mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF Answers"

Page 3 of 9
Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 02:55 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

See above:
FL512M- $149
FL1024M- $299

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 02:59 AM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002
Nick G - 02 August 2010 02:17 AM
Can any of the new onboard drum kits and voices from the Motif XF be loaded into the XS? same goes for Arpeggios and performances?

No, they are only available in the XF.

Are there any new acoustic guitar voices that have the same playability as the SA guitars on the Tyros 2/3 keyboards?

- what I mean here is the SA Concert Guitar voice can be played in mono mode and poly mode simultaneously… ie: when you play the keys in legato mode you hear a harmonic voice but you can still strum 2 or more notes together simultaneously and they will all play… (the current Guitar voices cannot do this on the XS)

Technically it’s possible to create similar voices in the XF , currently none exist.  Our philosophy is that Motif user want more direct control over these articulations .

Are there any tweaks to the performance mode controls?
Yes, see the Performance Mode post.

Can you trigger auto fills between Arpeggios and intros & endings?
No, this is more an arranger type function.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 03:07 AM
Wilton
Total Posts:  735
Joined  04-03-2004

Thinking out loud (sort of) - the ability to have a library of custom orchestral instruments like Garritan, Vienna, et al. available for separate purchase. While not having enough Flash memory to load the entire library (not in any way complaining - does anyone remember when 40 megs seemed huge?), but the ability to load the crucial sounds one needs to round out the internal orchestral ROM. This is where Romplers up till now have fallen short - either they don’t have all of or the right sounds, or you have to load them via slow external storage transfer methods every time you power up the instrument. Now they’re just there. Look, this Flash option is not designed to be a receptacle for L.A. Scoring Strings or Vienna’s complete library. You want that - you use the computer(s). But to be able to do orchestral mock-ups with much more realism seems quite enticing. Not to be slaved to a PC for this kind of work, or, not to require such a high-powered PC. Nice. When is the rack version coming? Just kidding.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 03:11 AM
kokocalamar
Total Posts:  113
Joined  01-28-2007

With all this great flash memory, and all those voice banks that are available for free or to purchase, I’m glad there’s an extra user bank.

My question: would it have been very expensive to add even more user banks to the XF, maybe as many as the preset banks?

Or are there technical limitations?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 03:31 AM
ZombieRaider
Total Posts:  291
Joined  04-03-2006

I can already see a rack version sampler utilising the flash rom technology....That would be huge!....ZR

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 04:29 AM
marky_markuk ( Maxxuk )
Total Posts:  327
Joined  05-31-2007

Will you be able to save your SONG / PATTERN creations to MP3, rather than just WAV ??

and will there be differences in functions between XF6 & XF8 ( ie, will the fw port be available on the smaller models etc ).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 04:44 AM
Lemonjam
Total Posts:  38
Joined  08-02-2010

When we will see the Rack version?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 05:33 AM
delirium
Total Posts:  2441
Joined  11-16-2006

the serious question XS user may have is there any sense to upgrade…
or add XF to XS collection. I guess sounds will be mostly redundant.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 05:52 AM
Wilton
Total Posts:  735
Joined  04-03-2004

If there is a rack version, it won’t have the Flash Memory. They want you to buy the keyboard. It’ll be the same case as the Rack XS with the expanded ROM of the XF. That’s my guess based on observation of Motif to Motif Rack through the 3 generations.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 06:32 AM
radurobert
Total Posts:  794
Joined  03-05-2009

I need those -NEW- XF waveforms as an upgrade for XS ram memory.

So please can u make a free sound expansion with those -1000- XF waveforms ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 07:06 AM
Multi76
Total Posts:  898
Joined  07-19-2009
radurobert - 02 August 2010 06:32 AM

I need those -NEW- XF waveforms as an upgrade for XS ram memory.

So please can u make a free sound expansion with those -1000- XF waveforms ?

You need waveforms you haven’t heard?

/M

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 07:26 AM
miket156
Total Posts:  148
Joined  06-28-2004

This IS a significant upgrade in every sense of the word “upgrade”. And Yamaha kept the existing XS prices the same. As stated in previous posts, off the shelf memory is just not fast enough, so Yamaha put out flash memory what WILL work and we are not going to get over charged for it.

Motif XF is blowing the competitors out of the water!

Cheers,

Mike T.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 08:17 AM
Sebastian.de.Lange
Total Posts:  8
Joined  03-28-2010
ZombieRaider - 02 August 2010 03:31 AM

I can already see a rack version sampler utilising the flash rom technology......
That would be huge!....ZR

Unlikely - as it could be no more than 19” wide for obvious reasons and I can’t really see it being more than 1 or 2U high - can you?

Seb

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 08:19 AM
Rob'n
Total Posts:  153
Joined  10-30-2007

The XF is a nice upgrade. But I don’t see enough reason yet to buy this machine and use it alongside (or instead of) my XS.
Or does this machine have a ‘patch remain’ (sorry, that is Roland) in voice and performance mode?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 08:42 AM
alejandro
Total Posts:  162
Joined  09-26-2006

Will we see “World of Motif XF” and “Motif XF Masterclass” DVD’s?

Thank you Yamaha Team.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 3 of 9