mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF Answers"

Page 2 of 9
Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 01:28 AM
kokocalamar
Total Posts:  113
Joined  01-28-2007

Hello,

1. Is it possible to have the original GUI and colours from the XS on the XF?

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 01:33 AM
kday
Total Posts:  401
Joined  02-17-2004

1. How much is it gonna cost for the XF6?

2. When will it hit the stores and be for sale in US?

3. Any sound card options planned as alternatives for the Flash Rom slots in the board?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 01:33 AM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

New Sample Libraries from Third Party Developers

Yamaha has worked with sound developers from around the world to develop new libraries that are both XS and XF compatible.  This is just a partial list of what to expect to be available very soon.

Sonic Reality –
Ken Scott Steinway Piano -512 MB
Alan Parson Bosendorfer Piano – 512 MB
K Sounds -
C7 Yamaha Piano- 512 MB

William Coakley -
Steinway Piano – 512 MB
Garritan –
Garritan Personal Orchestra – 1 GB
Digital Sound Factory
Variety of EMU modules including Mo Phat and Planet

DCP Productions- Re –issues of the many DCP libraries in XF format and new sample libraries

Easy Sounds- Working on a variety of new vintage synth releases

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 01:34 AM
Yamaha_US
Joined  07-19-2002

General
Will there be an OS upgrade to the XS based on new features in the XF, similar to the upgrades made available to the Motif XS when S70/90XS release came out? 
Yes, it is planned for the future to add what is possible.  We are working on the list , but know that Tap Tempo, editing Drum Voices in Song Mode and storing them to User Drums voices and improvements to the sampling UI are possible and planned.

Are you going to keep the XS in production parallel with XF or is the XS going to be discontinued?
The Motif XS will be discontinued.

When will Motif XF be on sale? September? October? Next year?
In the US, the Motif XF will be in stores by the beginning of Sept. If you register on http://www.motifxf.com , we will be sending further information on launch events to people around the world.

The Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) in the US is the lowest price that dealers can advertise products.
We expect that you will see the following prices advertised.
Motif XF8-$3499.99
Motif XS7- $3099.99
Motif XF6- $2399.99
FL512M- $149
FL1024M- $299

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 01:35 AM
donutninja
Total Posts:  7
Joined  04-10-2008

Well done!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 01:36 AM
Yamaha_US
Joined  07-19-2002

You can not get the Motif XS UI on the Motif XF , but you have choices of different colors for the display and also the choice of where the location of important displays are ( for example displaying the Voice and Performance name at the button of the screen if you have another keyboard on top of the XF8). 

So you can customize the display of the Motif XF with a number of different choices.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 01:44 AM
Wilton
Total Posts:  735
Joined  04-03-2004

Fantastic. The ability to have 2GB of custom sounds instantly available like internal ROM makes this a totally customizable workstation. So what do we call this - something other than a “Rompler” - maybe a “Flompler”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 01:46 AM
kokocalamar
Joined  01-28-2007

When can we download manuals and Voice- and Data lists?

(BTW: the whole flash thing seems great actually! I was sceptical at first, but the benefits just dawned on me.)

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 01:49 AM
Yamaha_US
Joined  07-19-2002

They should be up very soon.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 02:17 AM
Nick G
Total Posts:  141
Joined  07-11-2007

Can any of the new onboard drum kits and voices from the Motif XF be loaded into the XS? same goes for Arpeggios and performances?

Are there any new acoustic guitar voices that have the same playability as the SA guitars on the Tyros 2/3 keyboards?

- what I mean here is the SA Concert Guitar voice can be played in mono mode and poly mode simultaneously… ie: when you play the keys in legato mode you hear a harmonic voice but you can still strum 2 or more notes together simultaneously and they will all play… (the current Guitar voices cannot do this on the XS)

Are there any tweaks to the performance mode controls?
Can you trigger auto fills between Arpeggios and intros & endings?

Thanks
Nick

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 02:29 AM
kokocalamar
Joined  01-28-2007

So, if I understand correctly: If I have let’s say 8 additional banks with a total of 2 GB samples, I would only have to load the VOICE banks to one or all of the 4 user banks, and the corresponding samples would load in an instant from flash?

To clarify: if I want to load a voice bank with corresponding samples, it will load in a flash?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 02:47 AM
Yamaha_US
Joined  07-19-2002

Yes, if you have the samples installed in flash, you just have to load the voices which would load in few seconds.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 02:50 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Once you determine that a sample WAVEFORM is one you want to be a part of your Motif XF - you would transfer it to your FL boards. The samples would already be in Flash ROM. Your Voice data would be referencing them.

Think of the Flash memory as your opportunity to add to the 3977 Waveforms that come in the XF right out of the box. The XF has 741MB of Wave ROM (3977 waveforms). You can add up to 2GB of your own WAVE data… Think of the possibilities… sure these could be waveforms used for new Voices, but it could also be the backing vocals you always wanted to take on the road with you… That impossible to reproduce sound effect or guitar solo from you latest album.

To a great degree, for the first time you will be able to customize your own wave ROM. Those who think this is some small incremental improvement, have not really had time to let this sink in (and that is okay).

The 500MB of wave data that will be available for free down load is more wave data than you have in the current Motif XS wave ROM (355). It is more than an original Motif (84MB) + a Motif ES (175). It is certainly more than you get in any competing workstation synthesizer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 02:53 AM
Jote
Total Posts:  1549
Joined  07-29-2002
Yamaha_US - 02 August 2010 02:47 AM

Yes, if you have the samples installed in flash, you just have to load the voices which would load in few seconds.

Is “install” procedure separate, or the samples are “installed” automatically the first time I load an .X0A file that uses them?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 02:53 AM
Wilton
Total Posts:  735
Joined  04-03-2004

Did anyone ask how much the Flash Boards are? If not, I’m asking. Thanks! Oops, I see them. My bad. Very reasonable prices on these. Sounds like a really good value - the whole package. The ability to brand and differentiate yourself via your sound package without requiring a PC or a Receptor.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 9