mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF Detailed information & Questions for Yamaha for August 1, 9 PM PST"

Page 10 of 11
Posted on: August 01, 2010 @ 10:23 PM
kday
Total Posts:  401
Joined  02-17-2004
chilly - 01 August 2010 09:39 PM

if u have bought an Korg Oaasys back when it was relized, u would use it at list for 14 yaers, because even if to cut it’s all analog engin and live all digital stuff in it, it is suppirior to any modern workstations and to a new Motif XF too…

True

But if I owned an Oasys I wouldn’t be complaining that Korg offered the lesser M3 or Triton, that used some of Oasys technology unless I was tired and unhappy with the Oasys. 

I would be happy with Korg knowing that the Oasys isn’t yet obsolete. But then again I love when synth companies make their last synthesizer obsolete.

Motif owners that are not happy that the XF is not much of an upgrade to them, should be happy that it didn’t in their own opinion make their recent XS investment obsolete. Or would they be much more happier if it did make the last Motif obsolete? If it didn’t then that means they can now enjoy it for another 4-5 years until the next one comes out. But trashing other peoples enthusiasm doesn’t make sense to those who own the lesser ES and is looking to upgrade to you folks Motif X level.

Now I see why the original Motif ad was geared towards ES owners. Maybe they sold enough Motif XS and is looking to sell many more of this one to all the die hard ES owners? Of course we can say this is not true, but it makes sense knowing they want everybody regardless of what you own to buy the XF if you’re interested in the next generation Motif.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2010 @ 10:39 PM
youdog
Total Posts:  482
Joined  01-31-2009

No way I will sale my XS for the XF. I can see someone sale the classic or es for the XF. This XF looks like a black XS. It maybe a little better. The same buttons in the same local.

XF has user 4 above chromatic percussion button.
XS has GM above chromatic percussion.
XF has user DR above Ethnic button.
XS don,t have any thing above Ethnic button.

This (XF)sound like a soft ware upgrade and can be a update for the XS.

The only real big diffrent I see is Flash ROM or RAM for 2GB still in simples. I like the color Black and still in simples but sale my XS for about the same board.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2010 @ 10:45 PM
kday
Joined  02-17-2004

If the sampling procedure is the same as the previous Motifs with all the steps and complications to recording a simple basic sample then I’m gonna be ready to curse some people out. Nah, just kiddin. But I do have some questions regarding sampling I wish could be answered.

I really miss not having a BIG separate sampling button up front on top of the keyboard somewhere that takes users directly into the sampling record ready page like on other samplers and synthesizers.

So my question is this

1. Can the integrated sampling button be programmed to go directly into the record ready sample page for monitoring and recording the signal without having to set settings every time a user samples?

Or is it like the integrated sampling button still takes you into a multiple pages before you even get the sampling process started? And we still need to read a book before each sampling session because we forgot what the sampling steps were? Sampling should be no more than 2 button pushes. Assigning a multi-sample shouldn’t be no more than 2-3 button pushes like on other samplers.

I’m trying to see if this thing can be programmed to press one button 1-2 times to start sampling vs having to program each time a user enters the sampling process. Can user sampling options be saved and programmed and bypassed to enter sampling record page and one other button for triggering the record function? Anything different from the steps of the previous Motif synthesizers.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2010 @ 10:51 PM
ZombieRaider
Total Posts:  291
Joined  04-03-2006
kday - 01 August 2010 10:23 PM

But if I owned an Oasys I wouldn’t be complaining that Korg offered the lesser M3 or Triton, that used some of Oasys technology unless I was tired and unhappy with the Oasys though. 
I would be happy with Korg knowing that the Oasys isn’t yet obsolete. But then again I love when synth companies make their last synthesizer obsolete.

You obviously haven’t been in the Oasys forum lately - There are no more updates for the Oasys officially.....Oasys owners are upset that the trickled down technology into the M3 actually in some ways surpass the Oasys...They feel abandoned to have paid such a high price and it’s no longer being supported....Even bringing the Oasys sequencer up to the M3 status before dropping support would have helped some say....Even though Oasys is an absolute beast sound wise, I don’t think it lived up to all the hype in the end....It never was a complete stand alone workstation because of the weak sequencer...ZR

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2010 @ 11:43 PM
chilly
Total Posts:  738
Joined  05-05-2008
ZombieRaider - 01 August 2010 10:51 PM

But if I owned an Oasys I wouldn’t be complaining that Korg offered the lesser M3 or Triton, that used some of Oasys technology unless I was tired and unhappy with the Oasys though. 

