mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF Detailed information & Questions for Yamaha for August 1, 9 PM PST"

Page 3 of 11
Posted on: July 28, 2010 @ 08:47 PM
chilly
Total Posts:  738
Joined  05-05-2008

I jast have found a topic about new motif here http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2650884

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2010 @ 05:14 PM
radore
Total Posts:  102
Joined  08-23-2008

http://fr.audiofanzine.com/clavier-arrangeur/yamaha/motif-xf/news/a.play,n.12916.html

Hope you still remember those long french classes :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2010 @ 05:35 PM
chilly
Joined  05-05-2008
radore - 29 July 2010 05:14 PM

http://fr.audiofanzine.com/clavier-arrangeur/yamaha/motif-xf/news/a.play,n.12916.html

I have found english version of this http://www.gearjunkies.com/news_info.php?news_id=5336

If this is all i guees it will be the bigest piss off that i could expect from Yamaha....

exep a new keyboard action and 741MB oh stock memory and jock 128MB SD RAM (when the chepest usb flash card is 4 gb and cost about 8 bucks....) i guess awrything also could be fixed with an update of carrent Motif xs.

I realy wanted to change colour scheme on my motif xs but i won’t to buy a new motif for this......

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2010 @ 05:57 PM
tuquoque
Total Posts:  563
Joined  08-15-2007

Hopefully we XS owners get all the OS upgrades that will not need new hardware.
I would even pay something to get that tap tempo…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2010 @ 06:03 PM
radore
Joined  08-23-2008

Thanks for the link chilly!

My french is awful :)

I really hope there is an update for the XS like tap tempo or drum editing in mixing mode or anything in between.

However, I would consider buying the XF if YAMAHA keeps the mLAN interface(expansion board). I don’t like the FW driver.

Anyway, I think the keyboard will be great (if these are the real specs).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2010 @ 06:42 PM
youdog
Total Posts:  482
Joined  01-31-2009

Hi radurobert i feel this XF is a down grade of the XS or about the same. i don’t want a new motif. i would like to see something total new from yahama. i’am keeping my XS and many add the new roland vr-700 for live show is very fast and esay. The MOtif XS is the best sounding workstation out today but Yahama,Korg Roland and Kurzweil just keep holding back. so i am going to give software a new look for home and new very esay 76 keys LIVE perf board that WT. about 20-37lbs.
They just don’t care about what we say we want!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2010 @ 07:01 PM
jasonthebaldguy
Total Posts:  71
Joined  04-01-2010

I think the idea is that this is an OS “Flash” update to the existing XS… It makes sense that they would re-release the motif as a refreshed “repainted” version with a few physical updates to new buyers… this extends the life of the XS which is still very relevant and powerful… and pays for the R&D;for the New OS… there is not enough of an update to warrant a fully redesigned Workstation… but enough to keep the price point competitive with other offerings… This update is along the same lines as the “Audio Expansion” update that refreshed the Fantom X functions and kept it on the market for so long…

I don’t need tons of flash memory… I don’t need tons of Ram… I have no idea what you guys are doing that takes a GIG of samples...everything I have ever done with sound designs involves making nice clean loops trimmed properly and good effects design…

The samples in the XS are for the most part ok… I would like some better guitar samples from more than 2 clean electrics...and it would be nice to have a broader range of string types… and i recently discovered that some of the analog sounds are kinda flat...and need more character.. but a lot of that is in the programming.. not a limitation of the hardware itself… all in all

I think it will be a great update… and I am pretty sure all of us that are XS owners will just download and update the OS…
“in a flash” and will be inspired… I know the tap tempo feature alone will totally inspire me to spend some more time actually writing and less time complaining :) I just can’t wait to get my hands on it!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2010 @ 07:47 PM
chilly
Joined  05-05-2008
radore - 29 July 2010 06:03 PM

Thanks for the link chilly!

My french is awful :)

I really hope there is an update for the XS like tap tempo or drum editing in mixing mode or anything in between.

However, I would consider buying the XF if YAMAHA keeps the mLAN interface(expansion board). I don’t like the FW driver.

Anyway, I think the keyboard will be great (if these are the real specs).

If thous specs are true

Well ofcouse if i did not have motif Xs, i would buy that Motif XF, it mast be also relevant for Motif ES users, but i see no point of buying new Motif XF if i have XS....

p.s. I still rely hope that thouse specs wich i have found are fake and Motif XF will be realy something mind blowmind.....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2010 @ 08:57 PM
KJandKT
Total Posts:  648
Joined  07-12-2008

Yamaha…

I can say thank you already, because it is quite obvious that you have a big treat in store for XS owners as well as of course for the new XF owners.  The big thanks that I have though is for making products that are update-able that you continue to support for a long time.  That is a huge reason why I am a big supporter of Yamaha and why I can take the plunge with big ticket items with your company.  I don’t want to pay $2000-$3000 on a product that is not able to be updated.  I’m sure I’m not alone in not being able to afford new products every couple of years.  That is why I carefully consider my purchases and again why I will continue to support Yamaha with my purchases and also continue recommending your products to other people.

