mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF Detailed information & Questions for Yamaha for August 1, 9 PM PST"

Page 7 of 11
Posted on: July 31, 2010 @ 05:47 PM
dazo
Total Posts:  211
Joined  04-14-2009

Trying to pull this back to a more real perspective.  Think about what the S90XS got what the MotifXS do not have.  A bigger wavetable ROM.  It’s got some 100MB+ with piano sounds.  Right after the S90XS was releases, a lot of people wished those piano samples to be made available for the Motif XS.

Over time it’s been a lot of critics on the the Motif XS and the visibility on the LCD screen, and that the sequencer is missing step recording.

I’m guessing these are some of the things the new Motif XF might get.  It’s based on the same platform as Motif XS, but with a few extra bits which is possible without re-engineering the complete board.  Extra expansion slots?  As the S90XS do not have that, I don’t expect it.

So ... look at interesting features on the S90XS which the Motif XS is missing. I’m guessing we’re seeing some of these features arriving the Motif XF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 31, 2010 @ 05:54 PM
chilly
Total Posts:  738
Joined  05-05-2008

I wish Yamaha give us some futuresfrom XF to XS owners with an update....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 31, 2010 @ 05:56 PM
chilly
Joined  05-05-2008
dazo - 31 July 2010 05:47 PM

Trying to pull this back to a more real perspective.  Think about what the S90XS got what the MotifXS do not have.  A bigger wavetable ROM.  It’s got some 100MB+ with piano sounds.  Right after the S90XS was releases, a lot of people wished those piano samples to be made available for the Motif XS.

Over time it’s been a lot of critics on the the Motif XS and the visibility on the LCD screen, and that the sequencer is missing step recording.

I’m guessing these are some of the things the new Motif XF might get.  It’s based on the same platform as Motif XS, but with a few extra bits which is possible without re-engineering the complete board.  Extra expansion slots?  As the S90XS do not have that, I don’t expect it.

So ... look at interesting features on the S90XS which the Motif XS is missing. I’m guessing we’re seeing some of these features arriving the Motif XF.

buy i gueess the next step will be S90 XF…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 31, 2010 @ 07:03 PM
EbMaj7
Total Posts:  107
Joined  12-20-2005

I guess with all the ‘chatter’ here that most of us are very interested in the XF.
As I understand it the Yamaha US guys will be online at 5am GMT. What’s worse is that I am considering being online…
I’m not a geek, I’m …. Enthusiastic!
All the best Guys, and I hope we like what we hear…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 31, 2010 @ 08:59 PM
chilly
Joined  05-05-2008

So in this thread we can ask Yamaha about Motif XF and all questions will be answered beggining from August 2..

p.s. no offtopic please.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 31, 2010 @ 08:59 PM
chilly
Joined  05-05-2008

So here is a bunch of questions from me about Motif FX.
Sorry for my english, but i hope u can understant me.

1)Do it have different D/A, A/D converters ?

2)Can I sample my own stuff using internal sampler with 24 bit resolution?

3) Can i load voice libraries to Motif Xf with 24 Bit resolution?

4)Can faders control not only volume but can be assignet to other parameters?
5)Can all 8 Knobs be assignet not jast 2 like on Motif Xs

6)Does it have different headphone preamp?

7) do we still have 8 inserts?

8)Did u impruvet insert effects routing so as result for example in voice mode we can use all 8 inserts for a singel voice program?
9)Does it have a new 61 and 73 synth action keys? Do keys feel more stronger of softer compare to Xs keys....

10) Does Enthernet works on Vista?

11)Does it have more User voice and perfomens banks?
12)Can presence voice banks be edited?
13)What is the max memory for the Ram? Can i get more that 2 gb?
14)Does it have usb 2.1
15)does it have Adat output?
16)Can i connect Motif XF to my audio interface with balansed cable?
17) can i transwer all voice and perfomances to Motif XF from Motif XS?

Thank U Yamaha

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 31, 2010 @ 09:17 PM
nickmccullum808
Total Posts:  30
Joined  07-29-2010

- Will it have a touch screen?