You obviously haven’t been in the Oasys forum lately - There are no more updates for the Oasys officially.....Oasys owners are upset that the trickled down technology into the M3 actually in some ways surpass the Oasys...They feel abandoned to have paid such a high price and it’s no longer being supported....Even bringing the Oasys sequencer up to the M3 status before dropping support would have helped some say....Even though Oasys is an absolute beast sound wise, I don’t think it lived up to all the hype in the end....It never was a complete stand alone workstation because of the weak sequencer...ZR

Yes, i know it is obended by Korg for fo what ever asshole reason a year ago,
but the fakt is still is, if to cut it all analog engine of Oasys, and leave all digital engine in it, no workstation comes clouse to it and even a new Motif XF.....

and thay say that Korg M3 shares the same digital engine from Oasys but it is not true at all, because M3 does not sound as good as Oasys…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2010 @ 11:51 PM
chilly
Total Posts:  738
Joined  05-05-2008
zikerstu - 01 August 2010 09:46 PM

And the Korg Oasis costs as much as a car!!!!

yes, but the price was back in the times when Motif Es was a new top of the line workstation from Yamaha ;)

if i am not wrong 7800 usd for 76 synth action and 8600 usd for 88 keys piano action

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 01:04 AM
radore
Total Posts:  102
Joined  08-23-2008

Great, it’s here finally!

The new XF!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 01:08 AM
radore
Total Posts:  102
Joined  08-23-2008

No one else to discuss it with ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 01:13 AM
jasonthebaldguy
Total Posts:  71
Joined  04-01-2010

just waiting for the “update to xs” with tap tempo… could care less about the new synth… I like the xs… as long as there is tap tempo…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 04:03 AM
DmitryKo
Total Posts:  1483
Joined  07-25-2002
DmitryKo - 01 August 2010 12:21 PM

I’d expect Yamaha to improve their interpolators in the tone generator chip so that they have even less aliasing than ever before.

I’d rather expect Yamaha to increase the number of insert FX blocks to 12 or 16.

I’d like to see more User banks or editable preset banks, however I doubt it will happen.

I’d expect more Expanded Articulation voices, the addition of new Spectral Component Modelling voices, and of course new and improved Voices, Perfromances, arpeggios etc.

Motif XF will have a faster CPU and thus faster operation.

I’d like the display to be updated to 640x480, given the CPU is able to handle it.

I’d expect a vocal harmony mode in addition to vocoder.

OK, so this is where I was wrong. There is indeed one additional user bank in Voice and Performance mode, however same CPU and tone generator hardware with no SCM voices, no vocoder, and no improved effects section.

I’m waiting for more sound demos, as well as user manual and data list.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 08:30 AM
Sebastian.de.Lange
Total Posts:  8
Joined  03-28-2010
jasonthebaldguy - 02 August 2010 01:13 AM

just waiting for the “update to xs” with tap tempo… could care less about the new synth… I like the xs… as long as there is tap tempo…

I presume you mean that you could NOT care less about the synth.

In other words, you care so little about the synth that it would be impossibe to care less about it.

ie you “couldn’t care less about the synth than you already do”.

How’s that for pedantic?

....well I’m a bit bored and it is correct!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 11:38 AM
Stue007
Total Posts:  12
Joined  03-01-2009

The XF is a good evolution with an important feature for some of us: flash memory. For me, personally, I will keep my XS.

To the XF/XS OS developers: please update the XS OS to the same UI color template that is shown in the XF promo video. It looks more friendly with the white background and the other type font. Of cause - as you underlined - the functional improvements at the XF should be as far as you can migrated quickly to the XS OS by placing an update. Looking forward to it.

I am sure, that the Motif XF will be the top of the notch product in the workstation market. Good to know that you keep on OS development also for the XS. Hope the update will be out very soon…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 11:48 AM
MoGut
Total Posts:  1535
Joined  05-08-2004
Sebastian.de.Lange - 02 August 2010 08:30 AM
jasonthebaldguy - 02 August 2010 01:13 AM

I presume you mean that you could NOT care less about the synth.

In other words, you care so little about the synth that it would be impossibe to care less about it.

ie you “couldn’t care less about the synth than you already do”.

How’s that for pedantic?

....well I’m a bit bored and it is correct!

HAHAHAHA! A grammar/spelling Nazi on Motifator forums? LOL, good luck with that! ...and try to keep up.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 12:06 PM
kday
Joined  02-17-2004
ZombieRaider - 01 August 2010 10:51 PM

I don’t know what the sequencer is capable of. But I played the Oasys and it’s worth every cent regardless of the minor short comings of the sequencer they say. I never use keyboard sequencers anyway on any keyboard. Always an MPC sequencer which is rock solid without the problems people always have with keyboards. On every single workstation keyboard that ever came out there was always a sequencer issue and short coming until this day. So I been stop using cheap keyboard sequencers decades ago. I buy synthesizers for sounds and not expecting to get a great and perfect sequencer. And I don’t think synth manufactures want you to get the perfect sequencer either because they don’t want you feeling like you don’t need to buy another or their next keyboard. Roland G, problem with their sequencer not all the basic functions. Oasys problem with their sequencer not all the basic functions. Motif keyboard problem with their sequencer I’ve heard not all the basic functions. Alesis Fusion problem with their sequencer not all the basic functions. And on and on and on again same story with all keyboard sequencers. Only computers and Akai MPCs pack the perfect sequencer so far I heard.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 05, 2010 @ 04:52 AM
tuquoque
Total Posts:  563
Joined  08-15-2007

Please, do not tell Yamaha you are not going to buy XF because you are going to stay with XS and you are just waiting for OS upgrade. If you do, we will never get that upgrade. That is the way it works.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 10 of 11