mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF Detailed information & Questions for Yamaha for August 1, 9 PM PST"

Page 1 of 11
Posted on: July 27, 2010 @ 10:13 PM
kday
Total Posts:  401
Joined  02-17-2004

Well I have an ES and I’ll probably be buying this unit at some time after all. Because it’ll be another 3-4 years before anything else comes after this regardless of how much of an upgrade or how less of an upgrade this is to the Motif XS.

Does it look like Yamaha is marketing this new Motif XF to ES owners? Of course we can expect a few new sounds and a few new OS system enhancements that was requested to be applied to the XS but made it to the XF instead. But I hope it’s something the XS buyers can aspire to upgrade to other than a Flash memory card option. I doubt that most XS owners will flock to upgrade to a flash card option for $2500 dollars.

One thing I do wish though, please let the sampling option be upgraded and not be that “my synth does a little sampling too, with some extensive work” option like what was included in the previous Motifs. Let the sampling option be easily loadable and savable wav files to flash memory to easily create multi-sampled instruments.

If Yamaha or any company built a new totally dedicated sampling keyboard like the Ensoniq ASR 10/EMU Emulator IV etc. I think we could conquer the world with original sound. I think it would be a huge step and a best seller, it would reinvigorate the standards of just another new set of Rom sounds thinking that we are beginning to become accustomed to in keyboard production. I think getting that dedicated sampling keyboard that won’t force us to have to use a computer to play back simple affordable importable sound libraries would inspire more people to buy more keyboards. Thanks Yamaha for this one. It’s a start. It could free our minds to think and create outside the ROMpler box. I personally need three components, which includes the new latest and greatest ROMpler synth keyboard, the new superb dedicated sampling keyboard workstation like what was made in the past. And we need the computer for computer related recording & stuff. We need all three. I like to spend more money and have more options to achieving all my musical goals. So far I have two of three. I have the Roland VS 700 computer system and I think you can say it is leaps and bounds over most all it’s competition. I may buy this Motif XF that may or may not do sampling well enough. So I say to increase the excitement about things we need and buy in an economic declining economy. Could Yamaha or some other manufacture please build the dedicated sampling keyboard workstation now that we have a new synthesizer to play with, so we can complete the ultimate recording studio trilogy?

I still think the world’s greatest keyboard invention ever created will always be the dedicated sampling keyboard. That way folks can finally import the great and glorious sounds to play directly from the hardware keyboard. Most people hate having to wait years in hope some keyboard manufacture might include the sounds in your head. We also hate having to wait hours for the sounds to load and then be configured. I don’t like being forced to deal with computers for playing live keyboard sounds and doing sampling work. I like taking my keyboards on the road too.

Just my .02 cents

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 27, 2010 @ 10:26 PM
chilly
Total Posts:  738
Joined  05-05-2008

I hope Yamaha are not going to put SCM tone generation system on a new Motif climing that is it somthing is realy supirior. i realy hope Yamaha will make real hight quality Phisical Modeling Technology for all acoustic instruments with a new Motif for Acoustic Pianos, Electric organs, Pipe organs, strings, brass and so on like hight quality VSTs have,
if Yamaha will give sample based technology again or 16 bit sample rate, i think I should not spend my life time for waitings for another 4-5 years for a new Motif, hope Kurzweil won’t be so stupid, or i will obend workstetions and will go to VSTs....

p.s. sorry if i was a little bit harsh…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2010 @ 12:56 AM
nchrist
Total Posts:  457
Joined  07-10-2009
chilly - 27 July 2010 10:26 PM

I hope Yamaha are not going to put SCM tone generation system on a new Motif climing that is it somthing is realy supirior. i realy hope Yamaha will make real hight quality Phisical Modeling Technology for all acoustic instruments with a new Motif for Acoustic Pianos, Electric organs, Pipe organs, strings, brass and so on like hight quality VSTs have,
if Yamaha will give sample based technology again or 16 bit sample rate, i think I should not spend my life time for waitings for another 4-5 years for a new Motif, hope Kurzweil won’t be so stupid, or i will obend workstetions and will go to VSTs....

Been there, done that! lol! I tried to sell all my keyboards back then to get a MIDI controller with a good computer and VSTs...kept missing the hardware, and bought back even more hardware.

I agree about physical modeling, etc. but the key is in the chops. A good keyboard player can impress even on a Casio.

I personally won’t be upgrading to XF unless they have multiple technologies built in such as AN, DX, VL, VH. XS is more than plenty for everything at the moment.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2010 @ 02:00 AM
chilly
Joined  05-05-2008
nchrist - 28 July 2010 12:56 AM
chilly - 27 July 2010 10:26 PM

Been there, done that! lol! I tried to sell all my keyboards back then to get a MIDI controller with a good computer and VSTs...kept missing the hardware, and bought back even more hardware.

I agree about physical modeling, etc. but the key is in the chops. A good keyboard player can impress even on a Casio.

I personally won’t be upgrading to XF unless they have multiple technologies built in such as AN, DX, VL, VH. XS is more than plenty for everything at the moment.

