mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF Detailed information & Questions for Yamaha for August 1, 9 PM PST"

Page 9 of 11
Posted on: August 01, 2010 @ 05:07 PM
DmitryKo
Total Posts:  1483
Joined  07-25-2002
EX©M - 01 August 2010 04:57 PM

Yamaha Audio/Video Apparatus Certified for Canada

CS-1000F/CS-1000M control surface/mixer?!!
Tyros4!!!
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2010 @ 06:20 PM
ZombieRaider
Total Posts:  291
Joined  04-03-2006

6 hours and 40 minutes til show time!....ZR

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2010 @ 06:45 PM
chilly
Total Posts:  738
Joined  05-05-2008
ZombieRaider - 01 August 2010 06:20 PM

6 hours and 40 minutes til show time!....ZR

I will be sleeping, i hope when i wake up I will get answers for my questions from Yamaha…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2010 @ 06:48 PM
jimandchris
Total Posts:  101
Joined  08-01-2002

Sunday Night. August 1 st at 9 PM Pacific Standard Time , all the details of the new Yamaha product will be revealed on Motifator. Hope to see you there! ;)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2010 @ 06:50 PM
radurobert
Total Posts:  794
Joined  03-05-2009

))) ha ha what do u expect ?? some ultra sonic synth to arrive tomorrow ??. I don’t think is the time . In my opinion, XF will be exactly like XS, but with some minor improvements and that mortal black color. I really hate my XS color !!!. My bad words are getting censored. i want that black color!. And of course i’m 100% sure XS and XF will have the same updates, because i think is the same engine. I really don’t see nothing new happening tomorrow . ))Or maybe XF will be only a leap down to XS , and XS will remain “the best” for keyboard players.

But of course XS is sucks because of the editor. The editor is not ok at all .Yamaha don’t know how to built good software. They don’t have that experience regarding soft. Many users have problems by using that stupid editor.Is time for XS editor to be rebuilt !! and only after that Yamaha to release new flagships..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2010 @ 07:33 PM
kday
Total Posts:  401
Joined  02-17-2004

Just from reading the bootleg specs the XF is a step above XS obviously. The XF can’t be a step down, the XF probably will make you want to sell your XS. But not being able to afford to buy the new XF can cause someone to take a negative attitude towards the new technology. Just ask yourself is Flash ROM for storing samples and faster sound access loading times, more arps, double the sound Rom, onboard SDram, plus some other features they might reveal to us is for you?

Folks hoping to get XF features down the line can probably forget that idea. The XS will eventually be discontinued soon after the available supply sells out as expected. There might be minor updates to the OS in a few years or so but nothing significant in comparison. No synth company is gonna give away all a new synths features to an old synth design and expect to sell more of the new product.

I think Yamaha knew they had to make a clear significant upgrade to persuade XS buyers that this synth is an official upgrade more than just another of the same like the Roland Fantom X is to the Fantom G in Roland’s case which was backwards and nothing but a bigger screen.

Just from the specs we do see it’s an upgrade from the XS. But the XS to XF level of upgrade is subjective to each individual. For samplist and sound creators and folks like importing sounds and not just playing stock onboard sounds I think the XF is a major step up and even greater coming from using the ES. Even for onboard sound lovers it’s still double the memory and more arps, etc for those satisfied with what they already have as far as sounds and creative potential.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2010 @ 07:58 PM
alejandro
Total Posts:  162
Joined  09-26-2006

Official photo Motif XF6!!

http://www.hispasonic.com/images/articles/motif_xf6.jpg

Cheers!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2010 @ 08:01 PM
chilly
Joined  05-05-2008
alejandro - 01 August 2010 07:58 PM

Official photo Motif XF6!!

http://www.hispasonic.com/images/articles/motif_xf6.jpg

Cheers!!!

wow, looks cool

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2010 @ 08:07 PM
alejandro
Total Posts:  162
Joined  09-26-2006

More official information (in spanish):

http://www.hispasonic.com/noticias/yamaha-motif-xf-renovacion-serie-motif-15116

It looks great!