- Will it have a joystick or two wheels?

- Will it have more sequncer tracks, or the same old 16 tracks?

- Will it have a vocoder?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 31, 2010 @ 10:04 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

Thanks, this thread is great because we can prepare all the answers in advance for you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 31, 2010 @ 10:06 PM
Mystro85
Total Posts:  5
Joined  06-13-2007

It’s been a long time since I’ve posted here, but I’m no stranger to Motifator.

Anyway. I think the XF is being targeted to ES owners for a reason.. I hope I don’t get in trouble for this but I’ve seen that leaked photo advertisement that’s been floating around the web.  One of the highlighted features at the bottom of the ad eludes to customization..To what extent I have no clue but it got me thinking of the past.

Everybody knows that one of the major changes from ES to XS was the removal of the plg expansion boards that offered different synthesis capabilities and some even increased total polyphony. Now I don’t think the PLG boards are returning but I get the feeling there may be an evolution of sorts happening with the technology.  That would not only bring back customers that may have switched to competitors’ offerings but also give ES owners plenty of reasons to get excited.

As far as I’m concerned I have seen enough already to make me want to trade in my XS6.. just thinking about the possibilities of adding analog modeling and FM synthesis to a workstation that already has IMHO the best sounds on the market has got my head spinning.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 31, 2010 @ 11:33 PM
MoGut
Total Posts:  1535
Joined  05-08-2004

1.) Will there be an OS upgrade to the XS based on new features in the XF, similar to the upgrades made available to the MotifXS when S70/90XS release came out?

2.) Assuming the motif XS will be discontinued, will we see street prices for the XF fall into the same pricing as the XS, or will there be an increased price for the new XF?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2010 @ 12:45 AM
radore
Total Posts:  102
Joined  08-23-2008

Does it have mLAN or just FW as an expansion?

What’s the sequencer memory (1024 kb current Motif XS) or larger ?

Will the MEGA Voice arpeggios differ from XS, like they were different in the ES compared to the XS?

How is the tap tempo implemented having in mind the same panel and button structure?

Is it possible for some of the features of the XF to be back-ported to the XS and ES?

Are you going to keep the XS in production parallel with XF or is the XS going to be discontinued?
(ex. PSP 3000 and PSP Go are still currently in production and have the same functions but different hardware)

Is the MontaVista Linux the XF’s OS?

Will you be able to import voices from previous generations of the MOTIF (MOTIF ES for example)

Is there going to be an editor like the MOTIF XS VST3 but for Pro Tools and Logic?

What is the max polyphony of the XF?

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2010 @ 03:46 AM
ZombieRaider
Total Posts:  291
Joined  04-03-2006

So is that 1am EST?.....I’ll be here!...:)...ZR

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2010 @ 03:56 AM
Fozzer
Total Posts:  184
Joined  02-07-2010
ZombieRaider - 01 August 2010 03:46 AM

So is that 1am EST?.....I’ll be here!...:)...ZR

“That’s Monday, August 2nd at 1 PM in Japan.”

Your local time ...and the time in Tokyo...>>>

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=248

Paul...MO6 + MM6...;)...!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2010 @ 03:58 AM
ZombieRaider
Joined  04-03-2006

1- Would the flash ROM install where the RAM is physically installed on the XS and if so, How much is the flash ROM cards going to cost?

2- I’m guessing you can buy “pre-loaded” flash cards in the future?

3- Is using the flash ROM how XS owners are going to get the NEW ROM to equal 7XX MB?

These questions are assuming the XS is fully upgradable of course....I think it’s great the “leak” got out because it’s just enough info to create LOT’S of buzz!....(and vague enough to keep everyone guessing..;)...I’m sure it will help bring in a big audience when all the details are posted....I know I’m excited.....ZR

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2010 @ 04:08 AM
ZombieRaider
Joined  04-03-2006

Thanks Fozzer...That helps :)....About 21 hours!.....ZR

[ Ignore ]  

Page 7 of 11