My next big ticket item that I am hoping to be able to afford in the near future is an Avant-Grand piano...that is a beautiful piece of technology!

I just wanted to let you know, that your method of business is noticed and appreciated by your customers.  Long term you will retain and gain much customer loyalty because of it :)

Can’t wait to see the official announcement next wewek!
Blessings to you

KJ

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2010 @ 09:27 PM
valmundo
Total Posts:  207
Joined  07-02-2005

I never upgraded from my Motif ES to the Motif XS mainly because I loved the plg-150 boards.  Unless there is additional information regarding the XF that we don’t know about yet, I am not inclined to upgrade from the ES to the XF.

I would CONSIDER upgrading to the XF if it is discovered that the installation of flash ram can enable you to load “virtual” plugins like DX, AN, FDSP, and VL as well as samples.  Heck, it would be great if you can load “lite” versions of Arturia plug-ins (CS-80, mini moog).  That would be revolutionary!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2010 @ 09:48 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005
chilly - 29 July 2010 05:35 PM

128MB SD RAM (when the chepest usb flash card is 4 gb and cost about 8 bucks....)

I think the person who posted the specs meant SDRAM (synchronous DRAM). SD cards are not RAM, they are flash.

In other words, there’s 128MB of RAM built in but sample memory expansion is via flash.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2010 @ 10:01 PM
WesEXer
Total Posts:  336
Joined  10-29-2003

I have found english version of this http://www.gearjunkies.com/news_info.php?news_id=5336

If this is all i guees it will be the bigest piss off that i could expect from Yamaha....

exep a new keyboard action and 741MB oh stock memory and jock 128MB SD RAM (when the chepest usb flash card is 4 gb and cost about 8 bucks....) i guess awrything also could be fixed with an update of carrent Motif xs.

I realy wanted to change colour scheme on my motif xs but i won’t to buy a new motif for this......

Hmm I wonder if it’s feasible to make an XS an XF with a board swap and whether Yamaha would allow it even if it had to be sent to a service center to do so. And of course at a reasonable cost. The case looks identical, so who knows....

At the very LEAST, I sure would like to see a RAM expansion pack for the Motif with the new samples. Sure would be nice!

I’m curious how the tap tempo is being implemented and if the XS will see it? Looks like some of those new features could possibly come to the XS as well. Time will tell. Hopefully Yamaha will also release any update possibilities for the XS when they debut the XF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2010 @ 10:12 PM
chilly
Joined  05-05-2008
WesEXer - 29 July 2010 10:01 PM

Hmm I wonder if it’s feasible to make an XS an XF with a board swap and whether Yamaha would allow it even if it had to be sent to a service center to do so. And of course at a reasonable cost. The case looks identical, so who knows....

At the very LEAST, I sure would like to see a RAM expansion pack for the Motif with the new samples. Sure would be nice!

I’m curious how the tap tempo is being implemented and if the XS will see it? Looks like some of those new features could possibly come to the XS as well. Time will tell. Hopefully Yamaha will also release any update possibilities for the XS when they debut the XF.

I think i woud be cool idea if i could sent my motif xs to the sevice center and get Motif XF and Yamaha can make money, because i am pretty shure, if that specs are true, Yamaha will piss of many Yamaha fans and sales of Motif Xf will be low....

p.s. the same story with korg m3 and korg m3 expended, but in korg case u did not have to send it to the service, u could do it by yourself, jast with firmware update

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2010 @ 10:35 PM
shakil
Joined  11-28-2002

Motif XF adds my requested features… “drum kit edit within mixing mode”

Thank you, thank you .. YAMAHA!!!!

Did you also fix the Effects Routing flaws?  Are the effects saved with MIXING, instead of the Voice?  And Can we route multiple tracks to SAME Effects processors?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2010 @ 11:19 PM
pianokim
Total Posts:  810
Joined  02-09-2003

I for one think the biggest news is the new keyboard action. I absolutely can not play on the cheap feeling keys on the XS, so for me that would be enough reason to make the switch. All this time my Motif 6XS has just been sitting in a corner used as a sound module for that reason.
I loved the way the original Motif and the ES felt - hope we’re getting close to that again.

I know it has something to do with new laws that prohibit lead from being used in the keys, hope they found a better solution that what they came up with for the XS. Obviously enough people had that issue, since they are now promoting an upgrade to the keyboard action.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 3 of 11