Thank you Yamaha.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2010 @ 08:26 PM
radurobert
Total Posts:  794
Joined  03-05-2009
kday - 01 August 2010 07:33 PM

Just from reading the bootleg specs the XF is a step above XS obviously. The XF can’t be a step down, the XF probably will make you want to sell your XS. But not being able to afford to buy the new XF can cause someone to take a negative attitude towards the new technology. Just ask yourself is Flash ROM for storing samples and faster sound access loading times, more arps, double the sound Rom, onboard SDram, plus some other features they might reveal to us is for you?

Folks hoping to get XF features down the line can probably forget that idea. The XS will eventually be discontinued soon after the available supply sells out as expected. There might be minor updates to the OS in a few years or so but nothing significant in comparison. No synth company is gonna give away all a new synths features to an old synth design and expect to sell more of the new product.

I think Yamaha knew they had to make a clear significant upgrade to persuade XS buyers that this synth is an official upgrade more than just another of the same like the Roland Fantom X is to the Fantom G in Roland’s case which was backwards and nothing but a bigger screen.

Just from the specs we do see it’s an upgrade from the XS. But the XS to XF level of upgrade is subjective to each individual. For samplist and sound creators and folks like importing sounds and not just playing stock onboard sounds I think the XF is a major step up and even greater coming from using the ES. Even for onboard sound lovers it’s still double the memory and more arps, etc for those satisfied with what they already have as far as sounds and creative potential.

personally i refuse to sell XS and buy a new one because my plan was to use XS many many years , and not only 2 years. U don’t buy a synth for selling it after 2 years, and after that u buy a new one. Synths are not like clothes or jeans. Is not working this way. Synths are like cars. U buy a car for 7 - 10 years. So i don’t give a damn about that flash or “double the rom”. I have 1 giga ram installed inside XS so i have enough rom ok ??. And about that Flash NOO no way !! i prefer to wait a few minutes until XS loads all waveforms.

SOOO I DON’T TAKE THE BAIT !!! ))) I WILL BUY A NEW YAMAHA SYNTH AFTER 5-6 YEARS FROM NOW

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2010 @ 08:58 PM
zikerstu
Total Posts:  326
Joined  08-06-2008

It does look NEATO!! But can you import all your XS samples & voices n stuff into the XF or is it back to the drawing board? Spent alot of time programming and sampling during the last 1.5 years of owning the XS. Trade in deals/incentives to Yamaha?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2010 @ 09:10 PM
kday
Total Posts:  401
Joined  02-17-2004

The XF is not bait, it’s just the next version to a newer synth model.

If anyone is happy with their current synth that’s fine, if I bought an XS recently and enjoyed being content with that set of features, I wouldn’t be worrying about the XF either, especially if I couldn’t afford it. But there is a new model out now, and we’re gonna ride this one out until the next one comes along.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2010 @ 09:39 PM
chilly
Joined  05-05-2008
radurobert - 01 August 2010 08:26 PM
kday - 01 August 2010 07:33 PM

personally i refuse to sell XS and buy a new one because my plan was to use XS many many years , and not only 2 years. U don’t buy a synth for selling it after 2 years, and after that u buy a new one. Synths are not like clothes or jeans. Is not working this way. Synths are like cars. U buy a car for 7 - 10 years. So i don’t give a damn about that flash or “double the rom”. I have 1 giga ram installed inside XS so i have enough rom ok ??. And about that Flash NOO no way !! i prefer to wait a few minutes until XS loads all waveforms.

SOOO I DON’T TAKE THE BAIT !!! ))) I WILL BUY A NEW YAMAHA SYNTH AFTER 5-6 YEARS FROM NOW

if u have bought an Korg Oaasys back when it was relized, u would use it at list for 14 yaers, because even if to cut it’s all analog engin and live all digital stuff in it, it is suppirior to any modern workstations and to a new Motif XF too…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2010 @ 09:46 PM
zikerstu
Total Posts:  326
Joined  08-06-2008

And the Korg Oasis costs as much as a car!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2010 @ 10:17 PM
Venatt
Total Posts:  744
Joined  07-11-2004

[ Ignore ]  

Page 9 of 11