I agree, hardware keyboard is realy easy o use, all in one tool, but for me, # 1 priority is the sound quality, and i will sacrefuce awrything but not the sound, i jast cannot belive that i am the only one person that cares about sound, because music is about sound, not about look, not about easy to use and other crupp.

so I realy hope a new Motif will be The TOOL for profesional musicians

p.s. by the way i am against puting multiple synth engins on one keyboard, , at my opinion thay should focus and use all the their resorces on one synth engine, but make it perfect

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2010 @ 02:35 AM
dgarvich
Total Posts:  125
Joined  02-15-2009
chilly - 28 July 2010 02:00 AM

I agree, hardware keyboard is realy easy o use, all in one tool, but for me, # 1 priority is the sound quality, and i will sacrefuce awrything but not the sound, i jast cannot belive that i am the only one person that cares about sound, because music is about sound, not about look, not about easy to use and other crupp.

If you truly are so emphatic about specific sounds perhaps you should buy the actual instruments used to create the samples a keyboard uses?

I own some vintage gear and more times than not I can set my vintage gear up as a reference and then edit sounds on my Motif to be an exact match.  Then I don’t have to tote vintage gear around.  :)

And for obligatory on-topic comment… I’m happy with my XS and I’ll be perfectly satisfied with it all around when we get tap tempo.  So the XF will have to be something special to lure me away.  If I owned an ES, however, I think I’d be more likely to swap.

Of course, there’s always the part of me that just wants to have the latest thing.  I’ll have to squash that I’m sure… ;)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2010 @ 02:54 AM
kday
Joined  02-17-2004

We’ll have to wait and see if this XF is aimed at just bringing the following of the original Motif and Motif ES buyers into the XS/XF fold or is it something entirely new to have aside from same +/similar sounds and a flash card port. Then in another 3 years they’ll probably release that next and new generation synthesizer that you just can’t live without I have to assume. I hope and pray on bended knee that everything I said here is wrong though. I hope this is something both ES and XS owners would wish to buy. Personally I’m tired of depending on synth manufactures to make the sounds I’m hoping for over a ten year span. That’s why I love making my own sounds through sampling. Make the Motif do easy simplistic sampling and multi-sampling across the keyboard instantly or sell us a dedicated sampling keyboard that will is what I say. So since I have an ES and this seems to be mentioning me as an ES owner than I guess I’ll start saving my money now to buy this if it’s gonna be the same or cheaper than current Motif prices. If they raise the price I’ll probably say forget it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2010 @ 08:44 AM
radurobert
Total Posts:  794
Joined  03-05-2009

Yamaha will likely unveil a new Motif (XF) in a few days ?? .Or what ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2010 @ 09:05 AM
alejandro
Total Posts:  162
Joined  09-26-2006

Yes!

http://www.inspirationinaflash.com/

Cheers!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2010 @ 09:50 AM
radurobert
Joined  03-05-2009

ok . I don’t believe that. I can’t find any clear sign abut this. This is only a promo about new products that will be released soon. Right ?.Inspiration comes in a flesh ??.Yea right ))

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2010 @ 11:31 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Take a look at this. I have no idea who leaked it.

If the flash expansion means I don’t have to reload samples, I’m going to want this. I get tired of waiting for autoload to finish every time I fire up my ES.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2010 @ 11:44 AM
kday
Joined  02-17-2004

According to the picture it has expansion boards and ports. Don’t know if it’s for external Yamaha sounds or just flash memory or both. So I guess that’s some great news. I hope this thing doesn’t cost an arm and a leg because of that though.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2010 @ 11:44 AM
CesarSound
Total Posts:  572
Joined  12-25-2005

Makes sense, XF, where F is the Flash Memory, like Clavia Nords use.

The color is very cool.

http://www.motifxf.com/eq

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2010 @ 11:53 AM
KJandKT
Total Posts:  648
Joined  07-12-2008
radurobert - 28 July 2010 09:50 AM

ok . I don’t believe that. I can’t find any clear sign abut this. This is only a promo about new products that will be released soon. Right ?.Inspiration comes in a flesh ??.Yea right ))

Radurobert,

This is for real.  Take a look at the post a couple down from this titled, “Inspiration in a Flash”.  Yamaha themselves responded.  They said that it is something that everyone here will be interested in.  My guess is that along with the new XF flash version of the Motif, there will be some sort of significant upgrade/expansion path for XS owners for a lot of the operating system features on this new board.  (this is just conjecture of course...but with Yamaha saying that everyone here would be interested in I think it might be right...hope it might be right I should say!) You can also click on a banner at the top of the XS forum to register. 

This should personally make you happy Radurobert.  I believe that you wrote several posts about how Yamaha should make flash memory for samples and such?

Anyway this is indeed for real and in just a few more days and we can all see the exciting news from Yamaha!

Blessings to all!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2010 @ 01:58 PM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

OK, soon we will have:
1) a new Motif,
2) radurobert complaining about it.

Can’t we please stay with XS?

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2010 @ 02:12 PM
radurobert
Joined  03-05-2009

i don’t think that i will buy this new one, because i think this will be only a little upgrade to XS.Is only my opinion . Maybe in 1 or 2 years the real NEW Motif XXL will arrive. Who knows ?.

After 2012 if the world not ends i’m sure that the real NEW Motif XXL will arrive.So in the next 2 years i’m stuck with XS. I have enough hardware. But hey ! who knows ! maybe this XF )) will be a great surprise . I stay close for the news )

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2010 @ 02:59 PM
chilly
Joined  05-05-2008
meatballfulton - 28 July 2010 11:31 AM

Take a look at this. I have no idea who leaked it.

If the flash expansion means I don’t have to reload samples, I’m going to want this. I get tired of waiting for autoload to finish every time I fire up my ES.

Nice color thught, but i guess it is fotoshop of an old Motif Xs....

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 11