live performance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 07, 2010 @ 12:20 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

This is absolute right, multi-timbral mode is called SONG MIXING or PATTERN MIXING mode and this can fulfill your need. Performance mode does not need to be changed to meet your requirement, you simply have to select the correct mode to do what you want.

You are free to switch between sounds in a MIXING setup without any interruption in sound - once you understand the powerful engine it becomes clear just why this is… The advanced effect processing available per VOICE preclude one from switching without interrupting the routing. However, when you recall a multi-timbral setup, MIXING mode, you are recalling a very complex set of effect routing all at once, no synthesizer on the market even comes close to the number processors or the complexity of the routing within this MIXING setup. Because you do not have recall new routing or interrupt the routing in this type of program when you switch between PARTS there is no interruption of sound, no hesitation or pauses. 16 PARTS, each assigned to any of the 16 MIDI channels as you require, 8 Dual Insertion Effects, 16 PART EQs, a Master Effect, a Master EQ…

You can stack as many PARTS on a single MIDI channel as you require, as few as one and as many as all 16, it is up to you. You are free to NOTE LIMIT the key range, setup VELOCITY LIMITS for PART. And best of all you can change between multiple PART combinations all without any sonic interruption of the sound.

MIXING mode does what you require.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 07, 2010 @ 03:23 AM
buhuhu
Total Posts:  39
Joined  02-04-2010

Hi,

1. XF have a VGA output ?  because it is very small .....
2. Have USB front ?

What kind of display is ? QVGA or TFT/LCD Display ?

Best Regards,

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 07, 2010 @ 06:35 AM
papaphoenix
Total Posts:  1614
Joined  03-09-2004

To answer at Yamaha76 for France.
The expect date for sale in France is october (information coming from Yamaha Musique France).

If you want also read technicals information in French about the XF, i have write a technical presentation on the Moessieurs French forum partner “Audiokeys” :

http://www.audiokeys.net/forum/showthread.php?23579-Yamaha-Motif-XF-Présentation-technique-Moessieurs

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 07, 2010 @ 09:20 AM
Aryn
Joined  06-25-2009
Bad_Mister - 07 August 2010 12:20 AM

This is absolute right, multi-timbral mode is called SONG MIXING or PATTERN MIXING mode and this can fulfill your need. Performance mode does not need to be changed to meet your requirement, you simply have to select the correct mode to do what you want.

You are free to switch between sounds in a MIXING setup without any interruption in sound - once you understand the powerful engine it becomes clear just why this is… The advanced effect processing available per VOICE preclude one from switching without interrupting the routing. However, when you recall a multi-timbral setup, MIXING mode, you are recalling a very complex set of effect routing all at once, no synthesizer on the market even comes close to the number processors or the complexity of the routing within this MIXING setup. Because you do not have recall new routing or interrupt the routing in this type of program when you switch between PARTS there is no interruption of sound, no hesitation or pauses. 16 PARTS, each assigned to any of the 16 MIDI channels as you require, 8 Dual Insertion Effects, 16 PART EQs, a Master Effect, a Master EQ…

You can stack as many PARTS on a single MIDI channel as you require, as few as one and as many as all 16, it is up to you. You are free to NOTE LIMIT the key range, setup VELOCITY LIMITS for PART. And best of all you can change between multiple PART combinations all without any sonic interruption of the sound.

Pattern or Song Mode is very interesting and very much appreciate what can be done there, but what you indicated is not appropriate for me because I may need to act separately on each arpegiator in part, in real time to make games sound intensity with the 8 sliding from the left, you can make sounds on each arpegiator games in hand which allows quick access to 16 sound, synthesis ... and the Pattern Mode can not do that!

What can be done in Pattern Mode is like a song done before, but in pieces, but I mentioned above that I intend to act according to the inspiration of the moment and I do not want to play pre-established, even if it is in pieces!

Basically 2 Yamaha Motif should be able to 8 shares in the Performance Mode to want to do, so I asked if it is possible for technology to be implemented XF Motif 8 arpeggios!

For this I need and I would be happy if Yamaha would do this, because it’s very interesting what can be done with 4 shares in Performance Mode, but it is too little, should be at least 8 parts and Motif XF is everything to me !

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 07, 2010 @ 10:06 AM
Parsifal
Total Posts:  1
Joined  05-04-2009
Aryn - 07 August 2010 09:20 AM
Bad_Mister - 07 August 2010 12:20 AM

Pattern or Song Mode is very interesting and very much appreciate what can be done there, but what you indicated is not appropriate for me because I may need to act separately on each arpegiator in part, in real time to make games sound intensity with the 8 sliding from the left, you can make sounds on each arpegiator games in hand which allows quick access to 16 sound, synthesis ... and the Pattern Mode can not do that!

What can be done in Pattern Mode is like a song done before, but in pieces, but I mentioned above that I intend to act according to the inspiration of the moment and I do not want to play pre-established, even if it is in pieces!

Basically 2 Yamaha Motif should be able to 8 shares in the Performance Mode to want to do, so I asked if it is possible for technology to be implemented XF Motif 8 arpeggios!

For this I need and I would be happy if Yamaha would do this, because it’s very interesting what can be done with 4 shares in Performance Mode, but it is too little, should be at least 8 parts and Motif XF is everything to me !

I’m not sure I understood so I’m gonna ask you some questions:
- do you need chord detection on arps or not?
- is the 8 arps a deal breaker?
- do you merely want 8 multitimbral parts in performance mode?
I’m asking you this because you might get better results using either an Akai MPC or a Kurzweil PC3.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 7 of 9